PnF (Point and Figure) Chart Generator For MT5 With Real Volumes

logicgate

Hi there folks.

I posted a freelance job request at metaquotes community for a PnF chart generator that will have real futures volumes data for each column (total and delta). Volume is provided by clusterdelta (a suite of indicators that add real volume in metatrader, so in order to be able to use this indicator, you gotta have a clusterdelta subscription).

I have one programmer interested there and he agreed to do it for US$100. I am having this done for me, but if anyone else have interest and wanna share the costs, I won´t complain hehe.

Here is a copy of my freelance request there:

"What I want is a PnF (Point and Figure) chart generator that will create an offline chart that will update at every second.

I will provide a code that you can reference when "converting" the indicator, the code contains all the info you need to create a PnF chart properly, with the right parameters and settings. (attached to this post)

The code originally creates PnF chart in a subwindow. It is a good indicator, the "problem" with it is that it doesn´t have the date info on the bottom of the chart, and you can´t add indicators to it (not that I want to add lots of indicators, but I wanted to see the volume per column) Also, the original indicator will plot nice columns with X and O. This won´t be possible when creating an offline chart with PnF as a main chart because metatrader does not have the characters for it, so it will use bars or candles for the PnF chart.

If you did everything correct, it should end up looking like this:

https://www.mql5.com/pt/market/product/61169?source=Site+Profile+Seller

The volume data for the indicator will be provided by clusterdelta, which will provide real futures volumes. So the PnF generator will have to reference the data of the volume indicators to make the summation of the volume per column. This is a very nice and cheap solution to have real volume data in metatrader.

You can check here how to do it:

http://forum.clusterdelta.com/showthread.php/9809

http://forum.clusterdelta.com/showthread.php/9715

Those are the options that I want In indicator properties:

-Box Size

-Box Reversal

-Calculation Mode (Highs and Lows or Close)

-Draw Candle Wicks - Yes or No

-Date Interval (to create the chart, for example from 01/01/2020 - 06/02/2021)

-Display Volume (Total, Delta or both) ** if set to "both" I would like to see volume and delta in their own subwindows, which will load automatically when the indicator launch the offline chart.

-Basis Timeframe (the precision of the PnF chart will increase or decrease according to the timeframe used to build it, being the 1min more precise and used for intraday, and 1hour or higher used for longer timeframe charts, of course you could use 1min to build longer term charts, so this option here is just to make it more customizable)"

sounds interesting, but why not to use sierra for that? they have PnF and thats without additional cost.

how much it costs to have real vol on MT5? (didnt find a price for that in the link you provided)

Yes I use it in Sierra, I just wanted everything in the same platform so I don´t need to have ALWAYS two or three softwares opened at the same time.

Here is the page with the subscription plans:

http://my.clusterdelta.com/shop

And just for the sake of updating the OP, the programmer who was gonna do it started ghosting me, I think he gave up and did not even had the decency to say it.

I raised the budget to US$150 but so far no one interested. There was a guy asking US$500 to do it, but that is too much.