Can I start trading with as little as 25 dollars?

yes you can start trading as low as 25 dollars, some brokers such as hotforex offer a 5 dollar deposit which is really ment to test the water and the live environment, but if i were you for good trading and good results, start with 150-200 on a micro account and micro lots to get a steady hang on the live trading, just be sure not to invest money you cant afford to loose? :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean profitable traders which are trading huge money. One of those brokers offered trading without costs (zero spread, commission) so we started to trade like HFT. Ofter one week they canceled all of our accounts because we made huge profit and our profit = their loss!! CEO called as several times asking about the system..

look at this topic, he cashed $ 40 and get a $ 10,000 profit in 1 month...

http://indo.mt5.com/showthread.php?32040-Tantangan-40-jadi-10.000-dalam-sebulan-(lengkap-screenshot-per-hari-rek-bank)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You definitely can start with that amount with and grow it with a good trading strategy. Platforms like Profiforex allows traders t start trading with as low as $1 with a 10% bonus.

Of course you can, even you can use it with big leverage and open large positions but for a very short period of time - maybe 2-3 pips only :D. If you guess a trend then you can earn good money. Just estimate the risk and jump into trade how I did that with Hotforex!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Gone are the days when you need to have over $10,000 to start forex trading; though large capital base helps you especially when your trade is going against you to avoid a margin call from your broker, many brokers now allow you to start a live trading account with much less than $25; Profiforex an ECN broker allows for as low as $1 with their micro account from which you can trade with few cents.

• 2 weeks later...
though it is advisable to stat trading with just $25, it is possible to start trading with such amount; to me the most important thing in forex trading is to have a good trading system that has a winning ratio of up to 75%. This way, a $25 deposit coupled with the bonus you get from your broker for instance Profiforex that offers 10%; with which you can make your trades in cents and hopefully you can double your capital in a short time.

of course you can but with such a small deposit your potential earnings will be reduced to minimum. The reasonable lot size for margins less than 100$ is 0.01 lot. But in my case when deposit at Hotforex exceeds 1K$ I can confidently use 1:500 leverage but only for short-term trades..

Your trading habit is good but the recent stir of forex market can suddenly close your account, even negative balance.

• 2 weeks later...
Your trading habit is good but the recent stir of forex market can suddenly close your account, even negative balance.

Well we can't do anything about market volatility just to try to limit our risk by using money management and hedging techniques. However sometimes it's reasonable to take appropriate risk If amount of potential profit is worth it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well, there are many brokers that allow traders to join with a small investment of $5 only. So, in this case $25 is a good amount for kickstart your career with a reliable broker. By the way, don't forget to follow a strong money management system to secure your tradings. Edited by Samuel Attah

In the past, I have traded several micro-accounts with with initial deposit varies from $10-50$ and they are not enough to keep positions from margin call.

Here is my demo performance after several days, I am still learning and hope can improve more. Regarding broker, I am trading with Vinson Financials.

http://i61.tinypic.com/mju2vs.png