Forex Derivative EA

Re: REQ: forex derivative EA

i match cloverly's tests. with 1 minute timeframe 25% is as good as youre going to get without tik data.

And from your tests you think this is worth it? Only asking cause I always respect your opinion on these EA's, we seem to pass the same bots.

yes. i do. support the author by purchasing it.

agree... there are so many scam EA sellers, but this is not one of them, author has put in some great coding...i bought one support the author

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collin, there is nothing special with my backtest process (I think) but I just realised that my data quality is only 25%, so I will get the correct data and test again.

I believe 25% modelling is as far as we get, since I am getting this value as well. Thanks sgteo for the clarifications.

Can I confirm with you on your databank? It seems that you are using FXClearing. I have downloaded a copy of it but FXClearing does not provide the historical data dating back to 2008. Other than this, I am not sure if I miss out anything else. The parameters used are same as the original educated ex4, except hedging which is changed to 'true'. I am currently using v224 MT4 for the test.

Norman, are you also using Alpari data platform for the testing? Can you also shed some light on your testing procedures?

forexample, I am using Alpari MT4 platform and the databank provided by Alpari. I just test using the dll and the educated ex4 provided. Additoinal steps include converting the M1 data to M5, M15, M30, M60, M240 and D1 (or 1440). Ensure the "Allow DLL imports" and "Allow external experts import" are ticked (under Options->Expert Advisors).

I am attaching the 2008 backtest results. Strangely this is the 4th attempt I am doing but the results are still the same. Can any parties help to provide some guidance on this?

http://www.4shared.com/file/109094543/2fda52f3/MyBT.html

Thanks again for all the help.

Regards,

Collin

I did not download the data from Alpari database but use the Tools/History Center feature of MT4 (that's why the data quality is only 25%. The Alpari data server is currently down so we cannot download extended M1 data). I think maybe you are using version 1 instead of v1.1 or 1.2 of the EA. They have updated the EA so the "educated" is only v1. The version 1.2 is somewhere in this thread.

You also tested only till 28Nov but the gain since then till the end of 2008 is minimal. Otherwise, overall the results are much the same (i thought you meant yours is much worse, but as the data quality is only 25%, the results sometimes vary by a small margin.)

BTW, the EA just had a small win with GU (9 pips) on a 3pip spread broker (FX Clearing), but nothing on a 4-pip GoTrader.

I did not download the data from Alpari database but use the Tools/History Center feature of MT4 (that's why the data quality is only 25%. The Alpari data server is currently down so we cannot download extended M1 data). I think maybe you are using version 1 instead of v1.1 or 1.2 of the EA. They have updated the EA so the "educated" is only v1. The version 1.2 is somewhere in this thread.

You also tested only till 28Nov but the gain since then till the end of 2008 is minimal. Otherwise, overall the results are much the same (i thought you meant yours is much worse, but as the data quality is only 25%, the results sometimes vary by a small margin.)

BTW, the EA just had a small win with GU (9 pips) on a 3pip spread broker (FX Clearing), but nothing on a 4-pip GoTrader.

Thanks for reminding me about this. You are right about the version update that causes different results. I have earlier made a purchase from the aurthor and my testing confirm the same results from 2007 to 2009 as compared to the official website results. But the 2005 ended out with negative equity while 2006 has a small gain of 10%. I also realised that testing with Metaquotes data (download direct from the "Tools/History Center/Download" button" yield a much better results than Alpari. This is something that I did not realise initially until now. Something good to learn about.

Regards,

Collin

Anyone test this on an Interbank FX mini account? I have it on a live account and it has placed no trades yet, but on my FXDD demo it has placed a trade already.

I cannot download history for backtesting on my Interbank FX mini account because it uses the EurUSDm symbol.

Can anyone verify it works correctly with this broker?

Anyone test this on an Interbank FX mini account? I have it on a live account and it has placed no trades yet, but on my FXDD demo it has placed a trade already.

I cannot download history for backtesting on my Interbank FX mini account because it uses the EurUSDm symbol.

Can anyone verify it works correctly with this broker?

Yes it work fine, and why you cant load history data?i load and it work fine,only that 1m TF it is only 25% but that is allways that.Also i back test it little and seam like ok.

Yes it work fine, and why you cant load history data?i load and it work fine,only that 1m TF it is only 25% but that is allways that.Also i back test it little and seam like ok.

Well I am not sure. I can download the history fine for the eurusd pair while on my demo account (not mini) but when I am on my live mini it won't download it because its eurusdm and it says "downloading from metaqutoes" then it says there is "no new data for symbol EURUSDm"

I tried importing and exporting but apparently the data don't match properly because it gets errors when backtesting...

Is the forex derivative 2.0 educated..work on live account? :?:

i have put it on demo account no trade opened so far... :x

i run test but get this warning

ForexDerivative(educated) EURUSD,M1: Alert: Warning: Amount of Bars should be greater than 800 => Download historical data under Tools -> History Center ???? what this means ?

any body trading live with forex derivative EA can comment the number of trades taken per week?

from back test, some trades are open for a couple of days, and also over the weekends.

Yes, it is true. The reason why is to gain as high profit as possible, which is so stupid.

I think adding trailing stop to this ea is better so a lot of trades will take place and less risk would exist for a safer trading.

I hope someone can decompile this ea maybe I can add trailing stop.

Best wishes,

Scarface

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)