S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System Trade setups

fxnizar

Captain is right on many of the items. Joekurr is also right about the Aud/Nzd H1 setup traits being ok with just 1 flip because the cut is good and not a flip. The trigger happens on good data feed and this is very important because many brokers are either hiding extremes or running false stop cleaning spikes.

The pic Captain said had purple wraparound and Joekurr got 30 pips on 1/2 and then BE stop had another issue which would not have shown a trade at all and even CSA was not an option and is called a no-trade (wait for new trend extreme). The issue was that the purple swings out beyond the trend extreme and is a no trade.

There are specifics for these swingouts, data, wraparound and many very important things on the forum as I have said in the past. One thing to pay very close attention to is the Move After Cut. There is a detailed technique for measuring these on the forum because the MAC has been missing in a lot of setups due to jumpy markets. If it is not there then your pullback evaluation will be premature and so any signal is not a signal at all.

Also it is a good idea to label the pair and timeframe.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh Great postings, Thanks to all,

this is what i want put more eyes and minds

then only we learn this system.

those who are reading this thread please post your questions, chart, more

we are gifted that is why we are here, we have very Great Masters who are ready to help us,

this is gift, make useful off it.please Say Thanks to our Masters (Even they dont want this form us),what we going to give them?

nothing,really nothing,. they spending TIME for us,guiding right path this is invaluable, you cant measure this things any scale.

say thanks to them

please dont just read the posts, active participate it, and learn then earn

i know this is lifetime profitable system,

please learn

looking for More Eyes and Minds

Nizar

Hi Captain,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. It was very generous of you.

I have a few questions regarding your review, that I hope you can clarify.

Question 1

Regarding the 1st Pic below.

http://i.imgur.com/KPamW.jpg

You said you'd consider the cut to be a flip.

I zoomed in on the area that I called a cut and the lime green did not cross over the gold to the downside anytime around that area - that's why I only considered it a cut.

The gold did turn down by a pip then back up, so should it be considered a flip because of the overall look? Or should it not be considered a flip because the lime green did not cross the gold?

Or should it not be considered a good cut because the gold turned down.

Sorry for focusing in on this, but it seems key for proper setup.

Joe, Retry99 and You were totally correct, I did zoomed in and check data windows and didn't find Green or Gold have had a lower value than Gold around the mentioned area. It was a CUT. I take my word back

Keep on

Edited by Captain

Question 2

Why is post #110 meant for CSA or STS only (chart reproduced below)?

http://i.imgur.com/KqYSM.jpg

Is it because the trend extreme did not surpass the trend extreme at Jan 27 16:00? Or is it for another reason?

Joe, the full set of traits require MAC (Move After Cut). The book says that the band of MA become more steepening and more parallel (look your 5th pic of post #107 for a good MAC). See the band of thin MAs and thick MAs separately. Your arrow pointed to just the thin band of MAs. Seeing this I could assume you only watch for thin MAs become steepening and more parallel while book says the thin MAs and thick MAs become steepening and more parallel (of course its impossible to become parallel as they are different values of MAs).

Initially, someone might put less importance to this traits. But believe me, this would dictate whether the trend is going to reverse or just tumbling over for a temporary pullback. Therefore, your above pic should wait a little longer for a MAC and trend extreme.

But, instead of waiting for a full set of traits, we could also evaluate that chart using a new set of template (please don't ask me to share) called 52s. This template have loosen the MAC requirement. It has a loosen value of traits requirement yet still similar way as PTS traits evaluation. But this template are meant for an intermediate taking profit. It just aimed for corrective move and not the actual trend reversal of the evaluated timeframe (CSA).

So once you evaluate a traits using 52s, its only for CSA. So its possible to evaluate a set of traits using 52s and 13-68 and surely will produce different result.

Since your pic haven't provide a MAC, I might consider probably have shown a cut and a pullback if were to be evaluated using 52s (that aimed CSA only)

Keep on

Question 3

Purple wraparounds invalidate the setup when the purple MA surpasses retrace.

