Megadroid Pro (links first post)

Hi Nishant,

May i suggest you don't use the agressive mode ! It makes MP overall less reliable & profitable long term. It opens riskier trades more often and in my experience and if you read thru all the post in this thread you will find that most traders here have had a poor experience long term with AGRESSIVE = True setting. Even the recovery mode in my opinion should be left false unless you are 100% certain of the amount you would potentially be risking per trade . Not likely ! We are trading with enough multiple currency pairs to NOT be aggressive with our trades.

Adjust your lot sizes to a comfortable level and go from there ! With the GMT setting set it MANUALLY . I don't trust the Auto setting and i believe that it doesn't work properly either !

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get this error message in the Ea journal too sometimes, but doesn't seem to affect the trading in any way. It still trades effectively !

Anyone else notice this also ?

Ever since I got this error, my EA doesn't trade at all for the demo forward testing even after I've tried to restart MT4 and deleted the .hst files. Any kind soul can help me please?

Hi all, megadroid pro seems to be the best scalper around here, so I download 1.01 ee and I did some backtest with default settings changing only lot size and gmt but backtest result was poor, also I tried to change pair and logic but the result was the same.

what's wrong ?

If I don't have a good backtest I don't think to put it on forward test.

please, let me know what I have to change on my setting.

thanks.

Don't rely on backtest results. Even demo trading only approximates live trading conditions unless you're using GoMarkets whose demo conditions are exactly what you get on Live trading !

i have been using the above mentioned version of MP for the past six weeks and my LIVE account has gained approximately $1000 on a 20K account balance. If you read my earlier posts you can see exactly how and why i choose to use the settings and news filtering method that i'm currently using. My % profitable trades is just over 90% for the past six weeks of live trading with a drawdown of just over 1%.

Please tell me if there is any other EA out there that can do better than that !

If you Backtest make sure you have at least 90% modelling accuracy and you set your GMT manually depending on your Broker. Auto GMT doesn't work when backtesting.

Theozaki is wise and has mastered the art of dealing MD PRO; I trade similarly to him and it works.

EAKAIN is very inferior to MD - Eakain is spread sensitive and does not trade sometimes; it seems like a JUNK EA sometimes but MD PRO is probably the best EA out there. Kudos Theo for your wise advice.

Edited by Ancien

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Theozaki,

Please kindly post the link of MP v1.01ee version and pre-set file that you are now using live, because this thread is too long, and I can not find where the download link and pre-set file for it was located.

By the way, what pair is MP v1.01ee version used on? Eurgbp or Eurusd? If Eurgbp pair, then, what is maximum spread to be considered still profitable for this version?

Thanks

James

theozaki, I know that I shoudn't trust backtest but how can I optmize setting for MD Pro without backtest ?

can you share your settings file ? just one pair is sufficient like eurusd or usdchf

I believe you are better off optimising via Demo trading. Forward testing is more reliable than backtesting in my opinion. Try Go Markets whom i use. Their Demo platform is an exact mirror of live trading conditions including spreads !

Please read my previous posts regarding my recommended settings for all pairs !

Hi Theozaki,

Please kindly post the link of MP v1.01ee version and pre-set file that you are now using live, because this thread is too long, and I can not find where the download link and pre-set file for it was located.

By the way, what pair is MP v1.01ee version used on? Eurgbp or Eurusd? If Eurgbp pair, then, what is maximum spread to be considered still profitable for this version?

Thanks

James

Hi James,

I f you go back a few pages you will find the link i have posted already for the second time !

Also MP V1.01ee can be used on any pair ! If you're unsure about Max spread settings using default ie Max Spread = 0

For S1 MP has default Max settings of 6 pips for EURBGP, EURCHF & USDCHF and 4 pips for EURUSD which are the four officially supported pairs !

Hi Lucky Like

I haven't use the XE version yet but i will be using it this week because i want to be trading at the end of month period. 28 - 31 st of the month.

Only the XE version allows me to overide this default non trading period. The other versions of MP don't allow me to overide this option.

I will be able to provide more detailed comments for you by the end of next week regarding megadroid pro XE V1.2

The version which i have been running live for the past one month is MP V1.01ee as i have already mentioned. I have had outstanding success so far using this version and my news filtering trading strategy together.

