Pip Accumulator EA

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who's TRAILING STOP is not working in this EA, please follow my instructions above and you'll get exactly what you need to get that working.

I already pointed out why the trailing stop is not working correctly, but am still awaiting the moderator's approval to start posting.

I hope there are any moderators at all on this forum. [-O<

The EA concept is excellent only it needs professional programmer to clear the bugs off. After that it will be one of the best, at least the quality of MegaDroids.

Somebody should put here the most advanced settings. The more people test it the better.

I think because of the turmoil between USA and Europe the EURUSD is in present the most unpredictable pair!

Thanks Hermes

Edited by hermes

By the way, the EA has made a fabulous start on my demo account so I'll be eager to test several more different settings. For anyone who's TRAILING STOP is not working in this EA, please follow my instructions above and you'll get exactly what you need to get that working.

you use the ea default settings on your myfxbook account?

Hello Everyone,

Very good observations of Hermes, (though not agree with the comparison made with the Megadroid) I think this EA has greater potential.

Welcoming the contribution of Acostafulano (Diego)

This week was very busy and I could not do testing,

I had several pairs in TF-15m

I can only make the observation this week, EA usually wins London time, and lost in the Asian zone,

Therefore the result of the week is neutral

a greeting

I am using the default settings or what they "would be" if the TrSl was working properly. that is

A SL based on the last swing high/low

A trailing stop of 20 that starts at 22 pips (at this point I set a breakeven profit so the trade can't end up in a loss). In order to achieve this effect I disable all TP/TrSL inputs from the EA (set them to false/0) and let MPTM handle this issue. If somebody can explain to me how to attach files in this forum I can upload the setfiles I'm using for both the EA and the MPTM

Scorpion do you have a myfxbook account, or if not, would it be possible for you to set one up?

I strongly believe that everyone who is committed to improving this robot (which I think has great potential) should set up a myfxbook account and open it for viewing stating the settings being used. that way, all of us who are trying to achieve good results can feedback from each others' demos and work more efficiently towards the goal of tweaking this robot to "holy grail-ish" state.

The idea of this is to draw conclusions from each others experience and not try to reinvent the wheel every time someone sets up a demo of this EA

I changed the Prob levels to 30/-30 to make more secure the entries. You can change the Start/End Hours 0-23 eg. to 3:00 - 16:00 EST. I would let Mondays and Fridays out. I recommend not to trade over night if EA is not already in trade because of the SL hunting. Read economical calender before letting EA trade (check box live trading if OK).

If right click on chart and then Expert Adviser Properties, nothing comes! There are too many bugs for even testing the EA. It does not respects many MT4 commands. It is like ship without steering.

Hermes

Edited by hermes

Great work soundfx, hermes and other contributing team.

Sorry I'm a newby in this post, the EA did'nt open trade on my platform, perharps there is someting I'am not doing right. I'm using Instatrader platform. Please help.

Thanks

Gbenga

Dbenga it works on instatrader.i have checked it already successfully with that one!

one time buy trade and one time sell trade max per day idea

I agree with hermes about setting up the trading hours.

Also there is one thing i like to bring up during my testing:

If we are using trailing stops, we need to be able to set EA to place only maximum 1 time trade per day so that when trailing got hit, it will not place another trade again until the following day (if we can set one time buy trade and one time sell trade max per day will be even better). I found out when trailing stop closed out the trade, it places another trade again which looses its purpose of trailing. Otherwise, we should not trail stops and use the setting in the EA "Close Prob 0 = true" so that the order will only close when Prob = 0. However, i like the trailing idea better.

Regards.

hermes,

I put it on "ask manual confirmation" because I didn't want that EA opens immediately another losing buy trade what many stubborn EAs do. This morning I saw a box asking to confirm a buy order, I didn't like it and closed the box with X. The box acted like a virus and didn't accepted the command. To get rid of the box I had to open a buy trade which went immediately in high minus!

It makes many successful trades on demo but I would be afraid to put it on live micro account because of the unpredictable bugs.

It was never my intention to provide a perfectly functioning EA which you could put onto live account as soon as it showed any profits in demo lol.

My primary interest is in manual trading and I created the EA as a starting point for anyone interested in adding to the foundations and making something really good - which I still believe is possible. Obviously with anything worthwhile creating there will be a cycle of testing/fixing/improving which will go on several times, unfortunately it's not something I can spare the time for right now.

Here are a few of the things I have listed as the next development phase:

1) Fix the trailing stops problems.

2) Add back the MACD arrow for flexibility of entry signals.

3) Add an option to move stop to breakeven (or breakeven+x pips).

4) Fix the problem where the EA places trades immediately when it's placed on a chart.

5) Fix the problem where the EA places another trade immediately after being taken out with a trailing stop.

6) Add an option to base the stop on ATR(14)*2 just out of curiosity.

The problem that you saw with the manual confirmation window popping up all the time is just a parameter setting.

If you're always going to manually confirm trades, then set parameter OrderTriesNumber to 0.

I understand soundfx your concern and I am very thankful for all you did for that EA development but I think when we have finally something precious in the hands why let it go?

The basic of the EA is excellent idea which doesn't come every year, now we have to refurbish it, that's all.

We could even make a donation pool and hire a professional programer who could for a little money perfected the EA's bugs.

I believe that the EA would pay back what we put in it.

I wish that I could be a programmer and fix the problems but it is opposite direction from my professional thinking.

I prefer also manual trading but sometimes there is no time to squeeze it between the job and other hobbies.

Hermes

Edited by hermes

Hi Hermes,

The basic of the EA is excellent idea which doesn't come every year, now we have to refurbish it, that's all.

