KangarooEA

TulipFX have now released the EUR/USD EA, which should make it a much more interesting proposition.

There is a new white paper that goes into details and back tests.

I must confess their presentation is a breath of fresh air.

I'll be a happy bunny if this one keeps chugging along.

ts

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's optimized for one broker - AlpariUK

I ran tests on NordFX at 18/11/2010 Expert Spread = 1 received 3 losing trades in a row and at risk = 5, got through - 24%, the pair EURUSD

Did you backtest on Metaquotes data or use Dukascopy tick data?

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Looks like it's optimized for one broker - AlpariUK

I ran tests on NordFX at 18/11/2010 Expert Spread = 1 received 3 losing trades in a row and at risk = 5, got through - 24%, the pair EURUSD

dude, the news filter wont work with metaquotes data, you need Birt tick data to do any real proper test, and that goes for any system

this is running perfect for me on TheCollectiveFX, did anyone try testing this on FXopen ECN Real account ?

I highly recommed thecollectivefx for this, very satisfied with the performance

dude, the news filter wont work with metaquotes data, you need Birt tick data to do any real proper test, and that goes for any system

this is running perfect for me on TheCollectiveFX, did anyone try testing this on FXopen ECN Real account ?

I highly recommed thecollectivefx for this, very satisfied with the performance

dude, the news filter work perfect

dude, the news filter work perfect

Only on constant time data like birt's tick data. otherwise it is timing will be all wrong and will completely screw up its news filtering.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

-hxxp://cn.ziddu.com/download/573768/kangaroo.rar.html

kangaroo4.1 decompile

Thanks but the decompiling is not finished. In fact, I have removed auth part. Then I recompiled it and got 3 undefined varialbes. Since they are not very important ones, I blocked them and recompiled again, and got more errors. At last, I found even some functions are broken e.g. Prepare_For_Surprises();

Does anyone have newer ex4 to mq4? Also better please share v5.1

Only on constant time data like birt's tick data. otherwise it is timing will be all wrong and will completely screw up its news filtering.

No, it will be correct only if you trade with this broker.

At the moment I have a real account with Spread = 1, open five orders for the bay and the price is very close to the stop.

The accounts of the author of these transactions do not.

No, it will be correct only if you trade with this broker.

At the moment I have a real account with Spread = 1, open five orders for the bay and the price is very close to the stop.

The accounts of the author of these transactions do not.

I had a trade open (long) on AUDUSD, but updated the EA to v5.1. That trade closed a bit later at a loss, but Kangaroo opened a reverse trade immediately that hit TP.

Also had a winner on EURUSD.

Not sure what's happening to your situation. How did others get through the updating..?

How did others get through the updating..?

Pretty smoothly until I forgot to change my demo account number on the Tulip site. Duh !

But then....I had a light-bulb moment and set things right. I guess changing demo account numbers is something I'm just not used to.

I must say I have found the Customer Service very quick to respond to all my questions.

I wish I could find a few more Companies and EA's like this one.

Smooth and steady wins the race.

ts

I had both AudUsd and EurUsd trades today on thecollectivefx broker

I think the Kangaroo Vendor needs to post a list of recommended brokers

That would be really helpful along with a list of brokers where they don't care whether their EA works correctly or not. I only say this because of a TulipFX post I saw on another forum that essentially says until MB Traders gives them a list of what they support and don't support, then they don't really care.

Many eons ago, when I first learned programming my instructor used to say something like "It is simple to write software that does what you want but the difference between Simple software and Quality software is that the later simply does not allow the unexpected to occur." I see this as an opportunity for TulpiFX to differentiate itself from the weekend hacker selling EAs on eBay since they claim to have invested thousands of hours into programming this EA.

Call me stupid but aren't there are MT4 function calls like MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_XXX) that will give the EA all of the information it needs to set position sizes correctly and doesn't the LastError() function call show whether an OrderSend(...) returned an error about the expiration date not being honored? If these checks are not performed then it doesn't take a genius to figure out there might be trouble trading with this or any broker. Wouldn't it be better to write a few lines of code to verify that pending orders are deleted when they expected instead of sending the user's account into an unexpected SL? The same goes for validating the lot size by looking at the $ per pip and lot size.

Really, if you think about it aren't you trusting your money to some EA written by why knows who without knowing what QA tests or peer reviews were applied to ensure that the EA doesn't let an error get through? Now if the author says it isn't their responsibility to check every error condition then who's responsibility is it? Yours? Possibly, if you are a professional systems designer and have all of the resources available including documented source code. I certainly don't fit that category so what am I supposed to do? Of course, a typical response would be "Take it or leave it."