So at that point we wait for a deeper pullback, and can do the analysis on that deeper pullback.

Or wait for a new trend extreme to form and we'll then repeat the analysis and we'll way for a new pullback off the new trend extreme.

Is this correct?

Thanks again.

Joe

Retry99 were correct, see the first retrace (that failed to touch the purple/where you believe should have been touched but visually not). If the price touch the purple at that point then you have a very good PTS setup.

But your pic have shown that it failed to touch the purple. If later the price move down (but not made a new lower pullback) and made a retrace again toward the purple but the purple have already move down and pass the first retrace then it called purple wraparound ( a no trade at all).

But before it touch the purple, your chart made a new low (you right) and you should have probably move to h4 and even h8 by force index and have another new cross evaluation. Even if the new pb was just equal to the previous pb you should have taken the latter pb for evaluation (it was clearly stated in the book)

But let me tell you that your broker didn't provide you with an accurate feed. Our feed has shown that at the point (first retrace) where you believe the price has hit the purple, indeed has touch. Our data feed has shown that there were a 108 pips spike and penetrate the purple by 7 pips before moving down by 500 pips. I should have congratulate you.

I'd try to show you the chart of the most accurate data feed we had. But your broker has gone too far. Many times I found that my broker played me by just 3 to 5 pips different to our accurate data feed.

You're Well done, finally there is a forumer that worth of help

After that, the template is chosen, and it looks like the PTS reversal criteria is met:

http://i.imgur.com/dMnxM.jpg

Though in my chart, price doesn't hit the purple, I believe from what Retry99 has said, he did get a spike that did get up to the purple for the entry.

Joe

Ah,, finally Im*geShuck no longes Sh*ck,

As I have promised, this is our most accurate data feed. See the point where Joe believe that the price was actually touch purple (which his broker not). And see the 108pips spike that STAR data feed provide. Count how much different your broker have played you:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7198/anh1spike.gif

later see the price has been move far away, it was more than 500pips where its turn should have been followed and evaluated using another template (if you were not lost in so many setup):

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9367/anh1pips.gif

STAR guys, please remind me if I have gone too far and breach any rule

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7198/anh1spike.gif

And See the second spike where Joe was likely to enter, which were not even exist in my chart above (the most accurate data feed). Believe me, Stop Hunting does exist but not as much as Joe's broker. What would have happened if some one has put a stop tightly at those swing high.

watch eurusd d .5x 13,68 short trade

m.pivot 6.7.2010

pullback evaluation start now.wait to thick green ma touch the price action while pullback.then look for

same color ma cross each others. then x template for signal.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2058eg8.gif

Sorry to Joe (and STRTer) on my comment on this chart as it is on the watchlist, but maybe any of you could draw a small lesson on this.

Since it is on the w/l I can't comment too much. But I could tell you that the traits was not on 0,5xD1 as I said in my previous post (no cut in this TF). Yet this move has been evaluated in the forum using CSA and has been triggered on June 3rd.

Have made more than 600pips so far.

I was expecting around 720pips or twice but I am began to take partial profit.

Edited by Captain

Nobody taking a crack at this one posted up by Captain?

I am going to suggest that the MP was moved to Jan 10/2011.

If that's right - then using this MP and the appropriate TF traits were found - then a pullback analysis was done on a slower TF to find the entry.

The lesson???

Maybe that you can use diferent MPs to find potential traits, allowing you to get into trades that haven't completed their traits on a slower TF.

Nobody taking a crack at this one posted up by Captain?

I am going to suggest that the MP was moved to Jan 10/2011.

If that's right - then using this MP and the appropriate TF traits were found - then a pullback analysis was done on a slower TF to find the entry.

The lesson???

Maybe that you can use diferent MPs to find potential traits, allowing you to get into trades that haven't completed their traits on a slower TF.

You got that right joekurr.

EurUsd H4 > Jan 10 e/v at D1 0.618 CSA SHORT @ 1.4521 on 6/3 0:00

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've been lurking on this thread as I'm very interested in buying the STAR system and joining the premium members. I had a couple of questions I hope that you guys who have been with the STAR system can help me out with.

