Can I start trading with as little as 25 dollars?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smaller the account size; the higher the risk of blowing an account. Smaller accounts are great for learning though.

Hi Vijidas

I have to disagree with your statement "the smaller the account size, the higher the risk of blowing an account"....give a trader with a proven strategy and money management approach an account of $1M or $10K and I would say the risk of blowing the account are the same. After all, it is not the "account size" that determines whether an account gets blown up, but rather, how the trader manages his/her risk while trading.

Just my 2 cents :-)

T99

• 4 weeks later...
Of course, we can start trading with $25. Keep discipline when trading,wise when choosing leverage, it can help us to survive in forex with this balance, so we don't need to make deposit again. May be, if you wanna trade with balance is bigger than it, you can use forum which give bonus for posting, like indo.mt5 from InstaForex or the other.

Guest ankurkanoria
If you know anything about money management, you will know that minimizing risk of ruin requires a small percentage (say 2%) of capital be risked with each trade. How can you trade risking 25 cents? Even for learning purposes, you'd be stopped out before you start learning!

You can trading with 25$, just choose micro lot on your broker. I recommend you to practice first with a demo trading account before you trade your 25$. So you will be more ready for trade it.

Yeah, we have to practice in demo trading first before we trade in real account, so when trading with $25 we can get maximum profit and we don't need to make deposit again because we get big loss and margin call.

guys if the question is can you trade with 25$? yes you can but the chances of succeeding is really small, its a good amount to try out live trading for any broker, but I suggest for starters go with 150-200 ang keep the lots really small, yeah you will earn cents with good trading but thats a practice you have to go through, to earn really decent of course bigger investments is needed :)

Hi,

I have practiced with a 20-dollar (15euro) account. the first one I blew up.

my second 20-dollar account is still alive after 116 (3-month) trades and $6.16 dealing charges. the first part of the exercise was to start to learn to loose small every time (1 micro contract --- average loss 0.70 dollar).

for me the hole exercise has been worthwhile especially the loosing part,

will carry on till the end of the month then move to a proper funded account.

best wishes

http://i46.tinypic.com/25evddu.png

Edited by propolis

guys if the question is can you trade with 25$? yes you can but the chances of succeeding is really small, its a good amount to try out live trading for any broker, but I suggest for starters go with 150-200 ang keep the lots really small, yeah you will earn cents with good trading but thats a practice you have to go through, to earn really decent of course bigger investments is needed :)

150-200 is big amount for me, that's why i just use bonus post that i get from forum. It's very helpful for me to start trading with big amount without having deposit first.