If they express that attitude, should you ask yourself "Do you really want to trust your money to them?" How would you feel if your bank says "Well our state-of-the-art software that took thousands of hours to develop doesn't check to see if your deposit was posted as you requested so eat the loss and get over it."

I am not criticizing only the the authors of Kangaroo, whom I believe have made an excellent EA, but the EA Industry as a whole. None the less, there is something here that they can learn if they are open minded.

JMHO

Edited by hitescape
correct typo

Call me stupid but aren't there are MT4 function calls like MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_XXX) that will give the EA all of the information it needs to set position sizes correctly and doesn't the LastError() function call show whether an OrderSend(...) returned an error about the expiration date not being honored? If these checks are not performed then it doesn't take a genius to figure out there might be trouble trading with this or any broker. Wouldn't it be better to write a few lines of code to verify that pending orders are deleted when they expected instead of sending the user's account into an unexpected SL? The same goes for validating the lot size by looking at the $ per pip and lot size.

I looked at one of the version 4 decompiled code, and noticed they use the complete OrderReliable library (public domain) to verify proper handling of trades (and error reporting).

I looked at one of the version 4 decompiled code, and noticed they use the complete OrderReliable library (public domain) to verify proper handling of trades (and error reporting).

Well, lets investigate that a little bit further. OrderReliable is a tool and if a tool is not used properly, you cannot expect it to correct errors with your EA. Just because they used OrderReliable it does not negate the fact that versions 4.0 and 4.1 placed orders on an MB Traders platform using 10% of the correct lot size based on their own definition nor does it excuse their EA ignoring an error report from OrderReliable that states expiration dates are not accepted by MB Traders. Further, all of this information, including all logs, was provided to TulipFX support in a timely manner by me and as of the time of this posting they have not advised me about whether it is safe to use their EA on MB Traders.

Now, lets look and see exactly what OrderReliable had to say about this event in my 12/17/2010 EA Log:

"14:05:23 KangarooEAv4.1 AUDUSD,M5: OrderModifyReliable v1_1_4:non-retryable error: 147:expirations are denied by broker"

It looks like OrderReliable did their part; did TulipFX do theirs?

Even though I have tried to help them diagnose these coding problem(s), I still have no confirmation from TulipFX as to whether version 5.1 works properly on MB Traders or not. If I am to believe their post « Reply #91 on: January 30, 2011, 07:22:25 PM » at this site: hxxp://www.donnaforex.c0m/forum/index.php?topic=2840.90 which states:

"...Quote

Yeah, MB Trading do not support expirations.

TulipFX, any chance you going to build in a way around expired orders deletion?

MB Trading does a number of strange things with their MT4. Many of which they do not document correctly nor have a very well informed support team. As such we do not recommend using our KangarooEA on MB Trading and have no plans to support this custom version of MT4.

Please email MB Trading and ask them to conform to standard MT4 practices, or at very least document all their changes in full with work-around solutions.

Regards,

Ozzie @ TulipFX"

I would say that a safe conclusion is that they simply don't care whether it works on MB Traders or not. This is surprising to me as I have had a lot of positive interaction with their support people and even received a very detailed explanation as to how and why they employ some of their trading strategies that I questioned.

All things considered, it is obvious to me that they did not act on information that was readily available to them.

Edited by hitescape
typos, as usual...

I guess you can call me stupid after all! The developers of Kangaroo have confirmed that Kangaroo version 5.0 and later no longer have the problems I was complaining about for the expiration date and the lot size when using a broker with mini lots. I was just thrown of base by the comments from Ozzie on the other forum.

So on to more positive things. Which broker is best or better for Kangaroo? Here are my very results since I started testing:

Alpari UK Demo missed one of the December - January trades but took both trades this week.

JadeFX Demo - before this week it hit every trade. Then my demo expired and I didn't realize it so I don't know if it took this week's trades.

JadeFX Live - Started January 30 with version 5.0 / 5.1 and it did not take either trade this week. Don't know why yet.

MB Traders Demo - Started January 30 with Version 5.0 / 5.1. It took the EURAUD trade but not the EURUSD trade. (Prior history with them is irrelevant with the release of 5.0)

The Collective Live - Took all trades through the end of January.

The Collective Demo has hit every trade that they report but my demo account expired and I didn't realize it so I don't know if it took this weeks trades.

Edited by hitescape
lost connection