1. I don't mean to be rude, but why doesn't Tom H. publish some of his trades on sites such as myfxbook or mt4stats? Since the system is designed to be used on MT4, I would think that this would be an easy thing to do. I am not asking for trades on a live account as a demo account would be fine. I would like to see some of these great "no loss" trades that he claims. Even a month's worth would be great. These days, almost any credible EA or trading system publishes its results for us to see. Why the secrecy here? If Tom H. published his great trades, I'm sure it would be a huge selling point and he would have members clamoring to join.

2. For those of you who are part of his premium membership, how are you doing? Are you actually making money? Do any of you publish your trades on sites such as myfxbook? Even if you don't publish your results, please tell us how you're doing as even your word would be valuable information for me.

Thank you very much.

Have you checked the other thread? Tens of Thousands of pips while you search

Hi Gary,

Have you checked the other thread? You only mentioned this one so perhaps I can save you or others some reading. Below I have quoted some of the most important statements from that thread.

Because this is maybe the better thing - real traders (and very experienced) sharing their ideas about this system.

A couple of questions for you too because we love to see new traders come to join us. Will you watch Tens of Thousands of pips fly by while you search? Are you certain that you will ever recognize a good system when you find it?

OK now I do not know for sure why the owner does not post but I have an idea. This is a complete trading universe if I may use that as opposed to what you and most traders consider a trading 'system'. I mean that this is not a "MA or STOCHASTIC cross generate yourself a trade signal". STAR is good for ALL situations using only one overall technique that is adapting to the conditions and producing pips all the time.

You mention "no loss" trades but this is definitely not all the system offers. STAR is so much better now than originally given in the ebook. I took a tally of the watchlist for the triggered trades that had some closing info from Feb. 2009 when the watchlist starts to end of June 2011. The system is working for all timeframe traders from scalpers to very long term.

Many trades do not have the info for closing - it depends on the trader's choice which signals he will use and the aggressive trades which are not supposed to be no loss use a different exit strategy which can put you in long running trades with zeroed-out risk.

About 1/3 of the trades in there did not have the info but anyway it comes to over 50,650 pips with the ones that do have it.

How are members doing? It depends on what trades you take. It is a live 24 hour watchlist just like the market. You won't get all of these. Myself I am getting about 12000 to 15000 pips per year since mid-2008 but I think I could have done better. I know I am doing MUCH better since Supertradersclub with the watchlist began.

This tally comes from those who do know and use the system collaborating together and I believe this list is not covering all the trades that were possible, just the ones entered as setups in advance and then triggered which get updated and recorded by those members.

So I think that either Tom is just not that concerned about the posting elsewhere and lets people recommend STAR and share their own views or possibly he knows that this kind of system is not like anything else and needs to be interpreted in light of how IT functions, not everything else.

All of the postings below from the other thread have this one thing at the root and it is so obvious looking at this chart. (This chart shows an early entry at the crosshairs highlighted in the white circle and a run of 1400+ pips but it could not show the whole thing which is still moving and is over 2000 pips).

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/infomanager/eurnzd-march182011.jpg

That is just the main thing - forget about the indicators and the steps - this kind of trade is the goal of all traders and once you learn the steps (even though it is work) STAR delivers the goodies.

Hope this is of some help and encourages you.

The STAR System in whole is the edge, not a specific part of the system. It is a combination of many things in whole that makes this system work as well as it does. If you want to avoid the choppy markets, look at lower (faster movement) time frames. When you learn the forex and understand it better, you'll realize that big movements occur after a choppy market and smaller time frames will give you heads up on those movements.

Hint: As you learn how to trade the forex market, you will find out that there is no such indicator nor system that will tell you when the market is about to chop or break out in advance. There will never be one... if one did exist, we would all be billionaires. With this in mind, no need to continuously inquire as to how to know about when the market is going to chop or break out or about an edge. You need to read the postings and study charts more and posts questions relevant to the system.

