[REQ] Metastock 12

ppcguy

Hermanhess...no idea regarding AdvancedGet as I don't use it myself. Not even tested it. I am very happy with Metastock and my indicators. One glance at my setup and I know whats happenning to the market or that particular stock.

Regarding reliability. Yes...feed is very reliable!!!! In my usage since last 7 months, I have had only one downtime for a few hours. As for data reliability, I am sure that the tick will be off by a second or two, but it does not really matter to me as I am not into Hyper trading!! :) I look at this way... as long as my chart tick data and my trading terminal are matching, I am fine as my targets and SL's are fixed. Any change in market situation I come to know thru the chart and adjust my trades accordingly.

Hope this helps you. :)

Btw....coming back to the OP q's. Does anyone have MS12 yet or no?????????

• 1 month later...
This is from Wikipedia "MetaStock 12 cannot read MetaStock file format files. It can only use the proprietary Thomson Reuters feeds (DataLink for end-of-day daily data and Xenith for real-time intrady data). Starting from MetaStock 12 there are only two versions: Metastock EOD and MetaStock Pro." There is no file conversion of any type starting with version 12. They have gone the way of Tradestation with paid datafeeds only; therefore, version 11 is the last of the multiple datafeed Mohicans for Metastock.

• 1 month later...

Hi Hermanhess;

Yes, is possible send real time data to Advanced Get RT. This software was done to work with Omega 2000i. The connection is:

MT4 > Metaserver > Globalserver > Advanced Get RT (Omega2000i version)

eSignal > Advanced Get RT (eSignal version)

For complete your chart before to connect real time; export data in ASCII or .csv, or any format that work with Globalserver (look the toolbar), and import into Globalserver, next open Advanced Get and then you can see the chart of all historical data in Adv.Get RT, next connect real time.

With MT4:

MT4 > Tools > Options > Server page > Enable DDE (check box).......Now MT4 is able to send real time data to Metaserver.

Of course, also you can see a chart in Omega 2000i.

Edited by FX_SuperTrader

Read carefully.

This is from Wikipedia "MetaStock 12 cannot read MetaStock file format files. It can only use the proprietary Thomson Reuters feeds (DataLink for end-of-day daily data and Xenith for real-time intrady data). Starting from MetaStock 12 there are only two versions: Metastock EOD and MetaStock Pro." There is no file conversion of any type starting with version 12. They have gone the way of Tradestation with PAID DATAFEEDS ONLY; therefore, version 11 is the last of the multiple datafeed Mohicans for Metastock.

How are you going to educate MS12?

It doesnt work with locally stored data and it doesnt provide a data conversion utility.

FXWallabie.... MS12 is not locked per se. It is "open". So there is no cracking involved. But what are you gonna do with a program that does not have the functionality in it to handle external data feeds or MS11 charts??? You might as well create your own version of a charting software if you got the skill to add all those functionalities to MS12.

For most of the users... MS11 is the last version that we will get unless there is a change of the business model from Equis and MS13 is released with a provision to handle external feeds as well as read older versions of the charts. Till then.... just dont waste your time on MS12.

:)