A New Dawn

MojoRisin

Hi everyone, I'm Tommy the new forum owner and I'd first like to apologise for any disruptions. There might be a bit of data lost from yesterday, too, as I had to restore files to the previous day as connection was lost completely.

We?re in the middle of updating the software as I?m sure you?re all well aware Indo is a bit dated. All being well we will be on a much newer platform very soon and with no more disruptions.

Also, going forward, I?d like suggestions for how we could make Indo better. Any suggestion is appreciated and will be considered, even if it might take time to implement.

Once again, sorry for any disruptions, and I look forward to your feedback.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggestion: See Entire Posts of Member in View Profile

Hi Tommy, thank you very much for upgrading the site. I already feel the improvement since i didn't see glitches by the banner ads above anymore.

One thing comes to my mind, i think it would be much convenient if we could see entire posts (not only recent posts) made by member when we open his/ her profile. I happen to unable to see old posts made by members who are no longer active in the forum. There might be some useful information that we can benefit from the old posts as well.

Thanks!

Just to let everyone know we will be updating the forum in the next 1-2 weeks. As I'm sure you're aware, Indo is old and dated, so once done we will be out of the digital stoneage and have a much better user experience.

I'm not sure how smooth it will go, but hopefully there won't be any disruptions. If there are please bear with us.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
@fireflyk let me know if my settings are different from yours. Can you filter new topics to 'off'? If you can, it should rearrange individually. See the screenshot.

Yes I turn it off and see posts instead now.

But it seems that it only shows the lastest ONE post from a topic.

is it possible to show several new posts even when they are in the same topic?

For example, I was expecting to see my post ( the one you just replied to) also in the Latest Activity tab.

@fireflyk let me know if my settings are different from yours. Can you filter new topics to 'off'? If you can, it should rearrange individually. See the screenshot.

Yes I turn it off and see posts instead now.

But it seems that it only shows the lastest ONE post from a topic.

is it possible to show several new posts even when they are in the same topic?

For example, I was expecting to see my post ( the one you just replied to) also in the Latest Activity tab.

Ok, leave it with me. I will look into everything. It might take time as it's all a new layout, but I will fix things eventually.

Hi Tommy, this site now looks pretty nice. We used to see who specifically have thanked each post, how many thanks received by each member, thus that defines the popularity of certain member. Can you make those appear again? Thank you :)

Yes, I'm aware of that issue. I'm working on it. Everything will be ironed out eventually.

Hi @MojoRisin , Thanks for upgrading the forum. As per the few discussions going on in this thread we have some minor but important issue to be ironed out.

I was wondering if we could have the option to use the older version of the forum while the specific issues are ironed out. If possible we can have https://old.indo-investasi.com or https://indo-investasi.com/old/ as one of the ways to access the site using the old version.

In order to push people to use the new version we can keep that as the default. Once we have things to our taste on the new version front we can inactivate the url for the old version.

Thanks for all the effort to upgrade and keep the show running in the best possible fashion.

Hi @MojoRisin , Thanks for upgrading the forum. As per the few discussions going on in this thread we have some minor but important issue to be ironed out.

I was wondering if we could have the option to use the older version of the forum while the specific issues are ironed out. If possible we can have https://old.indo-investasi.com or https://indo-investasi.com/old/ as one of the ways to access the site using the old version.

In order to push people to use the new version we can keep that as the default. Once we have things to our taste on the new version front we can inactivate the url for the old version.

Thanks for all the effort to upgrade and keep the show running in the best possible fashion.

Sorry, that's impossible as all data has been moved to the new software. Some things on the old version aren't compatible with this version, so maybe that's what the issue is with certain things. I'm getting around to them but it will just take a bit of time.

3 items

1 thanks button is missing and st_dee has good input

2 activity stream should come back wit bold unread threads

3 the forum does not work with platforms that are not javascript ? it does not load as previous version if you can please have it work with platforms that do not use javascript as they are faster and safer

Thanks

I now know what the 'Thanks' feature looks like, and have spoken with a vBulletin programmer, who says it's not a feature that has remained on this version, but replaced with the Likes. If you click on the Likes, you can see who has liked your post. I believe this is the same?

Anyway, as I'm not a programmer, he is going to work on it for me and will modify certain things. Please be patient, these forums aren't your typical WP websites and are far more technical. I can't promise everything will return, but I'm doing my best.

If there is anything, you recommend, comment here and I will add it to the list.

@MojoRisin Do you think tapatalk will work with the forum so viewing the forum from a mobile would be a easier ? I've not checked this here but tapatalk has a vBulletin support provided the plugin in installed on the forum server. If it's not integrated then it would be great to add the plugin as well. Thanks.

https://www.tapatalk.com/download_vBulletin

@MojoRisin Do you think tapatalk will work with the forum so viewing the forum from a mobile would be a easier ? I've not checked this here but tapatalk has a vBulletin support provided the plugin in installed on the forum server. If it's not integrated then it would be great to add the plugin as well. Thanks.

https://www.tapatalk.com/download_vBulletin

I've looked into this and it's really something I'd like to introduce because it's a third party plugin and anything entered on it can bypass our moderators.