Guys,

Long time no post, being busy in Star-Premium to catch up the points I missed in 3 years, thanks Tom and others for being patient and helpful (specially you G**t).

To Star-newbies, if you read the star-book, applied it, then come up with quality question (instead of I don't get it) then you are on the right track (Star might be suitable for you). I've come across many question that later I found in the member forum.

If any of you get the Star (i/legally), let me tell you that it would be only the early package. It would only the basic package and very general, the more you applied it the more you need further explanation. The book was probably designed that way to simplify it. Only if you understand it then you would demand more detail explanation (quality question) that available only in forum.

Ex; The book might tell you that after the Cut, the band of MAs become more parallel and more steepening (if you notice it). At the early learning you might neglect this but this is very crucial.

I am not saying that the basic package is useless, rather than trying to tell you all that its only a basic package. If that is suitable to you then you still need to have the rest of it. Primary and Secondary setup is probably handle only 30 % of setup while the rest 70 % we handle using 2 others easier setup (called CSA and 52s template)

The best thing in premium is that we work together as a team. We have more eyes watching more pairs. The extremely precision of Star require observation of traits. When one of us get a qualified pair, we posted it in the chat, then others will observe and comments. If Primary setup was not met then could be Secondary, CSA or 52s (and we have Tom to ask for critical points).

By working together we can contribute each other. Doing this then dirty-practice of data manipulation by brokers could be avoid. Last week I was nearly miss a 4 hour CSA setup that has travel more than 200 pips in 2 days. I was waiting for purple to be trigger but when the price was just 2 pips to trigger the purple, it moved away. I thought that it could be a failure setup but all others in the chat was saying the pair was triggered so I jumped in to Short. I would have missed the setup if I was not in the chat. Only after that then I install the recommended broker for my TA setup.

Imagine how precise the system is.

Only after experiencing such thing that I chat with Tom. I admitted to him that I neglect the advise to use the recommended broker for acceptable precise technical analysis. I was relying solely to my live account (thanks guys)

I have another of my own experience of failed setup; I was in the 5M CSA setup, the traits and criteria was met but when it failed I re-check the criteria then found my own mistake. The cut require a certain thin MA to cross a certain thick MA. I thought it was already touch but when I zoomed all the way in then I found it was just miss 1 pip. Luckily the range between trigger and stop-loss was only 9 pips (6 pips without spread) so Draw-down was small. To my amaze how precise STAR is.

STAR was not my best experience, but STAR-PREMIUM is

Hope to see more of you in the STAR-Chat

One more thing...

If someone does purchase the new system and reads the manual and ends up saying "I don't understand it".... my suggestion is that you put the manual down, take a break and then return to the manual. If you knew that one can make hundreds of thousands of dollars by learning and trading the system, that WILL motivate you to pick up the manual and read it over and over till it "CLICKS" and you say..."I NOW UNDERSTAND IT". This is exactly how others motivated themselves to learn the system and they are thankful they did so.

The newer version is written with more clarity and fills in the voids where it's missing in the first version. When I learned the system, it was the original (first) system and I traded same without any problems. Several traders that also became very successful with the system wanted to start a forum to share ideas, etc.. and one was developed. Within that forum, traders came up with new trading methodology and advanced templates to share and thus made it an easier system to trade.

I highly recommend the system for those that are advanced traders...this is a no brainer. Those that I know are advanced traders did purchase the system and are doing very well with it and are thankful they did. I don't suggest the system to new traders that has no experience with the forex since they may get discouraged being such an advanced system and one needs to know how to navigate through MT4 with ease to find the right templates to enter the trade opportunities.

Trust me, if you know the forex and MT4, you should get this system. This system is not expensive at all. I took the $16,000 so called Nexgen t3 Pro Trading Course and trust me, the STAR System is far, far, far less expensive and produces better exact trading opportunities. One thing that confuses traders is knowing when to enter and exits trades and the STAR System shows you when to do so.

The current price for the system is $267 which I know is a steal. Knowing what I know now about the Star System and it's potential, I would gladly pay $10,000 - $20,000 for this system. You should read the excerpts from successful traders that have this system... it's that good. I know it's the best manually traded forex system available to the public.

I hope this helps.

Personally I would not be so sure a newbie could not benefit because of the utter hell they will face elsewhere learning and searching (as I am sure you all know).

Wow......rertry99.....thanks for the extensive post.

I invested in STAR about two weeks ago, and have dived into it here and there.

I am going to be on vacation shortly so I have not given it as much time as it deserves.

I have joined the premium members area but have only visited the chat a few times.

Certainly people seem very willing to help.

On one level, I "get it" however there are a lot of new things that are not in the ebook and a lot of short form terminology that is taking me some time to get up to speed on.

Also, my advantage of some trading experience, is my disadvantage. I trade a few different methods that are profitable, so I am a bit reluctant to shelve them all, to really learn STAR.

I am glad I purchased the system, but it is not a system that you will learn in 15 minutes.

PGPB

Also, my advantage of some trading experience, is my disadvantage. I trade a few different methods that are profitable, so I am a bit reluctant to shelve them all, to really learn STAR.

I am glad I purchased the system, but it is not a system that you will learn in 15 minutes.

I understand and agree that it will not be learned in 15 minutes. Nothing could be that will make you this kind of money. Welcome and good luck my friend.

I saw something on the website which caught my eye when I first bought STAR. There was one of the testimonials which said "all my other tools have gone out the window" or something like that. I also believe David had mentioned something similar. The forum has a thread called Getting Started and Tom mentions this. I advise the same.

Now that you have the best use it. If your other methods brought you to a place where you were still searching that should be a clue that you should focus on STAR. I know I will never have to search again.

I put this in the other thread but this may be a better overview pic of the system.

I got this in an email welcoming me after I purchased.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/infomanager/-trait-set-layout.gif

On this pic, how come the point where the fast MA's 'cut' the slow MA's isn't the cut? (the point just above the 'of' in the writing which says 'for the trades of a lifetime...) Is it because a cut is only valid if it occurs once price has moved above the peak that occurred just before the flip? Or is it because the 13's and 68's weren't parallel after the cut until after that second 'cut'? or another reason?

Edit: Discard this question, I found the answer later on in the thread.

Also, on that pic, is the next step to look for a pullback (which price had started to do), since the secondary stage ends at the trend extreme?

Edited by chrisbenjy

Nvm, just read a little further on, is this the right explanation?

No WW, the cut start cannot begin until 2nd stage is proven valid already. This would mean the flip starting point has to be gotten past and also period orientation of 68 ma group is there. Only then can a cut be counted. Until those 2 points of criteria are proven anything that would look to be a cut is ignored.

The force is for pullback evaluation only to see if the timeframe needs to be set slower to get a good evaluation.

What does period orientation mean, that they are parallel, or they are back in direction of trend?

I think I have got to grips with the initial part of STAR (based on original ebook, and messages in this thread). Would anyone be able to take a look at my analysis below and advise me whether this is correct (for the initial part i.e. identifying traits).

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4817/example1p.gif

At first thought I thought it showed valid traits, but I am now thinking that it may not be a valid MAC, because the groups of MA's are not parallel. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I know I have probably missed the pullback evaluation, but I have not started to learn that bit yet.

Edited by chrisbenjy

I think I have got to grips with the initial part of STAR (based on original ebook, and messages in this thread). Would anyone be able to take a look at my analysis below and advise me whether this is correct (for the initial part i.e. identifying traits).

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4817/example1p.gif

At first thought I thought it showed valid traits, but I am now thinking that it may not be a valid MAC, because the groups of MA's are not parallel. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I know I have probably missed the pullback evaluation, but I have not started to learn that bit yet.

You have that right up to the point of the Cut on the pic and you are correct about the MAC no being good. So in that pic at that last print it would be w/m/c and the trend extreme and pullback markers would come off.