KangarooEA

I have turned this EA off for about 10 days now... I had no big losses what so ever,, I just knew the market is going to collapse after all this straight upmove without any correction worth mentioning, I will wait till June and the Kangaroo will be turned back on on my account

cheers

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a nutshell, 2 EURUSD trades were open and a flagged news item came up, so Kangaroo was not able to filter them in advance (upcoming news with 2 opened trades). Now this is a very rare circumstance, but it can happen... the developers are working on a new version which will close open orders even in slight negative when a news is coming.

TulipFX should have to think make this thing long before, it's obviuos to close open trades if possible at profit or break even or at small loss if news is coming and not to wait for tp.

Guest Jayman007

Yeah it's a bummer that once I realized how this EA trades I went to the developer and asked for my money back. They refused me on the grounds that I could not show them significant losses on my account. It seems quite unfair that we are forced to lose money before getting a refund. And for all of you that have now taken this big loss and will hang up this EA I feel badly that you had to learn the hard way that this was bound to occur sooner or later.

This is why it's nice when a developer allows us to run on multiple demos and fwd test so we can see what's going to happen when things go wrong. But these Tulip guys are soooo very arrogant in their abilities and their perfect EA that they felt that 100% their EA was going to make money and you had to pay for the right to run on every diff account and must keep paying a sub fee and there is NO way they would ever have to issue ANY refunds since they had it in their heads that their EA could never create a loss and if a loss occurred it MUST be due to the ****** customer using it wrong.

All I can say is THANK YOU tulip for canceling my account when you did. You saved me from a huge loss that would have afr outweighed the refund I was asking for. And now you have made it clear to all that observe what tight asses you are to your customers and that your HOLY GRAIL is not so Holy after all.

It's not only a grid EA, it has at least 3-4 combined strategies. I've seen it act as a trend follower (for sure), a partial grid system, even scalp a few pips on sideways markets.

It's a very complex EA, and the vendors are trying hard to improve it as much as they can. That's what you pay for with the subscription: constant improvements, constant support, etc. Still very worth it imo.

It's not only a grid EA, it has at least 3-4 combined strategies. I've seen it act as a trend follower (for sure), a partial grid system, even scalp a few pips on sideways markets.

It's a very complex EA, and the vendors are trying hard to improve it as much as they can. That's what you pay for with the subscription: constant improvements, constant support, etc. Still very worth it imo.

So what? In the end it collapsed..as along as they don't get rid of the grid part it will fail big time again, sooner or later. You just pay for a dangerous product...

Why do you say it has collapsed? That's hogwash, sorry. I have lost 10% equity, their main account I believe the same. There you go:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea/56195

What it has done, it has experienced DD, that's perfectly normal with any given EA. This is NOT an account blower, and OTOH it's not the holy grail either. A single bad trade does not mean it's an utter piece of **** software.

EA earned 621 pips from 3rd Dec to 28th Apr . EA lost -871 pips in 2 days . Still the EA is considered "worthy" (even with a monthly subscription fee) by many. Surprising ! 8-)

When? Where? On which account? Definitely not on this (the only official one):

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea/56195

I made far more than I lost, one little SL doesn't change things.

Guest Jayman007
It's a no win here talking about Kangaroo. Some have bad things to say about it (like me) and others will defend it till it stops selling.

When? Where? On which account?

I was referring to Birt's live account results ( http://www.myfxbook.com/members/birt/kangarooea/67781 ). I came to know abt that EA thru birts review site ( http://eareview.net/640/scalping/kangarooea ) and had been tracking his results since then.

It is true that the EA results vary between brokers.

For instance this demo had hit 2 full SLs ( http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea-fxopen/93715 )

while this demo only hit 1 SL ( http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea-cfx/56195 )

Abdul said he was extremely lucky to have the EA turned off that day..

And you too were lucky that the losing trades which were triggered as per the EA strategy were missed in your platform.

Lets all pray that let "luck" favor all Kangaroo users of Indo forum in future :D

I watch some forums and so far it looks like that only Birt's account took 3 SLs. Most of the people had 0, 1 or 2 SLs. Neither one is the end of the world.

Some people say that Kangaroo blew the accounts. Even Birt's 3 SLs did not halve his account. It is in -14% DD, which is no way a blown. A blow is a margin call, and there were another EAs which did blew the accounts of their owner in these days, for example the EuroSmarter.

I watch some forums and so far it looks like that only Birt's account took 3 SLs. Most of the people had 0, 1 or 2 SLs. Neither one is the end of the world.

Some people say that Kangaroo blew the accounts. Even Birt's 3 SLs did not halve his account. It is in -14% DD, which is no way a blown. A blow is a margin call, and there were another EAs which did blew the accounts of their owner in these days, for example the EuroSmarter.

I have no idea what happened to Birt's account... maybe his VPS went south after those trades were taken leaving some open orders or something... I personally took 1 full SL (the first and only one in 5 months), and btw that was an issue with an upcoming and unfiltered news event (which will be fixed in the next release), so you can't even blame the EA's logic after all.

Why people are blasting Kangaroo on a single SL, is beyond me...