Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

This is my original CR3.0 demo results from 2010-11-04 GoMarkets (not Indo Run).

One stoploss 2010-11-16 and another floating loss (but in the right way now). Using MaxLossMethod 2 in the EA recomended by Profita*leFX. Only me with theese drawdowns using original CR 3.0?

http://ladda-upp.se/data/194.237.185.46/123.jpg

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Expat thanks for all your hard work and tenacity in answering questions. You have a parameter that lets you decided whether you want to trade the first day of the month. Pardon my ignorance but what's the deal with the first day of the month? Is it more risky? :-/

Also I've tried profit all order "12" and dynamic profit "true" with a step of 3.0. Takes more profit when it can. I've seen it take up to more than double on visual back-testing (30+pips). And for those of you who abhor draw down give EURCHF or similar a go. Any currency without GBP or USD in it's name is usually going to go easier on you unless it's yen.

The market might trend stronger at the end of the month and first day of the month which might drive the EA into DD, therefore this option. Basically similar to Megadroid.

Other critical times are FOMC and NFP release. E.g. NFP might effect 2plus trading sessions (e.g. released Friday and effecting Monday morning). You might wanna stop trading live on these 2 major News events till the market has leveled out (1 or 2 days) to run it saver. I will code the NFP Trading option into the next release.

Cheers

Edited by expat1967

I use indorun1.4 ma 10k 3 basket settings with Momentum Filter On , made 220$ with 0.1 lots today on my account!

You might wanna switch News Filter on using this set. Not sure if the Momentum Filter in addition can cope with main trends as the MA in this set is pretty open.

Cheers

Edited by expat1967

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Expat1967,

Currently, I am using Indo run v1.4o on 15-minute timeframe. I am not testing it on 1h timeframe yet.

So, I wish to know from you and some other people in this thread that which timeframe seems to bring the highest net profit gain with lower drawdown? M15 or H1?

I am looking forward to receiving the next version when you implement some more functions as well as big news filter in it.

This EA really has great potential, and I opine that after few months from now, when all extra functions and news filter indicators are added, this EA will become a great winner.

Thanks a lot, Expat1967. Keep up your good work, my friend !

James

Hi All. i'm new in to this EA where notice that when enable the news filtering; it don't show any result in the backtest.

by referring to the codes, it should bypass the "IsTesting()" when backtest is in process. so, I'm suggesting the following and request feedback if the coding have any fault.

//*************************************************************************

bool News() {

if(IsTesting()) return (1);

if(AvoidNews && Minute() != g_minute_296) {

if (High_Impact) {

int MinSinceHighNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0);

int MinUntilHighNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1);

if (MinUntilHighNews <= MinsUntilNextHighNews || MinSinceHighNews <= MinsSincePrevHighNews) {

NewsF = "Avoiding High Impact News...";

g_minute_296 = Minute();

return(0);

}

}

if (Medium_Impact) {

int MinSinceMediumNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0);

int MinUntilMediumNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1);

if (MinUntilMediumNews <= MinsUntilNextMediumNews || MinSinceMediumNews <= MinsSincePrevMediumNews) {

NewsF = "Avoiding Medium Impact News...";

g_minute_296 = Minute();

return(0);

}

}

if (Low_Impact) {

int MinSinceLowNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0);

int MinUntilLowNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1);

if (MinUntilLowNews <= MinsUntilNextLowNews || MinSinceLowNews <= MinsSincePrevLowNews) {

NewsF = "Avoiding Low Impact News...";

g_minute_296 = Minute();

return(0);

}

}

NewsF = "No news Impact...";

return(1);

}

if(!AvoidNews) {

NewsF = "News Filter off!";

return(1);

}

}

sorry for the bad english....

Hi All. i'm new in to this EA where notice that when enable the news filtering; it don't show any result in the backtest.

by referring to the codes, it should bypass the "IsTesting()" when backtest is in process. so, I'm suggesting the following and request feedback if the coding have any fault.

bool News() {

if(IsTesting()) return (1);

if(AvoidNews && Minute() != g_minute_296) {

if (High_Impact) {

int MinSinceHighNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0);

int MinUntilHighNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1);

if (MinUntilHighNews <= MinsUntilNextHighNews || MinSinceHighNews <= MinsSincePrevHighNews) {

NewsF = "Avoiding High Impact News...";

g_minute_296 = Minute();

return(0);

}

}

if (Medium_Impact) {

int MinSinceMediumNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0);

int MinUntilMediumNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1);

if (MinUntilMediumNews <= MinsUntilNextMediumNews || MinSinceMediumNews <= MinsSincePrevMediumNews) {

NewsF = "Avoiding Medium Impact News...";

g_minute_296 = Minute();

return(0);

}

}

if (Low_Impact) {

int MinSinceLowNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0);

int MinUntilLowNews=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FFCal", 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1);

if (MinUntilLowNews <= MinsUntilNextLowNews || MinSinceLowNews <= MinsSincePrevLowNews) {

NewsF = "Avoiding Low Impact News...";

g_minute_296 = Minute();

return(0);

}

}

NewsF = "No news Impact...";

return(1);

}

if(!AvoidNews) {

NewsF = "News Filter off!";

return(1);

}

}

sorry for the bad english....

