SaneFX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: SaneFX

Be aware this indicator is not what it seems. It repaints and looks perfect when looked at in the past. Do a visual backtest and load the indicator and you'll see what I mean

Best rgds

I have to differ with you .. I have been using the sanefx indi for close to 9 months now.. I test all lindi's using a trade simulator from learnfromhome and the indi DOES NOT repaint the past bars (there are many indi's out there that do, COG being one of the most obvious).. Now bar 0 (the current bar) of course is always changing just like bid/ask is always changing. But the past bars on sanefx are exactly as painted on the close of bars.. One way to test it yourself is to draw yourself some cross lines on closed bars on the active live chart and see if the indi drifts away from your manually placed lines...

After reading your post I fired up stragey tester and the trading simulator just to make sure and the past bars stay intact.. If you look at the indi code itself you can see that the past bars are not recaculated, like they are in so many other indi's out there..

So as far as the sanefx indi from John Campbell is concerned I use and trust it.. So if you could please explain why you think it repaints the past bars, maybe I am doing something wrong..

Hi Club50

Had another look and youre right. I had changed the price to "1" which is the close price. I then ran it and it would start out as a red line on the open of a new bar and I would have entered a Sell but then when a new bar opens the previous red bar then changes to green. That is what I meant. Hope it makes sense. Think tho that using it your way (with price set to "0") is probably a better option

Thanks for making me aware of that

Best rgds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really this system rocks in live trades. Would suggest we make a robot out of it, what do u all think? Its very simple n yet profitable

One obvious truth.FOREX IS ANYTHING BUT EASY

Yes this is a good system.. I have been using the indi for almost a year now.. I have 3 indi's I use.. This one here.. The one I posted earlier on another thread.. And a third that I am still customizing.. But yes SaneFX is a good system.. Using the indi by itself in an EA is tricky.. I guess it depends on the time frame more than anything.. What time period are you using??

What do you mean the inid repaints.. There have been several threads on this site now about this.. This indi DOES NOT repaint the past bars.. It is one of the more stable indi's out there.. THe current live bar is always changing just like the real price action is always changing.. If you call the current bar changing with the price "repainting" then you are WRONG... The "Repainting" phrase applies to closed/past bars.. If you want to see an example of repainting at its best then load up one of the Center of Gravity indi's and watch how the PAST bars constantly change even though the price action in the past bars is long over with..

Where do you get the idea this repaints.. I suggest you get the Trading Simulator and run this indi thru it.. You will find it does not repaint the past CLOSED bars... Here are some pictures of this inid over period of 15 minutes or so.. I have placed vertical lines where the inid has detected a trend change.. YOU will note that the indi IS NOT changing the past bars as time moves on.. Also I took one of the COG inid's and ran it for a while and you will note that the PAST BARS change... This is whats called re-painting... IF your doing manual trading the re-painting issue DOES NOT MATTER.. But if your running an EA or creating an EA using an Indi then you want the past bars to stay where they were when they were origionally calculated.. Now the current bar (bar0) should ALWAYS change as the current price action is always changing.. If your complaing that bar ZERO is repainting then you are correct.. But what do want!!! The price action is always changing and bar zero should move as its being re-calculated every tick..

The problem here and other forums as well is some people dont know what the repainting issue is all about.. Again on most forums and with most code writers the repainting issue only applies to the PAST CLOSED bars.. You WANT the current bar to follow whatever the Bid/Ask is doing...

http://i44.tinypic.com/6ifc0p.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2pyc9py.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/ne7uy9.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/5d07bs.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/33wpspj.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/fu5oph.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2co28o9.jpg

Hacker,

I purchased this while ago and I know what I am talking about. I was trading it.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree because I don think you do know what you are talking about..

Go read the other threads on this board about TCCI/SaneFX and you will see others agree that this indi does not re-paint past bars...

I bought it a year ago myself and have been using it daily ever since.. I aint gonna argue with you or anyone else about this.. I have tested it over months of time and understand the code completly.. I have added several thing to the indi myself to make it fully automatic.. If you dont have it setup right for the time frame you are on then it doesnt perform to it best..

Anyway If you got something better then lets hear about it or drop the subject..

I have added several thing to the indi myself to make it fully automatic.. .

Hi Hacker,

I agree with u NonlagMA is not repaint.

May I know do u use any indicator for filtering the fake signal or early entry as I notice simply follow the method of the book will always suffers from huge drawdown especially in higher TF.

Cheers.

Rey

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing. Sharing is caring

Each time frame you use this on has different settings.. Here is a QUOTE from the author posted on another forum..

Originally Posted by John Campbell

"The TCCI settings for the 1/3/15/30 minute charts depend on the currency

pair and the conditions - a guide to the settings in given but you must

adjust it yourself until it looks correct. By correct, I mean that there are

no or very few times when the TCCI changes colour very often.

The whole point with SaneFX is that you learn to do it for yourself."

And yes there is a No-Lag v71 indi that will give you basically the same results on the chart.. BUT the code inside is entirly different.. The result on the chart is basically the same but the calculations are done different.. Its like most everything you can probably find several ways to get the same result.. Find the one that works for you...

I know that on other sites that Tcci/SaneFx are used a lot especially on 5m and 15m scalpers looking for 5 pip profits..

as one guys posted:

U can trade any time frame because TCCI indicator is adjustable, and that's the beauty of it.

I dont like cut and paste from other forums but this is one I cant pass up

I said it and i say it again SaneFX rules!

Coba amati gambar ini dengan seksama..

Non.LagMA Ver.71 vs SaneFX vs I2G(Separator windows)

TF = 30 minutte

Condition length 30

Colour Bar Back = 1 (all)

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2111/50682836.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3127/15803478.jpg

SaneFX mengatakan bahwa indicator itu adalah TCCI, saya pikir itu adalah suatu informasi yang salah dan menyesatkan..bahkan terkesan SCAM.... model yang dibuat oleh sebuah CCI tidaklah demikian.. walaupun diperhalus bagaimanapun.. (coba buka kembali rumus dasar MA vs CCI).. :))

Nah yang digambar itu adalah turunan dari semua Moving averages, dan pendapat pribadi saya yaitu :coding NonLagMa ver7.1 itu identik persis dengan TCCI nya SaneFx..

kalau memang itu adalah base coding dari TCCI nah pertanyaan saya adalah dimana TCCI itu mengambil time seriesnya untuk diplot dalam gambar.. didalam gambar itu dan bentuknya adalah data time series dari Moving averages..

Oke di gambar itu SaneFx positif adalah NonLagMa ver.7.1 dan dia tidak repaint sebelum close candle jika bar back disetting menjadi 0 (null) ... ingat sifat dasar MA, MACD, OsMA dll.. dia akan stay bila close candle... :)

TQ.

SEFC Mode= Red light ...(off) ..

"Indonesia Forex Community"