Megadroid Pro (links first post)

By the way Theo, are you still with GoMarkets?

Hi Rex,

Glad to help !

The table below is correct with the current logic settings i use for all the pairs which i trade !

USDJPY : Logic 4 GMT 19 to GMT 22

GPBUSD : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURJPY : Logic 1 GMT 19 to GMT 22

GBPCHF : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

USDCAD : Logic 2 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURCHF : Logic 2 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURGBP : Logic 3 GMT 20 to GMT 23

USDCHF : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURUSD : Logic 1 GMT 20 to GMT 23

AUDUSD : Logic 1 GMT 19 to GMT 21

I have included the recommended GMT trading times to use for each pair. I have found that these work best for me !

On some days i might use only 3 or 4 currency pairs only !

Remember this is entirely dependent on what currency will have the high impact news announcements between GMT 9 to GMT 19 for JPY and AUD currency pairs, or between GMT 10 to GMT 20 for all the other pairs.

For example the EUR & GBP had high impact news announcements at GMT 11.00 and GMT 11.45 this week on Thurs 10/6/2010 so the only pairs i traded on Thurs was USDJPY, AUDUSD, USDCHF, & USDCAD.

I hope my explanation is clear for you !

Cheers

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your local time relative to where you're living is irelevant.

Look at your market watch time in your metatrader platform to work work out what your GMT OFFSET will be. Yes, i am still with GoMarkets and their GMT offset is 2. In other words i have set GMT = 2 in the Megadroid pro inputs tab.

Yours might be different dependent on your Broker !

Look at current GMT time and compare with your Broker Market watch time. The difference will be your GMT offset which you need to put in the MP input tab. I set my GMT offset manually as i don't trust the auto setting.

Regards

Theo

Apologies for my ignorance. Just an example that I have in my current account:

GmtOffset: 3.0 (FxPro is on +3 GMT)

AutoLocalGmtOffset: true

AutoServerGmtOffset: true

I should set the AutoLocal & Server to false?

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, set both Auto Local & Auto Server to false to completely disable the auto function !

Glad to help !

Theo,

One last thing to confirm, I am not very clear on the following:

Default:

S1_Start_Hour1 21

S1_End_Hour1 1

S1_Start_Hour2 21

S1_End_Hour2 0

S2_Start_Hour1 21

S2_End_Hour1 4

S2_Start_Hour2 21

S2_End_Hour2 0

If I were to trade USDJPY, I would change to the following rite:

New:

S1_Start_Hour1 19

S1_End_Hour1 22

S1_Start_Hour2 19

S1_End_Hour2 22

S2_Start_Hour1 21

S2_End_Hour1 4

S2_Start_Hour2 21

S2_End_Hour2 0

Thank you again for the kind assistance.

Hi Rex,

Glad to help !

The table below is correct with the current logic settings i use for all the pairs which i trade !

USDJPY : Logic 4 GMT 19 to GMT 22

GPBUSD : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURJPY : Logic 1 GMT 19 to GMT 22

GBPCHF : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

USDCAD : Logic 2 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURCHF : Logic 2 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURGBP : Logic 3 GMT 20 to GMT 23

USDCHF : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURUSD : Logic 1 GMT 20 to GMT 23

AUDUSD : Logic 1 GMT 19 to GMT 21

I have included the recommended GMT trading times to use for each pair. I have found that these work best for me !

On some days i might use only 3 or 4 currency pairs only !

Remember this is entirely dependent on what currency will have the high impact news announcements between GMT 9 to GMT 19 for JPY and AUD currency pairs, or between GMT 10 to GMT 20 for all the other pairs.

For example the EUR & GBP had high impact news announcements at GMT 11.00 and GMT 11.45 this week on Thurs 10/6/2010 so the only pairs i traded on Thurs was USDJPY, AUDUSD, USDCHF, & USDCAD.

I hope my explanation is clear for you !

