Multicharts

FFRT

Free quotes n/w :(

ASCII import is a long and cumbersome process.

Hi hellboy;

Look at this: http://www.multicharts.com/multicharts/help/videos/

In this web page, below is Yahoo Free quotes (Only EOD) video help, but first you must configure symbols in Quotemanager.

How configure? In this video you can see the configuration. Also you can see others configurations of datafeeds and brokers.

Any problem, tell me.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to everybody,

I installed the new mc8.0 but when i try to import the .pla file created with the export studies function in MC6 with all my studies, studies that work well in MC6 and that are open, i receve the message "the archive is empty.Couldn't find any studies to import".The only way to import the studies in MC8 that is working is to copy all lines of the studie's code create a new indicator in MC8 and paste in the code, but it takes too long doing this for all indicators,signials and function.Anybody had the same problem importing the studies?how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance to anybody will help me.

Edited by dukati

@dukati.. it works perfectly fine no issues, but I do remember that thing happened to me when I installed Multicharts.net 8, there is some problem with integration, I think in new release of 8.1 version they mention that there was a problem with integrating data from Multicharts version 6.

solution - Go to Multicharts old version for last time export all PLA files, uninstall old version completely also uninstall new version of Multicharts, restart your computer and install new version of Multicharts and now import PLA files from power language editor, it should work.

PS make sure you also export data from old version as well since data from old version is not compatible you need to import it from quote manager.

Free quotes n/w :(

ASCII import is a long and cumbersome process.

I am facing the same issue, and my data is very huge giving me frequent tantrums while importing it manually :p in new release of Multicharts.net 8.1 beta they said that they fixed the issue of data integration with old version( version 6 ) I'm thinking about installing that version and see if data from Multicharts 6 (regular) works with new version or not if so then I will copy data file from c/programdata/TSsupport/datafiles

then we'll see if Multicharts 8 regular incorporate that data or not..Right now markets are going to open so I have to wait for 6 hours meanwhile if someone did that please let us know the feedback.

Hi to everybody,

I installed the new mc8.0 but when i try to import the .pla file created with the export studies function in MC6 with all my studies, studies that work well in MC6 and that are open, i receve the message "the archive is empty.Couldn't find any studies to import".The only way to import the studies in MC8 that is working is to copy all lines of the studie's code create a new indicator in MC8 and paste in the code, but it takes too long doing this for all indicators,signials and function.Anybody had the same problem importing the studies?how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance to anybody will help me.

Hi dukati;

I haven´t this problem, but... you wish import .PLA files into MCH 8. NET ?? Because this is not possible.

If you wish import .PLA files into MCH8 Easylenguage version, open PowerLenguage, go to the toolbar above, and select:

Files > Import > Open Window and search yours files in your PC > select .PLA or .ELA/.ELS/.ELD files and previously remember select what type of file you import (look in this window below) > Open file > and then Open Window Import Studies > Check box below at left "Compile on Import" > click OK.

If this does not work, the problem is other. Is important if you uninstall MCH6 (or other version) not uninstall Indicators and Strategies and then next, install MCH8 in the same folder than MCH6, then MCH8 compile all Indicators and Strategies (olds and new) during installation.

Hi hellboy;

Look at this: http://www.multicharts.com/multicharts/help/videos/

In this web page, below is Yahoo Free quotes (Only EOD) video help, but first you must configure symbols in Quotemanager.

How configure? In this video you can see the configuration. Also you can see others configurations of datafeeds and brokers.

Any problem, tell me.

Muchas Gracias FX_SuperTrader, for your kind help, kudos , but I had seen that a few times and tried to configure exactly as it says, but in vain.After exhausting all options only I had posted. I dunno where I am missing something, The quotemanager says that its not supported.By the way do I have to do it in offline mode?>:D<

@Graintrader, please don't tell me that I am a genius, its a reserved adjective to used elsewhere.hehe, just plain jane.kudos to you also for your kind support.

regards to all.