Here are my live stats since the start of March below :

Gross Profit: 1 001.51 Gross Loss: 278.90 Total Net Profit: 722.61

Profit Factor: 3.59 Expected Payoff: 16.42

Absolute Drawdown: 0.00 Maximal Drawdown: 103.65 (1.05%) Relative Drawdown: 1.05% (103.65)

Total Trades: 44 Short Positions (won %): 26 (88.46%) Long Positions (won %): 18 (88.89%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 39 (88.64%) Loss trades (% of total): 5 (11.36%)

Largest profit trade: 78.39 loss trade: -103.65

Average profit trade: 25.68 loss trade: -55.78

Maximum consecutive wins ($): 18 (369.95) consecutive losses ($): 1 (-103.65)

Maximal consecutive profit (count): 379.70 (9) consecutive loss (count): -103.65 (1)

Average consecutive wins: 8 consecutive losses: 1

Kudos always welcome !

Update on MP XE V1.2 version which i been trading with Live this week from 29/3 to 31/3 . Opened 5 trades in total and all profitable. Zero losses. Net profit of $201 on 20K balance.

I used default settings EXCEPT End Of Month Trading to true ! ALL other settings were adjusted similar as i would use with version V1.01ee

Cheers

@Theozaki:

Which pairs did you trade with XE V1.2?

I don´t know, why the original Version inhibits trades, are markets really more volatile/choppy at the end of the month? Since my 1.01ee didn´t trade in the last days till 31st of March, I could see Dragonpips and Caspian trading, and I was quite satisfied with it, no abnormalities.

However in the last night I had 1 trade Sell with MD in USDCHF on 2 accounts, both opened at the same time, and both turned out to be loosers, and I had to close them manually to limit the loss, I didn´t want to have open orders through easter holidays.

Did you (Theozaki) have the same loosing trade, though XE 1.2 allows different pair strategies to be choosen? Could you perhaps insert a *.set file a a code here for EURUSD, mentioning differences in other pairs, if used?

There might be a reason not to trade with H1-EAs into holiday/weekend, they accustom slowlier to the decreasing dynamics of the market. Does anybody agree?

Edited by Diagoras

Well, I've been trying to get MP V1.01ee to work but I am not getting any trades. I have it on 3 platforms and I am even allowing it to trade for 23 hours ( from 01 to 23:00 GMT) on MBT Trading, IBFX and I just installed it on GoMarkets that theozaki is using... With Gomarkets under the Experts tab I am getting the comment : MegaDroidPro , H1: dll calls are not allowed; 'MegaDroidPro.dll'-'Increment' . I am not sure what this means ... it cannot probably call the dll which I have put in the library folder under experts.

Here are the settings I am using:

Stealth: true

Aggressive: false

NFA: false

GMT offset: 0

AutoLocalGMToffset: true

AutoServerGMToffset: true

Override Trade Times: true (I've had this set to false and I just changed it, maybe this has been the issue ?)..

S1 start hour 1: 1

S1 end hour 1: 23

same for S1 Start hour2 and end hour 2

and 0 under S2

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.

Its finally taking trades. I had the custom trading times set to false. It started working OK when I changed the setting.

Elma, the "allow dll" setting is not in the EA settings. Its under MT4 , tools , tab experts. You need to make sure that "allow dll's" is checked.

Its finally taking trades. I had the custom trading times set to false. It started working OK when I changed the setting.

Elma, the "allow dll" setting is not in the EA settings. Its under MT4 , tools , tab experts. You need to make sure that "allow dll's" is checked.

Sure you arent using MD Pro XE 1.2? Sound likes it if it has those custom trading times?

Both 1.01ee and XE V1.2 have the custom trading time option !

The pairs which i use for my trading are GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, GBPCHF, AUDUSD, EURGBP, EURCHF, EURJPY .

Max of six pairs in one day trading session ! My choice of pairs depends on High impact news announcements of the day ...

Both 1.01ee and XE V1.2 have the custom trading time option !

The pairs which i use for my trading are GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, GBPCHF, AUDUSD, EURGBP, EURCHF, EURJPY .

Max of six pairs in one day trading session ! My choice of pairs depends on High impact news announcements of the day ...

I thought most people avoid trading on high impact days ? :) like end of month, fridays etc?

Can MD react well with big news days?

Hi Theozaki,

Can you tell me the logic you are using for the AUDUSD pair? Are you using daily correlation to come up with alternate logic for the extra pairs or another method? I would like to know this because I can add more pairs using the same logic ( Mataf website has an excellent correlation table)...Just thinking aloud and trying to find the logic behind the logic (if this makes any sense?).

Also, is there a specific reason you are using a 10 hour buffer instead of a shorter buffer ? Did you experiment with different time buffers ?

Thanks.