Forex Derivative EA

Re: REQ: forex derivative EA

For those who has purchase from the author, v1.3 is now available for download. This new version has the ability to support ECN brokers.

Regards,

Collin

not more then 6 posts above.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who has purchase from the author, v1.3 is now available for download. This new version has the ability to support ECN brokers.

Regards,

Collin

not more then 6 posts above.

Norman, sorry if I miss out something here. What is it that you are refering to?

I wonder why 4xProject gets so many trades executed and the results are totally different from mine (only 6 trades). The difference in datafeed between Alpari & FX Clearing would not make that big deal. Anyone has other forward test result?

I am using Alpari demo but I only have GBPUSD (1 trade) and EURUSD trades (3 trades), none for AU nor CAD. So far all EURUSD exited with positve pips, but GBPUSD is still floating. I am equally surprised with 4xProject's results as well.

Regards,

Collin

Anyone has any new opening in their trades since yesterday? My 2 floating trades EURUSD and GBPSUSD still remain, but has finally turned into positve equity. So far no trades in USDCAD and AUDUSD, kind of strange. Does anyone has new trades in either USDCAD or AUDUSD?

Regards,

Collin

Anyone has any new opening in their trades since yesterday? My 2 floating trades EURUSD and GBPSUSD still remain, but has finally turned into positve equity. So far no trades in USDCAD and AUDUSD, kind of strange. Does anyone has new trades in either USDCAD or AUDUSD?

Regards,

Collin

yes ive had them all open. but on 3 accounts, same broker, on same computer. only occasionally does it open the same 3 positions at the same time.

very strange.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Regards,

Collin

yes ive had them all open. but on 3 accounts, same broker, on same computer. only occasionally does it open the same 3 positions at the same time.

very strange.

I also have different trades at my different account with same broker. But what strange for me is the EA made a good floating position up to +500 pips for 4 pairs, but do nothing and just keep floating even now it is floating -100 pips...

What a waste... :hammer:

very strange.

Norman and tom, could you share which broker you are testing with? I am currently using Alpari.

Just like tom's case, my 2 floating orders has been moving up and down without any actions from the EA.

Thanks.

Regards,

Collin

After seeing a number of 'strange' behaviours of the EA, I checked the code and found this interesting line

if (IsTesting() && TimeCurrent() < gi_1876) l_year_4 = TimeYear(TimeCurrent());

This actually checks if it is backtesting and the time is before May18, 2009 then it will ask the DLL to give it the working parameters (defining everything, including S&R, SL, TP, etc.), otherwise it will work on a different set, again coming from the DLL. I suspect that the DLL is heavily customised to make a good backtesting, hence making it attractive for selling. The size of the DLL is so huge (500K) seems to convince me that it contains lots of past data. So, for now, I do not trust any backtesting, and will forward test much longer to see how the EA performs before deciding whether to keep the EA or not, or asking for refund.

that's SNEAKY!

i commented that line out (dont know if that was enough).

ran the tests again. . . same trades, but reduced money management risk.

drawdown was about 9% instead of 18%.

profits were reduced.

but it seems the trades were the same.

that's SNEAKY!

i commented that line out (dont know if that was enough).

ran the tests again. . . same trades, but reduced money management risk.

drawdown was about 9% instead of 18%.

profits were reduced.

but it seems the trades were the same.

I would like to comment out the called routine DefineParameters() (by inserting a return at its beginning) and test again. This routine is called at every tick, and it in turn calls the DLL to get back about 100 control parameters. These parameters then are used across the EA to determine actions. The code is hard to read & follow, but I seem to see those parameters in things like Timeframe/periods for various indi calls (RSI, DeMarker, MA, WPR, etc.), ATR factors, waves,... There is a set of pre-defined default parameters that can be used. Maybe I am too suspicious but I cannot see any reason for the DLL calls at every tick to reload these 100 parameters.

Can you retest with your full historical data? I do not have the full set to test properly. Thanks

yep ive tested it over 18+ months.

the only change i could find was the money management.

do u want to comment out the calls and i can try that one?

that sure'd be interesting to see if the commenting out the 100 calls per tick would make a worse performance in backtesting...

On another note, I read elsewhere that there is a fixed version from the member area since 3 o clock today which handles micro accounts better...

I was tempted to buy the ea, but the discovery that clovelly made makes me suspicious - maybe i'ts not such a brilliant ea after all... and it should at least make 10% in 2 months in my opinion...

I had a gbpusd trade that was +150 pips and now its -40 pips. On my real account it had a trade with the same pair that went +50 pips and closed out 10 pips better than the stoploss.

The market has been crazy the last few days but I still pulled this ea from my live account until more forward testing can be done.

fxknight + i investigated.

he found the following section of the code:

int CheckForTestingModeResult(int ai_0) {

bool li_ret_8;

int l_year_4 = TimeYear(iTime(NULL, PERIOD_M1, 0));

if (ai_0 == 0) {

if (l_year_4 == 2000 || l_year_4 == 2001 || l_year_4 == 2002 || l_year_4 == 2004 || l_year_4 == 2005 || l_year_4 == 2006 || l_year_4 == 2008)

li_ret_8 = TRUE;

else

li_ret_8 = FALSE;

} else {

if (ai_0 == 1) {

if (l_year_4 == 2003 || l_year_4 == 2007 || l_year_4 == 2009) li_ret_8 = TRUE;

else li_ret_8 = FALSE;

} else li_ret_8 = FALSE;

}

return (li_ret_8);

}

------------------

that part of the code is calling to the .dll for yearly parameters.

the backtests are curve fitted. totally bogus.

it makes the EA seem like its a system, which produces great returns.

instead, its just optimised for each year so the backtests are bogus! they are merely optimised results for each year!

SCAM artists! this has to be a new length to go to to deceive purchasers! this has to be told!

bool li_ret_8;

if (ai_0 == 0) {

if (l_year_4 == 2000 || l_year_4 == 2001 || l_year_4 == 2002 || l_year_4 == 2004 || l_year_4 == 2005 || l_year_4 == 2006 || l_year_4 == 2008)

li_ret_8 = TRUE;

else

li_ret_8 = FALSE;

} else {

if (ai_0 == 1) {

else li_ret_8 = FALSE;

} else li_ret_8 = FALSE;

}

return (li_ret_8);

}

------------------

instead, its just optimised for each year so the backtests are bogus! they are merely optimised results for each year!

SCAM artists! this has to be a new length to go to to deceive purchasers! this has to be told!

Great and amazing catch guys. I didn't pay attention to this part.

It is truly a scam.

Avoid it if you can.

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)

bool li_ret_8;

if (ai_0 == 0) {

li_ret_8 = TRUE;

else

li_ret_8 = FALSE;

} else {

if (ai_0 == 1) {

else li_ret_8 = FALSE;

} else li_ret_8 = FALSE;

}

return (li_ret_8);

}

------------------

Aha !!! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Thanks to all for this very useful finding, especially Norman and FxKnight.. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: