Top Posters In This Topic

Re: REQ: forex derivative EA

fxknight + i investigated.

he found the following section of the code:

int CheckForTestingModeResult(int ai_0) {

bool li_ret_8;

int l_year_4 = TimeYear(iTime(NULL, PERIOD_M1, 0));

if (ai_0 == 0) {

if (l_year_4 == 2000 || l_year_4 == 2001 || l_year_4 == 2002 || l_year_4 == 2004 || l_year_4 == 2005 || l_year_4 == 2006 || l_year_4 == 2008)

li_ret_8 = TRUE;

else

li_ret_8 = FALSE;

} else {

if (ai_0 == 1) {

if (l_year_4 == 2003 || l_year_4 == 2007 || l_year_4 == 2009) li_ret_8 = TRUE;

else li_ret_8 = FALSE;

} else li_ret_8 = FALSE;

}

return (li_ret_8);

}

------------------

that part of the code is calling to the .dll for yearly parameters.

the backtests are curve fitted. totally bogus.

it makes the EA seem like its a system, which produces great returns.

instead, its just optimised for each year so the backtests are bogus! they are merely optimised results for each year!

SCAM artists! this has to be a new length to go to to deceive purchasers! this has to be told!

Comment or delete the code and make a backtest

Indo-Investasi Rocks

this one gets my thumbs up. buy it (support the author) :arrow:

You might wanna edit your comments from earlier (such as the one I have hopefully quoted above) cos some poeple might not read past the pages where you all praise it strongly, to the bits where you find its a scam. Just a thought.

yep ive tested it over 18+ months.

the only change i could find was the money management.

do u want to comment out the calls and i can try that one?

Thanks Storming. I already tried commenting that routine out but the testing of 2009 did not go far as it printed out lots of lines about values of DeMarker (probably for their debugging). Commenting out the line as you did is probably sufficient for testing past years (rather than just last 18 months, as the curve-fitting is performed for each year.

Now, with what you & fxknight just found about the hardcoded years confirms that view.

this one gets my thumbs up. buy it (support the author) :arrow:

You might wanna edit your comments from earlier (such as the one I have hopefully quoted above) cos some poeple might not read past the pages where you all praise it strongly, to the bits where you find its a scam. Just a thought.

if they dont read the whole thread then they deserve it. :huh:

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Holy Crap!

Went for refund...guys, how long it takes to get a refund?? :huh:

48 hrs

This is the first time i ask for refund...please let me know if i did right.

Opened my clickbank order, selected "ask for refund" in chat box and wrote the msg...is just it? :?

Holy Crap!

48 hrs

Opened my clickbank order, selected "ask for refund" in chat box and wrote the msg...is just it? :?

yep thats it!

wow never thought it was a scam ea but how wrong is this...goes to show at what length scammers will go to get our money :(

thankfully it was clickbank

quote="Hyglater"]Holy Crap!

48 hrs

Clickbank refunds: just aplly for refund in dialogue box as it sounds you have done and normally you will recieve a refund within 48 - 72 hours.I have never had any problems with clickbank when i have asked for a refund.....In fact someone might like to get forex espionage this way knowing that if it proves a dud they can get a refund

The backtest function is manipulated.....

But the ea itself has more than 5000 lines of code and a lot of real functionality in it. So if somembody can share here a backtest without the cuve fitting I'm very thankful. So we all here can see how good this EA really is....

Thanks,

megainvest

void DefineParameters() {
  double lda_0[102];
  int l_year_4;
  string ls_8 = StringSubstr(Symbol(), 0, 6);
  if (IsTesting() && TimeCurrent() < gi_1876) l_year_4 = TimeYear(TimeCurrent());
  else l_year_4 = 9999;
  l_year_4 = 9999; /* add this line to disable backtest manipulation of parameters */

Just by adding the line above the EA acquires its normal parameters

You can do your own backtests but I assure you mine were diassapointing to disastrous

Ad augusta per angusta

This is from 4xproject.com:

As we got informed there is an new version of derivative available. This new version has the possibility to lock a trade in profit. That feature reduces the number of possible loosing trades but will reduce the overall performance as well as the trades have less room to swing.

We got an explanation as well about the backtest section in the code of derivative. The expert advisor has initially be designed before the new hedging rule was in place.

To cover the new hedging rule even in backtest they added a code which some people claimed to be to fake the backtest. We took a look into the code and the activation date for that part of the code is 18.05.2009 which fits to the explanation.

what do you guys think of this "explanation"?

This is from 4xproject.com:

As we got informed there is an new version of derivative available. This new version has the possibility to lock a trade in profit. That feature reduces the number of possible loosing trades but will reduce the overall performance as well as the trades have less room to swing.

We got an explanation as well about the backtest section in the code of derivative. The expert advisor has initially be designed before the new hedging rule was in place.

To cover the new hedging rule even in backtest they added a code which some people claimed to be to fake the backtest. We took a look into the code and the activation date for that part of the code is 18.05.2009 which fits to the explanation.

what do you guys think of this "explanation"?

FD is alarmed by our diagnosis, as traders at other forum are now aware of that fact too. The date is correct (when the new ruling started to be in effect) but I doubt about the "explanation": the EA already has the optional parameter for "hedging", so the correct backtest still could be performed by the right setting if so wished. Their argument does not stand. The fact that the code passes both the pair AND the year to the DLL does not look "healthy".

As for their andeavour to improve the EA performance, this is expected for a supplier after a bad begining. Backtest & Forward testing will see to it.

i sent a message to peace army about it to get the news out there about their deception.

usually peace army get in contact to ask the hard questions of the scammer before reporting a finding. the developers..i mean scam artists might have been contacted by them and hence the mumbling defence.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Clickbank refunds: just aplly for refund in dialogue box as it sounds you have done and normally you will recieve a refund within 48 - 72 hours.I have never had any problems with clickbank when i have asked for a refund.....In fact someone might like to get forex espionage this way knowing that if it proves a dud they can get a refund

Thanks!...When you ask for refund, do you receive any auto message from clickbank? I'm asking it cos I asked for refund but did not receive anything... :cd:

Thanks!...When you ask for refund, do you receive any auto message from clickbank? I'm asking it cos I asked for refund but did not receive anything... :cd:

No they don't send a confirmation right away. I don't even remember if I got any confirmation at all, but the money is returned with a day or two.