Hi

the News Filter cant be (not yet) backtested and is bypassed in the tester and optimization. Yeap missed a return(1), but does not effect live/demo trading.

if(AvoidNews&&!IsTesting()&&!IsOptimization())

return(true); added it in at the end of the function

Thanks and Cheers

Hi Hi Expat1967,

First thank you for your successful work and our generous to share with us your wonderful skills.

I have a very small question in regards to the risk setup, so let us say we want to increase the risk from 2% to 5% then should we change the ProfitAllOrder too or should be the same as it is.

In other words does the EA automatically changes the ProfitAllOrder or we need to change it according to the risk factor ?

Also if we change the risk factor from 2% to 5% then what other factors in terms of the lost and klot size needs to be changed ?

thanks in advance for your answer

Cheers

Arto

Hi all,

Already more than six months I was not active in the market or this forum,but last week I entered this forum and read this tread.

I've tried Indo run in demo or live, and "expat1967: YOU DESERVE AN AWARD STAR".

Maybe, Indo run will repeat the successful Your Lucky by Rahman in other forums, which make brokers fears (sorry, if there are members on this forum from broker).

Ok, I running Indo run with set files from haynese1975 with different setting

- AutoLotSize false

- KLotSize false

- DoubleLots false

after i running Indo run for a week, I can resume:

- News filter very important (i make news filter true)

- Best time for running this EA 20.00 - 09.00 (GMT) because the time is minimal news

- Avoid running this ea 10.00 - 21.00 (GMT)

i running this ea 20.00 - 09.00 GMT (13 hrs) and i still profit 10% - 25% daily (safe trading with good money management)

- Use copy trade or other for live account (this is for minimizing the detection of brokers about characteristics ea, like case Your Lucky, for ea long live,,,,,,,again,,, sorry, if there are members on this forum from broker). I use this method.

- Expat, maybe you can hide function in ea setting, for looks simple for beginner (although only remove "extern" for who knows code).

- Do not be greedy and still keep the money management.

expat1967: YOU DESERVE AN AWARD STAR

Hi Hi Expat1967,

First thank you for your successful work and our generous to share with us your wonderful skills.

I have a very small question in regards to the risk setup, so let us say we want to increase the risk from 2% to 5% then should we change the ProfitAllOrder too or should be the same as it is.

In other words does the EA automatically changes the ProfitAllOrder or we need to change it according to the risk factor ?

Also if we change the risk factor from 2% to 5% then what other factors in terms of the lost and klot size needs to be changed ?

thanks in advance for your answer

Cheers

Arto

Hi Arto, no need to change ProfitAllOrder. Just set AutoLot tor true and set your desired Risk. KLotSize must be false. No need to change the default Lotsiaze as well.

Cheers

Hey Expat,

I typically only use the news filter to avoid big hits. The safe side is to wait the required time before and after then begin trading again. Would it be possible to continue trading but during the news time period (HIGH ONLY) have the code increase the step and when the HIGH Risk period has passed then it returns to normal step? You could add this for MEDIUM and LOW also at varying levels of step increase or decrease. Let me know if it's possible or even practical. It may not be possible due to the way the basket operates.

Optimization question. What filter should I use on BT to avoid past news releases. I really want to expand to other pairs. Do you have any beginner .set files for other pairs that I can work on? You can PM me.

Hey Haynese,

I don't see it much pratical to do as of now to adjust to news releases. I have tried some things prior on extending or tightening spreads. Extending did hardly drive good results. You can set ATRStepOn even when the ATR Filter is off. When the Pair starts ranging the step will adjust automatically. You can set 3 or practically 2 variables on the step reduction. I run it on with the standard settings 0,-1,-2

The default set with ATR is always my starting point on new pairs, then trimming further.

Cheers

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Expat1967,

1. You are really great. I do believe this EA will live long and profitable for the long-run.

Hope that the next version will even be more profitable and more secure from all good comments of all of us/beta-testers of your revised ea.

