Logical Trading

it would be good if you put some explanation with nt8 addons so that we will learn the usage of addons.

and whenever possible, please make suggestions on training materials. VG, logicgate, admire your mastery of the technique and thanks for sharing of your insights! Please help us to get speed to follow your steps!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be good if you put some explanation with nt8 addons so that we will learn the usage of addons.

personally i dont use NT8 much ... i only use that Mboxwave indicator ,... u can visit their website and learn (author have written good instructions) or watch his youtube videos....

for Order flow type indicators , learn from mike voltas (available in indo , search for it )

for Market Profile/Volume Profile indicator , learn from James/Jim Dalton (his book is better than videos btw)

for any trading system based indicator , learn from their author

and whenever possible, please make suggestions on training materials. VG, logicgate, admire your mastery of the technique and thanks for sharing of your insights! Please help us to get speed to follow your steps!

depends on how u want to approach market... even if u master simple candlesticks breakout and confirm it with ossciliator , say there is triangle breakout and rsi above 50 , adx about 25, then buy it at 20ma pullback and ride the trend , simple !

easier said then done ! , you need practise thats all :)

I have created one for myself.. here it is

https://www74.zippyshare.com/v/9kJn61S3/file.html. This is weis wave volume .

https://www20.zippyshare.com/v/u4idtOz0/file.html

This is Weis Wave Zig Zag Panel

P.s file extension is .pine ( I have created it in MS Visual studio code) , open it with notepad if you don't have VS installed

Thank you very much your contribution will always be appreciated.

Thanks Again

@VON KRIKER

I would not recommend Jim Dalton for market profile. If you watch enough of his stuff, you can see he is not a good trader (and never has been). In fact he lost a lot of money and almost even went bankrupt one time. He is just one guy who jumped into the market profile "train" back then, and made a lot of money selling courses. He is the one responsible for making people think of market profile as a magical tool, but all the stuff he teaches never worked.

If you wanna learn market profile stick with his creator Peter Steidlmeyer, and the guy who ditched all the fluff created by Dalton and kept only the usable bits of market profile: Tom Alexander. His material is the best stuff on market profile you will find out there, I highly recommend:

https://we.tl/t-0s6Yvt5axA

To keep the analysis going on BTC:

So far no signs of sellers. Market is still holding above the high volume bar that pushed the market higher. It created an up sloping range that MIGHT be re-accumulation. For the "Wyckoff Phases" guy out there, I see the preliminary supply (PSY), then the next labels must be AR (automatic reaction) and BC (buying climax - even though there is no buying climax there, this is just for the sake of the phases annotation). This concludes PHASE A which is where the market stops and go sideways. We are now in PHASE B which is building cause for the next move. One clue that this might be re-accumulation is that the price action of PHASE B is mostly contained in the upper half of the range, that means strength. (the purple lines range that I drew)

The market is making higher local support levels there, subtle hint of strength. Most high volume bars there are buying. What we would like to see now to end phase B and we start PHASE C is a spring, so far the last thing on the range was a shakeout that you might look at it as a spring of a local level of support, but no serious signs of strength yet, price is just drifting up after the shakeout (which is normal, by the way). If it was a successful shakeout, the market should not go down again there to retest it. If market keeps going up we could label that last shakeout as start of PHASE C.

The market still needs to break at least 3 or 4 levels of support, with some obvious supply coming in, for me to at least consider the market being weak. To me it is still in an uptrend and strong.

Untitled.thumb.png.f83101f5ca5a000c0b629107f61401bc.png

I do not think it is re accumulation until your phase B previous it is still rising

the second and third shakeout may be more correct but last ST may be a Reverse Upthrust

Regards to Market Profile Dalton fields of vision was good but I have not seen Alexander so thank you

So far no signs of sellers. Market is still holding above the high volume bar that pushed the market higher. It created an up sloping range that MIGHT be re-accumulation. For the "Wyckoff Phases" guy out there, I see the preliminary supply (PSY), then the next labels must be AR (automatic reaction) and BC (buying climax - even though there is no buying climax there, this is just for the sake of the phases annotation). This concludes PHASE A which is where the market stops and go sideways. We are now in PHASE B which is building cause for the next move. One clue that this might be re-accumulation is that the price action of PHASE B is mostly contained in the upper half of the range, that means strength. (the purple lines range that I drew)

The market is making higher local support levels there, subtle hint of strength. Most high volume bars there are buying. What we would like to see now to end phase B and we start PHASE C is a spring, so far the last thing on the range was a shakeout that you might look at it as a spring of a local level of support, but no serious signs of strength yet, price is just drifting up after the shakeout (which is normal, by the way). If it was a successful shakeout, the market should not go down again there to retest it. If market keeps going up we could label that last shakeout as start of PHASE C.

The market still needs to break at least 3 or 4 levels of support, with some obvious supply coming in, for me to at least consider the market being weak. To me it is still in an uptrend and strong.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469[/ATTACH]

I do not think it is re accumulation until your phase B previous it is still rising

the second and third shakeout may be more correct but last ST may be a Reverse Upthrust

Regards to Market Profile Dalton fields of vision was good but I have not seen Alexander so thank you

It is either re-accumulation or distribution. To be distribution it needs serious weakness in the background, which is lacking. So far the only thing I see is demand overcoming supply, strength. So, to me, so far market looks like it is re-accumulating building cause to keep moving higher.

Also, there is no such thing as "reverse upthrust", an inverted upthrust is a spring. The last shakeout can be technically viewed as a spring, there was not a strong response to it but the market kept creeping higher the whole day, now it reached a resistance where price met supply every time it touched it, but so far no supply. (and even though it met supply at this level, the result wasn´t great)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469[/ATTACH]

Hi logigate can you share color theme of chart and how to keep chart color and toll bar color same.

Any advice in this regards would be appreciated

BTC still strong. I just noticed a very nice example of the fractal nature of the markets. We have a Wyckoff schematic inside a Wyckoff schematic. And the smaller schematic also looks like re-accumulation (you can see that price in PHASE B was mostly on the upper half of the range), which reinforces the analysis of strength:

Untitled.thumb.png.60f663d3935ebf8e7b89eb9684b6f725.png

hi logicgate,

may i ask why you analyze the future and not the spot market ? imho future lacks vital information ...

I don´t know what vital information you are talking about, to me it is the same thing... Futures you have the real volume, though, easier to read. When I trade spot forex, CFDs I use the futures volume on the spot chart.