Cheers

Hey theozaki ,

Can you tell me which version of MD PRo you are using?

Is there much differenfe to MD 1.21 educated if I am only trading USDEUR pair?

What is meant by Educated?

Also do you use any ADT tactics ? or just default?

thanks

BTW- what are your thoughts on GoMArkets VS others say.. Alpari UK?

Edited by li21

MD 1.21 is specifically for trading the EURUSD pair only. It is not the Pro version with the four different logic settings. As as i am aware the logic for EURUSD for V1.21 has been updated and is diifferent from the MD Pro versions.

Educated means that all EA restrictions have been removed and you can use the EA on any live or demo account.

I have used ADT in the past trading MD EURUSD pair only, but now that i have enhanced trading time options within the Pro version input tabs, i can customize my GMT trading times on more than EURUSD currency pair.

I don't recommend for ADT to be used on any version of MD Pro since you can alredy customize your GMT trading times from within the EA input tab.

I have found that GoMarkets is very reliable and stable Broker.

It's a STP broker which is very similar to ECN . No dealing desk intervention , Very low variable spreads , No slippage etc.

MD Pro has performed extremely well using this broker and i recommend it !

Cheers

Theo,

I'm just practising for the news filter as per your recommendations, I'm sure you are aware of the major announcements for now, can you see if my understanding is correct?

JPY & AUD pairs: GMT9 - GMT19

Others: GMT10 - GMT20

15th June 2010 (Tue)

==============

GMT0130 AUD - safe to trade since not within 9-19

GMT0830 GBP - safe to trade since not within 10-20

GMT0900 EUR - not sure about this one cos it's pretty marginal (1 hour away), will you be trading EUR pairs?

16th June 2010 (Wed)

==============

GMT0830 GBP - safe to trade since not within 10-20

GMT0900 EUR - not sure about this one cos it's pretty marginal (1 hour away), will you be trading EUR pairs?

GMT1230 USD - NOT trading since within 10-20

17th June 2010 (Thu)

==============

GMT0730 CHF - is this safe?

GMT1230 USD - NOT trading since within 10-20

Much thanks for your guidance!

Edited by rex68

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Theozaki,

1. Please kindly post the download link of MD 1.21. Thanks. By the way, if trading EURUSD only, which version is more profitable consistently? MD 1.21 or MD Pro?

2. Which MD Pro version are you now using? Please post download link. Thanks a lot.

"MD Pro has performed extremely well using this broker and i recommend it": Which pair has highest profit with low drawdown on consistent basis? EURUSD, EURCHF, EURGBP, or USDCHF?

How do you think about using MD 1.21 and / or MD Pro on Interbankfx and Alpari UK? or FOREX.COM, UK? or FXCM, UK?

Hope you can help and explain further.

3. Anybody could get similar extremely good live results with Forex Megadroid (not Forex Megadroid Pro) like this website: http://xxx.forex-robots.com/ ? 770% profit in 6 months, wow ! They also posted the pre-set file on their website.

Thanks a lot

James

Thanks for Posting the ink Theozaki,

I have a few questions:

a) How did you come to determine the Trade times ? Experiment or are there general better times?

How well will the standard times work?

b) What do the Logic settings mean ? 1,2,3,4? Where can I find out what each one is and is there a recommended one for each pair?

Sorry i tried searching but there are 200 pages to this thread :(

li21:

take a look at post #1974 some pages before.

James:

I follow closely the forex-robots tests. All I can say is that you can half trust it. First, it's live results, so megadroid really multiplied the account almost 8 times in 5 months or so. Most of their trades match with mine. The catch is, they had it with a risk of 75% and recovery mode on. That's a bit luck and suicide. Here's the strange thing:

-during 5 months, they kept it like that, 75% and recovery mode on, nice profits.