2. If possible, please kindly make a suggestion on suggested lot size with suggested minimum account amount so that the newbies will not mis-use the lot size and may make EA trade so much, and cause danger to their accounts.

3. In addition to Gbpusd, I also opine that we can use this ea on other pairs and still be profitable. The only thing left here is to see which preset files can be used for which pairs? If all of us here can extend our cooperation and help in doing "backtesting and optimization" on some major pairs such as: Eurusd, Eurjpy, Gbpjpy, Usdcad, Usdchf, Usdjpy on M15 and H1 to see which pairs are profitable, then, it will be very good and helpful to all of us here.

+ To Joseromano: Which time-frame are you using this ea on? M15 or H1? and on Gbpusd? or any other pairs as well? If possible, please kindly post your pre-set files here. Thanks a lot.

+ By the way, what are your personal reasons that you set up the followings differently?

- AutoLotSize false

- KLotSize false

- DoubleLots false

So, you seem to use "FIXED LOT SIZE" ? What is the lot size you used on how much account balance? Please give a suggestion based on your forward-testing results of demo and live account. Thanks a lot.

+ I agree with your idea on the specific trading time for this ea from 20:00 to 9:00. It is similar to Megadroid, etc.

+ You said "i still profit 10% - 25% daily (safe trading with good money management)". To earn such a good profit like 10% - 25% daily on only Gbpusd, I assume you should use rather high risks on bigger lot size? Please give your ideas on how to have good money management on safe lot size based on how much deposit? etc

Thanks a lot to Expat1967 and Joseromano and Hayness1975. We all need all your expertise ideas in order to improve and make this ea become more and more profitable while reducing the risks to the minimum.

James

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Expat1967,

I noticed from the "Experts" the following sentences:

+ 2010.11.19 00:10:55 FFCal GBPUSDm,M15: Reading URL: http://cloud.forexfactory.com/ffcal_week_this.xml

+ 2010.11.19 00:10:55 FFCal GBPUSDm,M15: Closing URL web connection

+ 2010.11.19 00:10:55 FFCal: cannot delete file C:\Program Files\IBFX Australia\experts\files\11-18-2010-GBPUSDm15-FFCal.xml

Please kindly explain if they are working normally ?

Especially the sentence : 2010.11.19 00:10:55 FFCal: cannot delete file C:\Program Files\IBFX Australia\experts\files\11-18-2010-GBPUSDm15-FFCal.xml ?

Cannot delete file ........ : Is it a coding error or it is normal ?

Thanks a lot for your explanations.

Best regards,

James

Hi Expat1967,

1. You are really great. I do believe this EA will live long and profitable for the long-run.

Hope that the next version will even be more profitable and more secure from all good comments of all of us/beta-testers of your revised ea.

2. If possible, please kindly make a suggestion on suggested lot size with suggested minimum account amount so that the newbies will not mis-use the lot size and may make EA trade so much, and cause danger to their accounts.

3. In addition to Gbpusd, I also opine that we can use this ea on other pairs and still be profitable. The only thing left here is to see which preset files can be used for which pairs? If all of us here can extend our cooperation and help in doing "backtesting and optimization" on some major pairs such as: Eurusd, Eurjpy, Gbpjpy, Usdcad, Usdchf, Usdjpy on M15 and H1 to see which pairs are profitable, then, it will be very good and helpful to all of us here.

+ To Joseromano: Which time-frame are you using this ea on? M15 or H1? and on Gbpusd? or any other pairs as well? If possible, please kindly post your pre-set files here. Thanks a lot.

+ By the way, what are your personal reasons that you set up the followings differently?

- AutoLotSize false

- KLotSize false

- DoubleLots false

So, you seem to use "FIXED LOT SIZE" ? What is the lot size you used on how much account balance? Please give a suggestion based on your forward-testing results of demo and live account. Thanks a lot.

+ I agree with your idea on the specific trading time for this ea from 20:00 to 9:00. It is similar to Megadroid, etc.

+ You said "i still profit 10% - 25% daily (safe trading with good money management)". To earn such a good profit like 10% - 25% daily on only Gbpusd, I assume you should use rather high risks on bigger lot size? Please give your ideas on how to have good money management on safe lot size based on how much deposit? etc

Thanks a lot to Expat1967 and Joseromano and Hayness1975. We all need all your expertise ideas in order to improve and make this ea become more and more profitable while reducing the risks to the minimum.

James

Hi James,

my rule of thumb for the lot size is currently 10k = 0.1Lots / 1k =0.01. Again, that's my call on it, in the end you will need to decide for yourself if you will go higher or lower. Use a leverage as high as possible e.g. 1:400/500, that will help reducing a risk for margin call. I am trading on one account with 1:200 but it looks very tight when I review back. Careful with the multiple baskets as it will factor the risk accordingly.