Consistently profitable EAs are notoriously difficult to code and I think we may need more than what we currently have to make this a really great system.

The obvious thing for us to do with the EA is to look back at the manual trading and how that can be consistently successful. Psaini has done a great job on the manual trading thread in documenting all his trades and the reasoning for them.

He tends to trade in the direction of the MACD cross arrow when probability is >20 or <-20 and when other conditions line up. It's these other conditions which are currently missing from the EA. It may be possible to get the EA to work quite well with the right combination of trailing stops etc., though to avoid large drawdowns and get some sort of consistent profitability, I think we need to enhance the main entry logic further and not just spend all our time tweaking exits.

It's possible for us to only take trades for example when we have an arrow and probability and when we've broken a swing high for example. Swing highs and lows can be easily determined from the zigzag indicator. Also we could consider using pivots too. For example, if price breaks R1 though comes back down through R1 and we get a sell arrow and probability then this is likely to be a good reversal trade. If price breaks through R1 and has closed above it and is still above it and we have a buy arrow and probability then equally this should be a high probability trend continuation trade.

Rather than hiring a professional programmer, ideally we need an EA expert from II who has the time to spend working mainly on this EA to perfect it. Because of this continual cyclic development process which is required, just fixing existing bugs may not get us very far.

My first impression of this EA is that it definitely has potential and "some" people will most likely be able to work out a very effective set file due to all of the wonderful adjustable parameters.

Look :?:... the fact is, is that you don't want to put a piece of "half completed garbage" to handle your money because all EAs are garbage until they're completed properly. I'm also considering the nature of this forum and what I'm suggesting (not necessarily for my self) but for the considerate people here is that soundfx or someone capable use or set up a "paypal" account so the people who are serious about getting a "profesionally" made "expert advisor" will be willing to contribute some $ to get the job done because let's face it... this forum is plagued with people who are just waiting on the outskirts to get "somethin' for nothin" and can't even press a "thank you" button... "stuff that" for a joke.

From what I can see just from back-testing is that it needs...

-a proper time filter that can work from 9-5 GMT say and not the standard faulty 0-23 that doesn't considers the brokers change of day crossover. A lot of time filters will work on BT but fail on a real account situation due to the brokers change of day crossover.

-an FFCAL news filter. I've got a custom FFCAL Indicator for EAs that never, ever fails to read the news. This at least gives the option of avoiding the news...

Then through PM's or e-mails everyone that contributes WILL end up with a "real money account" ready Expert Advisor that you can trust.

Sounds fair to me as the there will be a process of fair exchange which leaves everyone happy :)

Sound FX and tomislav,

I'd be willing to contribute to the development of Pip Accumulator. Yes, EA has potential and if enough people can come together we can make it quite successful.

Regards,

rozario173

Hi tomislav,

I personally would be happy to continue with developing the EA though I've too many other projects on the go at the moment to give it the attention it deserves. Cash doesn't mattter to me it's free time which is the problem.

Good idea on using FFCAL BTW, far too few EA's use this effective filter and suffer because of it. One thing to be aware of is that on the FF calendar for some perverse reason, Bernanke's speeches and speeches by others who seem to have the power to move the markets more than NFP at times, are still not flagged as "Red" and important on the FF calendar.

As for the "hangers-on", that's the problem with public threads and we can't avoid them - so should forget about them. The intention of this thread was to allow everyone to participate and work together to develop something special. My view is to see if interested coders help out soon and continue to keep everything public, because I believe that way the majority will benefit and we'll end up with a better system because we have contributions from everyone rather than a select secret group.

The whole ethos of this form has always been "share as much as you can". If we move towards secret groups with "fair exchange" of cash for trading skills/results then it makes us no better than FF with their spin off Jim group or whatever it's called lol.

If any of you know guys who can code in MQL then ask them to check out this thread. It's easy to totally miss even very well established threads and that way we may find someone who can take up the reins on the programming side.

I'll continue to offer whatever advice I can to ensure we're on the right track :)

Hi tomislav,

I personally would be happy to continue with developing the EA though I've too many other projects on the go at the moment to give it the attention it deserves. Cash doesn't mattter to me it's free time which is the problem.

Good idea on using FFCAL BTW, far too few EA's use this effective filter and suffer because of it. One thing to be aware of is that on the FF calendar for some perverse reason, Bernanke's speeches and speeches by others who seem to have the power to move the markets more than NFP at times, are still not flagged as "Red" and important on the FF calendar.

As for the "hangers-on", that's the problem with public threads and we can't avoid them - so should forget about them. The intention of this thread was to allow everyone to participate and work together to develop something special. My view is to see if interested coders help out soon and continue to keep everything public, because I believe that way the majority will benefit and we'll end up with a better system because we have contributions from everyone rather than a select secret group.

The whole ethos of this form has always been "share as much as you can". If we move towards secret groups with "fair exchange" of cash for trading skills/results then it makes us no better than FF with their spin off Jim group or whatever it's called lol.

If any of you know guys who can code in MQL then ask them to check out this thread. It's easy to totally miss even very well established threads and that way we may find someone who can take up the reins on the programming side.

I'll continue to offer whatever advice I can to ensure we're on the right track :)

Sound FX thanks for your contribution to the EA and the manual system. Steve Hopwood on FF might be willing to help out. I'm not a coder or I would lend a hand.

Regards,

rozario173

We should appreciate to those people who spent their valuable time without asking for return of a favor. Your talents presented to us should not be taken for granted. I believe honest and trustworthy like you guys putting your efforts together is far better beyond those marketing scammers with worthless products! Thanks again.

Regards.