Hello there

I am facing this problem while compiling, any solutions.

This is the output from my error log file.

C:\PROGRA~1\TSSUPP~1\MULTIC~1\make\MinGW64\bin\dlltool: Path components stripped from dllname, 'C:\PROGRA~3\TSSUPP~1\MULTIC~1\STUDYS~1\Studies\SrcCpp\INDICA~1\I_KPVM~1.dll'.

C:\PROGRA~1\TSSUPP~1\MULTIC~1\make\MinGW64\bin\dlltool: Path components stripped from dllname, 'C:\PROGRA~3\TSSUPP~1\MULTIC~1\STUDYS~1\Studies\SrcCpp\INDICA~1\I_KPVM~1.dll'.

Muchas Gracias FX_SuperTrader, for your kind help, kudos , but I had seen that a few times and tried to configure exactly as it says, but in vain.After exhausting all options only I had posted. I dunno where I am missing something, The quotemanager says that its not supported.By the way do I have to do it in offline mode?>:D<]

Hi hellboy;

In Quotemanager, when you connect FreeQuotes, say "Not supported" (always) but work.

-First configure all Symbols in Quotemanager and select FreeQuotes datafeed (download EOD data from Yahoofinance)

-Next go to MCH8 > Files > New > Workspace > on Workspace click right button > select new Chart Window > then open a window > in this window, in "Instrument" page select first the datafeed (above) "Free Quotes" and next select your Stock or Indice configured in Quotemanager previously > next select "Settings" page and set Date > close window, then Plot your chart.(but wait moment for download a data).

If you configure Workspaces and charts with yours symbols the first time, and save workspaces in a folder, next only open your Workspace and download data from Yahoofinance. You work the first time, next work MCH8.

Edited by FX_SuperTrader

Muchas Gracias FX_SuperTrader, for your kind help, kudos , but I had seen that a few times and tried to configure exactly as it says, but in vain.After exhausting all options only I had posted. I dunno where I am missing something, The quotemanager says that its not supported.By the way do I have to do it in offline mode?>:D<]

Hi hellboy;

In Quotemanager, when you connect FreeQuotes, say "Not supported" (always) but work.

-First configure all Symbols in Quotemanager and select FreeQuotes datafeed (download EOD data from Yahoofinance)

-Next go to MCH8 > Files > New > Workspace > on Workspace click right button > select new Chart Window > then open a window > in this window, in "Instrument" page select first the datafeed (above) "Free Quotes" and next select your Stock or Indice configured in Quotemanager previously > next select "Settings" page and set Date > close window, then Plot your chart.(but wait moment for download a data).

If you configure Workspaces and charts with yours symbols the first time, and save workspaces in a folder, next only open your Workspace and download data from Yahoofinance. You work the first time, next work MCH8.

Tried as per your words, although I had already tried earlier in the same method as you have detailed.But no fate :((

in the chart window it says no data.No clue what is happening.Any help.regards.

something is amiss here, path issue, but doesn't matter, all indicators and functions are working well, it can be solved via registry editing, but I don't want to take chances.Thanks to all.

Hi hellboy;

I don´t know. I would try uninstall MCH8, and clean with CCleaner, Windows Doctor, or other soft; and next reinstall MCH8. Because for this problem, you can not plot FreeQuotes (not online) and no compile studies.

Do you install 32 bits or 64 bits version??

Edited by FX_SuperTrader

Hi hellboy;

I don´t know. I would try uninstall MCH8, and clean with CCleaner, Windows Doctor, or other soft; and next reinstall MCH8. Because for this problem, you can not plot FreeQuotes (not online) and no compile studies.

Do you install 32 bits or 64 bits version??

Thanks for your input, I dunno but somehow compilation is there, but Free Quotes not working.May be its time for a reformatting of HDD with a fresh copy of Win7 ( 64 bit )

I am using 64 bit though.Has it anything to do with the firewall settings and hosts file as detailed by the uploader.>:D<