Guys don't get tempted and trade higher too early or even overtrade. I said it in the first post already, trade more careful for the beginning the EA is still new and we need to educate it and as well us further on its characteristics. Newbies might wait a while till we are more confident. Always trade on the safer side. Start slowly then always can ramp up later. Starting too high may end ugly if you know what I mean...

Thanks for making a call to check on other pairs. would be great if we can get this distributed and chaneled back.

Cheers

Edited by expat1967
Pressed save to early prior...

Hi Expat1967,

I noticed from the "Experts" the following sentences:

+ 2010.11.19 00:10:55 FFCal GBPUSDm,M15: Reading URL: http://cloud.forexfactory.com/ffcal_week_this.xml

+ 2010.11.19 00:10:55 FFCal GBPUSDm,M15: Closing URL web connection

+ 2010.11.19 00:10:55 FFCal: cannot delete file C:\Program Files\IBFX Australia\experts\files\11-18-2010-GBPUSDm15-FFCal.xml

Please kindly explain if they are working normally ?

Especially the sentence : 2010.11.19 00:10:55 FFCal: cannot delete file C:\Program Files\IBFX Australia\experts\files\11-18-2010-GBPUSDm15-FFCal.xml ?

Cannot delete file ........ : Is it a coding error or it is normal ?

Thanks a lot for your explanations.

Best regards,

James

Not a critical error for operations in my understanding. As long the current file is there as well it will be updated if news are changed. It comes from the FFCAL, need to check if Forex Factory have more details on this. You might need to delete older FFCAL.xml files manually from the files folder from time to time.

Cheers

Hi Expat1967,

- AutoLotSize false

- KLotSize false

- DoubleLots false

James

Hi James,

I'm use this ea in Gbpusd M15

http://www.4shared.com/file/cenyl1Rm/indo_run_setbacktest.html

this is my set file (news filter true) and backtest when news filter false, because with FFCal can't backtest, but I'm sure if the results would be different. in set file, i setting for trading time from 20.00 to 09.00 (GMT). Do not forget to change GMTOffset to your broker time. But, i like to use Trading24h true, because decisions on human remains. i running this ea 20.00 and stop 09.00.

I set fix lot size because i use copy trade from demo acc to live acc, with different broker. I use a broker with fixed spreads for a demo account, This makes it easy to work this ea and minimizing the detection of brokers about characteristics ea in live account. I think with $1000 account balance and leverage 1:500 can to use lot 0.1, trading time 20.00 - 09.00 with news filter true is a safe, or you can calculate if you use another leverage.

Because i use copy trade for live acc, i set lot size manually in copy trade ea according increas in equity,,,,,again,,,decisions on human remains

joseromano

Hi Expat1967,

Really appreciate your quick answer, it is a great efforts of you answering us while you are busy working on your successful EA.

I would be thankful if you give a small idea about the Klot and how it works ?

**Would you be more kind to please explain how basket 1 & 2 & 3 works ?!!

Again thanks in advance for all your wonderful efforts

Arto

Edited by aroman

Hi, Expat 1967,

I'm demoing IndoRun 1.4o with conservative setting, sometime it open buy and sell order at the same time. In this time, there are 2 open positions : buy 0.1 lot at 2010.11.18 17: 00 and sell 0.1 lot at 2010.11.18.18:11 ( Fxpro : GMT+2 ), 2 these positions still be held up to now with the total profit $13 . Is there anything wrong with them ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks a lot

Hi James,

I'm use this ea in Gbpusd M15

http://www.4shared.com/file/cenyl1Rm/indo_run_setbacktest.html

this is my set file (news filter true) and backtest when news filter false, because with FFCal can't backtest, but I'm sure if the results would be different. in set file, i setting for trading time from 20.00 to 09.00 (GMT). Do not forget to change GMTOffset to your broker time. But, i like to use Trading24h true, because decisions on human remains. i running this ea 20.00 and stop 09.00.

I set fix lot size because i use copy trade from demo acc to live acc, with different broker. I use a broker with fixed spreads for a demo account, This makes it easy to work this ea and minimizing the detection of brokers about characteristics ea in live account. I think with $1000 account balance and leverage 1:500 can to use lot 0.1, trading time 20.00 - 09.00 with news filter true is a safe, or you can calculate if you use another leverage.

Because i use copy trade for live acc, i set lot size manually in copy trade ea according increas in equity,,,,,again,,,decisions on human remains

joseromano

Thanks,

in the tester does not open a orders, why?