Multicharts

FFRT

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to complete step #3, its telling me that I need to get permission from administrator, how do I log in as administrator or is there another way to save this file to this folder

If you're using Windows 7, you can turn this off and it doesn't cause any problems. Then repeat step #3.

Start Menu > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings

Move the vertical slider all the way down to Never notify.

Edited by Bill Bundle

If you're using Windows 7, you can turn this off and it doesn't cause any problems. Then repeat step #3.

Thanks, I using windows 7 and I am already logged in as Administrator but I am still not able to save to this folder, the message appears that I ned to get permission from the administrator, any other suggestion would be appreciated

yes I followed the instructions and and open hosts file in note pad, than I pasted in the text file and select save, that is when I receive the message that I need to get permission from the administrator. I have already lowered the settings to do not notify me, but I am still not able to save it, instead its directing me to save it to my documents folder. So I am wondering if this needs to be saved in my documents and not in the hosts folder

Hi Grain Trader;

1) You open hosts file, and write IP´s, then save file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (this directory is for XP Win32). Not save in MyDocuments.

2) If not allow to save it, try this: Open "etc" folder and extract hosts file to MyDocuments (for example), here, open "hosts" file, write IP´s and save in MyDocuments for the moment; next copy and paste hosts file again in etc folder. Else try extract etc folder, and modify hosts file, next again introduce etc folder in drivers folder (previously remember making a copy of originals).

3) Your problem with Administrator permission is simple. Any PC technician friend know this problem, and help you.

Hi Grain Trader;

1) You open hosts file, and write IP´s, then save file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (this directory is for XP Win32). Not save in MyDocuments.

2) If not allow to save it, try this: Open "etc" folder and extract hosts file to MyDocuments (for example), here, open "hosts" file, write IP´s and save in MyDocuments for the moment; next copy and paste hosts file again in etc folder. Else try extract etc folder, and modify hosts file, next again introduce etc folder in drivers folder (previously remember making a copy of originals).

3) Your problem with Administrator permission is simple. Any PC technician friend know this problem, and help you.

not having much luck, followed all the instructions, but now it loads as evaluation copy, previously loaded okay , still having some issues

Thanks guys, I am happy to report that because of your dedicated efforts and help, I have finally solved 99% of my issues, hellboy, FX, Nyop, Bill and of course luixpg, I wish to thank you all again, it was quite a learning experience and its a pleasure to be surrounded by great minds

Nice to know that, finally you made it.Now start making money.hehe.

How to load Historical EOD files ?

By ASCII or anyother method, I was not able to do it, even Freequotes throws up error, please help me, any one [-O<

hi hellboy, Its my turn to help you. I have not done this procedure yet but the basic steps are as follows

1.File

2 .New

3.select Quote manager

4.select import data

5.navigate to the folder where the data is located

as long as the data is compatible, then it should load

hi hellboy, Its my turn to help you. I have not done this procedure yet but the basic steps are as follows

1.File

2 .New

3.select Quote manager

4.select import data

5.navigate to the folder where the data is located

as long as the data is compatible, then it should load

Free quotes n/w :(

ASCII import is a long and cumbersome process.