SaneFX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: SaneFX

Is this correct?

yes. that is how u trade using these type of indicators.

the bar labelled bar #1 is the 'old' colour.

the bar labelled bar #2 when closed is the 'new' colour. the change in colour may go back and forwards on this bar. when the bar shuts, the colour is confirmed; not before.

the bar lebelled bar #3 is the first bar to be formed beginning with the 'new' colour. you enter on the start of this bar (or on the close of the previous bar -- which is effectively the same thing).

with many systems this is the rules to entry; it is only on closed bars you have confirmation of a signal.

if an indicator after the bar it is on closes, changes colour or moves it positions -- then it is a repaint. repaints are only on closed bars.

it is natural on the current open bar that indicators will change. because of this you want to wait for the bar to shut and confirm the indicator's colour/value.

like i said in the above case #2 is the bar you are waiting to have confirm the change in colour according to both common sense and the developer's rules.

hope that clears some things up.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• 2 weeks later...

Message to Hacker as you've been using it a while - what time-frames do you use and what settings? Do you prefer the dailies with the larger drawdown? Best :)

extern int Length_M1 = 7;

extern int Length_M5 = 9;

extern int Length_M15 = 12;

extern int Length_M30 = 15;

extern int Length_H1 = 15;

extern int Length_H4 = 15;

extern int Length_D1 = 15;

extern int Length_W1 = 15;

extern int Length_MN1 = 15;

Thats what I use.. I have it automated in the indi..

I'm usually on the 5 M or 15 M charts.. Anything higher than that and you miss too many trades.. Unless you only want to look at charts once a week or something like that..

So many people say this repaints.. Only Norm seems to understand the bar0, the current bar, always changes with the price action.. You dont want an indi that doesnt.. But this indio freezes all the past old bars (bar(1) thru end of time).. It really doesnt matter that much unless your doing some kind of calculation on the past bars anyway.. Which you shouldnt be doing anyway.. All the past bars are good for is general trend direction and thats it..

I would surely not rely only on this indi for any trading.. But I use this as my only trend indi.. Then I use the RubberBand I posted earlier to tell me strength of the trend.. And I use a variation of the COG indi to give the upper and lower ranges.. Now COG is an indi that DOES repaint the past bars.. And for the purpose I use it for you want an indi that re-calculates the past bars..

Now if you got something better then SaneFX/TCCI start a thread called "the best trend indi" and post it.. Its like anything; you find what you like and use it.. I personally would never buy a Mercedes-Benz after having all the problems I have had with the several Ive had.. But I dont go around slammin people that own them..

COG have weakness as it does, not very well works at lower time frame....

You must use it at least at H4 TF....

And some time you must have seen the COG does the backtrack because the news not support your position...

People just told their opinion to get the best system...or works better..

People free to talk...

It doesnt matter the indicator repaints or not as long as u very professional to use it...

But for me it means a lot on real trading...... :)

"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".

I'm kinda done with this thread.. I'll let you re-painters carry on the discussion..

You know there is a guy here doing test of various things.. Go check out his testing..

http://www*indo-investasi*com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3238&hilit=repaint

COG have weakness as it does, not very well works at lower time frame....

As I mentioned Im using a modified version of COG that works perfect in giving the upper and lower range of trades over a very short time frame..

• 2 months later...

yes i agree with you, nothing special about that crap they just ranamed a repainting indicator and sold it. Please all sane-fx users swith to trend magic indicator it is much more better than uselesss sane-fx X-(

I have not seen any current posts re: sanefx. There were some members that really liked this indicator.

The developer has added an additional indicator with directional arrows which he states make this system even more accurate.

Has any used the updated version? If so, please comment.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

@Vinko;

Thank You Very2 much :-bd

@ Chetachukwu & Pray624;

Are you sure this SaneFX its repaint indicator ?

I saw this indicator TCCI (Length : 16) has gotted same movement with MACD (10,20,3); please look at this screenshoot bellow :

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6021/sanemacd.gif

Just litle bit simmiliar with Black Dog MACD with a twist ... :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...