Trend Pullback System: Perhaps Best Entry Signals Ever! (share)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Diesel, believe it or not I have been trying something very similar the last few weeks using 7pip rangebars on EURUSD, using multi cci level & pattern triggers instead of the stochastics, trying to get in with trend soon after turnround points which are very easy to see with rangebars. I have modified one of Demarks indicators called TD sequential ( removed alot of the screen clutter in the original indicator) , which predicts reversals based on counting numbers of bar sequences typical of reversals, and seems very accurate with picking reversals. Tried it in combination with your template and it adds to it very nicely...

try it and see, when you load the indy change the colours or sizes of the arrows to make it easier to see.

http://mir.cr/Q0W9KYI4

hxxp://mir.cr/Q0W9KYI4

Thanks for the try. It sounds very promising. Unfortunately your TD Sequential Indi didn't work on my chart. I dragged it onto my charts (both Range Bar and 5min) and it didn't go onto them. Not sure what the problem is... maybe it is tied to just your account?

I just noticed that it didn't create an .ex file which is usually what happens with a new .mq4 indicator when you restart Metatrader. No idea why it didn't.

Edited by Diesel 10

many thanks Diesel 10 all respect also for sharing valuable system that worth testing ...hope some people here who hide the successful systems even though they got it for free from here and there will step forward and dare to be great like you...thank you again

Thanks Diesel10 for your system.

Today I had the charts running but suddenly all the indicators and candles on the offline chart disappeared.

For some unknown reason the whole thing stopped working and I was lucky to discover it fast enough to

remove the trade-EA which I had running on the offline-chart.

EAs work with incoming tick data and when no tick data arrives like in my case on the M2-chart,

the EA is dead.

I read from others in another forum that they often had problems with offline-charts and therefore won´t dare to trade with EAs on offline charts but it was hard for me to believe it before today.

I used Renko-charts and never had problems with them.

Maybe it is the Range-bar EA which is more often producing such undesired situations.

I hope somebody can shed more light on this.

Thanks Diesel10 for your system.

Today I had the charts running but suddenly all the indicators and candles on the offline chart disappeared.

For some unknown reason the whole thing stopped working and I was lucky to discover it fast enough to

EAs work with incoming tick data and when no tick data arrives like in my case on the M2-chart,

the EA is dead.

I read from others in another forum that they often had problems with offline-charts and therefore won´t dare to trade with EAs on offline charts but it was hard for me to believe it before today.

I used Renko-charts and never had problems with them.

Maybe it is the Range-bar EA which is more often producing such undesired situations.

I hope somebody can shed more light on this.

@fxeasy,

you will have to make sure the 1 min chart from which you formulated the m2 offline chart is still running. If the 1 min chart is deleted, the offline chart stops running as it has no reference.

the EA is dead.

I have used MT4 range bars in several occasions and never experienced this. If you think the lack of ticks could be the cause, you can try this little free tool

http://i51.tinypic.com/5l7ac1.jpg

You can run it in the systray and it will send a tick at the interval you want to set. It's useful to backtest EA's as well. As the site where you can get it needs a registration and there is some trouble by logging in later, I decided to upload the program here. Enjoy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uvjod2924t52lqi/mt4ticker05.zip

Edited by alright
uploaded software with link

where i can find M2 offline chart in MT4 platform? thanks.
If you have followed the steps described in the doc (adding the s-constant range bars.ex4 to a 1min chart), click File>Open Offline and choose your M2 chart. Remember, as it's already beeen said, you need to leave the M1 chart open.

how to avoid this false signal?

========================================

If the chart is the regular time-based chart, then you can use a higher time-frame to determine the main trend and only trade the lower time-frame in accordance with the higher time-frame.

In a non time-based system, like Range bar or Renko chart, you may want to use a 20-pips range bar (or higher) chart to determine your trend. I don't know this will work, but, put two range bar charts side by side: one with 10-pips range bar, and another with 20-pips range bar (or higher. may be 30-pips) and see what happens....

In addition, try to use a good "currency strength meter", to only trade two currencies with the biggest strength difference: i.e. Strongest currency paired with the weakest currency, which will eliminate all kinds of choppy conditions.

========================================

In addition, try to use a good "currency strength meter", to only trade two currencies with the biggest strength difference: i.e. Strongest currency paired with the weakest currency, which will eliminate all kinds of choppy conditions.

===================================

Also, in order to eliminate false signals and choppy conditions, remember to always use the highly correlated pairs to confirm the trade. especially for Renko charts and the Range charts. They are very good at spotting the correlations among highly correlated pairs.

For example, if you trade EURUSD, you should also use the Range bar charts of GBPUSD and AUDUSD side by side for confirmation. All these three pairs are highly correlated and especially for Range bar charts, they should have the similar Range bar shapes, eliminating much noise of time-based charts.

So, only take the signals when all three correlated pairs have the similar trend/signal. In doing so, you should be able to eliminate a lot of false signals and avoid tons of choppy conditions.

Hope this helps. You can also use the inverse correlated pairs like USDCHF for confirmation, etc. A lot of screen time is needed to get a good feeling of avoiding choppy conditions eliminating false signals.

Also, if possible, try to trade only the Europe session and USA session when the liquidity and volatility are ample.

===================================

Also, in order to eliminate false signals and choppy conditions, remember to always use the highly correlated pairs to confirm the trade. especially for Renko charts and the Range charts. They are very good at spotting the correlations among highly correlated pairs.

For example, if you trade EURUSD, you should also use the Range bar charts of GBPUSD and AUDUSD side by side for confirmation. All these three pairs are highly correlated and especially for Range bar charts, they should have the similar Range bar shapes, eliminating much noise of time-based charts.

So, only take the signals when all three correlated pairs have the similar trend/signal. In doing so, you should be able to eliminate a lot of false signals and avoid tons of choppy conditions.

Hope this helps. You can also use the inverse correlated pairs like USDCHF for confirmation, etc. A lot of screen time is needed to get a good feeling of avoiding choppy conditions eliminating false signals.

Also, if possible, try to trade only the Europe session and USA session when the liquidity and volatility are ample.

Thanks for these insights Kerber! An excellent educate for us all ! !

Yes, M2 is not legitime TF for recognizing trend. You have to get confirmation on higher TFs like 15M, 30M, 1H.

With Stochastic always wait with trade until clear cross over 20 or 80. Stoch is not good for strong trends.

Hermes

I think you misunderstood. M2 is not a 2minute timeframe. It is simply the timeframe "symbol" that allows you to open an offline chart for rangebars. Also, this is a special version of Stochastics (StochasticRSI), not the standard one and we are only taking StochasticRSI signals that agree with the trend...