-about 3-4 weeks ago they changed the risk to 50%. Then two days after they changed it to 5%. One week after that, it got a stop loss of 98$ out of 1900$. Imagine they still had the risk at 75%, that would be an almost 15 times size loss, leaving the account pretty damaged, at around 400$. I asked them twice about that but I got no response. Feel free to think whatever you want.

Theozaki:

I've been always curious about how the news impact the robot. Ten hours is what you think is on the safe side for high impact news? What about medium and low impact news, do you have a safe time for those?

Also, I really didn't want to got all over the 200 pages, but I heard there was a filter for megadroid to not trade around news time. Is that truth? Someone has a link or know the page for that?

I was thinking about modding megadroid with that when I had time, but it would save me loads of time if it existed already.

li21:

take a look at post #1974 some pages before.

Hi Dinj, thanks I saw Theozakis great post on the times and Logic settings for each pair..

But I guess my question is how do he come to those conclusions.

If i could understand what each of the logic settings are and why those are best times, I can try play with the settings myself :)

any ideas?

BTW - back test or forward test MD PRo?

I cant for the life of me get backtesting to work

Theres always no results or trades after running a 6 month backtest

Your modification of MegaDroid would be much appreciated by many!

That and other usefull information that I have been onto for some time are on the go. I'm just waiting for a moderator to aprove my post but I created a new thread on megadroid that hopefully will be up soon.

And li21, I think I remember someone long time ago backtesting different settings on different pairs arriving to those recomended strategies.

All I can say is that I'm faithfull to the original megadroid and the only pair from the pro version I've been trading for quite a while is USDCHF. Not because all the other ones don't work, but mostly because I haven't bother too much testing them, but I think USDCHF is a good one.

Thanks Dinj.

I'm liking MD 1.21 but trying out Theozaki's settings on MD Pro 1.01E will see which works better.:)

Again MD1.21 wins 90% of the time for me, but always seems to hit stop loss which wipes out all the profit it gathers for a few weeks.

do you get this ?

Im still experimenting before I go live.

Thanks Dinj.

I'm liking MD 1.21 but trying out Theozaki's settings on MD Pro 1.01E will see which works better.:)

Again MD1.21 wins 90% of the time for me, but always seems to hit stop loss which wipes out all the profit it gathers for a few weeks.

do you get this ?

Im still experimenting before I go live.

I've been live with 1.21 on eurusd for quite a while. It's going alright for me. What's your broker?

I've been live with 1.21 on eurusd for quite a while. It's going alright for me. What's your broker?

1.21 seems to get more trades for me than 1.01 Pro.

Ive been demoing with Alpari UK but thinking of going Live with GoMarkets soon

What settings are you using on 1.21?

im just using default on everything atm..

Edited by li21

1.21 seems to get more trades for me than 1.01 Pro.

Ive been demoing with Alpari UK but thinking of going Live with GoMarkets soon

What settings are you using on 1.21?

im just using default on everything atm..

I'm pretty much with aggressive on and recovery off.

Gomarkets live has been going good for me.Good broker.

Waaaaooooow this is a great site and a graet taem spirit kudos to all of u there.i had gone througth the spead and it is intesting to see honest brains at work.As a newbie i ty to download most of the modified version, most of bbrain gooood version 07.Some body should help me pls.

• 2 weeks later...
@THEOZAKI:

Hope you can help me on this, what would be the correct logic and trading time on following pairs:

EUR/AUD

AUD/JPY

GPB/JPY

Thanks for your help!!

I have not traded or even tested using these pairs ! I believe that 10 pairs to trade are more than enough on a daily basis without adding even more to the set.

Maybe someone else can help you here !

Hi Jason,

NO, any trade still open after End Time GMT setting generally speaking shouldn't be closed manually. The EA has it's own logic to close the position exactly at the right time. The only time i might possibly intervene is if a high impact news anouncement is imminent or if the position is close to break even and it has been open for at least 4 hours or more.

But then again ultimately it is your call !

Cheers