Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

hXXp://[email protected]/file/eg2cvoz9qwczlsj/Gridzilla-V7D%7E-democured.mq4

Vladimir was faster :) Good!

Vladimir, like berusnet said there was nothing about time limit, did you found something about? and cured it?

Because in my file the change is only for these two point of control for demo/real...

:) I have not found the time limit, our files are identical.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) I have not found the time limit, our files are identical.

I don't think it has time limit. I had this EA since 2008 and it never expired. I am using it on live on/off since then. However, as I noted above, there is a little difference running this between demo and live. I don't know what would cause of time entry doesn't work on live account and works on demo account.

hello, the last two days EURUSD was in range, it will be interesting to see how it behaves in a strong trend day, maybe in the next few hours if eurusd decides to continue the travel to 1.2610- 1.2475 :D
EA seems to adjust as price moving up/down. Some how, EA has built-in to adjust ranging and trending. However, if you enter your own Pivot Point (this is your own midline price, not Pivot Point that we normally think), it will not adjust automatically. I am sure like any other strategy, this (drawdown) maybe the one of the 'cons' of the grid strategy. However, I've trade Grid method long time and this is the best I've ever seen. It's really smart EA.

You don't thinl that the stop loss is too far? Take profit only 100 pips? (it's 10 pips for trend 5 pips counter trend, not 100 pips). Please make sure you use correct SL/TP. It's all in the document from the website.

I try it but often, this kind of EA loss money with this difference to take profit and stop loss..

Depense of market...volatility not volatility...but if we take 5 stop loss togheter is difficoult for our account.

I first thought so too. but we are targetting very small movement and every pip open trade will close quickly. Couple of danglers will be either take loss at the end when reach total net profit or it will close individually when hitting SL. But, if you are not comfortable trading with wide SL, you can adjust it. It's optional. I normally set drastic SL when I trade and not tight SL. So, this works for me. Edited by fx4_ever

EA seems to adjust as price moving up/down. Some how, EA has built-in to adjust ranging and trending. However, if you enter your own Pivot Point (this is your own midline price, not Pivot Point that we normally think), it will not adjust automatically. I am sure like any other strategy, this (drawdown) maybe the one of the 'cons' of the grid strategy. However, I've trade Grid method long time and this is the best I've ever seen. It's really smart EA.

thanks for the clarification, I thought, after watching your reports, that you were following it from just 2 days :)

hXXp://[email protected]/file/r4r1ss0z7v79fb9/Gridzilla-V7D%7E-democured-nohibernation.mq4

it will not hibernate after the goal achieved ...

but try with your set file starting on 2010.05.06....

perhaps it is better to stay in manual control...

:)

edit: forgot: in order to continue you must set the "Run time" what you wish (in hours)

Edited by musketeer

hXXp://[email protected]/file/r4r1ss0z7v79fb9/Gridzilla-V7D%7E-democured-nohibernation.mq4

it will not hibernate after the goal achieved ...

but try with your set file starting on 2010.05.06....

perhaps it is better to stay in manual control...

edit: forgot: in order to continue you must set the "Run time" what you wish (in hours)

Thank you very much musketeer! May I ask what is all been modified?

it will not hibernate after the goal is achieved but continue trading

the only auto-stop is setting of Run time - if you put 9999999999 it will trade endlessly or (per user guide) 0 = continuous

edit: if the original code is correct...

edit2: from the user guide: RunTime 24 (Number of hours you wish Gridzilla to run. 0=continuous)

Edited by musketeer

it will not hibernate after the goal is achieved but continue trading

the only auto-stop is setting of Run time - if you put 9999999999 it will trade endlessly or (per user guide) 0 = continuous

edit: if the original code is correct...

edit2: from the user guide: RunTime 24 (Number of hours you wish Gridzilla to run. 0=continuous)

Thanks, I will test it out. I am wondering if you are able to tell

1) if it will continue trading once profit target reached and close all pending orders and opened orders, then, re-start the session

2) or it will just continue keep opening from the previous settings.

It has to be #1. When EA reaches profit goal (let's say $200.00), at that time, it will be some open orders and many pending orders. EA must close-all and start from fresh. Just like I would do it manually. Otherwise (if #2), then, continuation will be same as setting the goal target = $100000+ and runtime = 0 . In this case, EA as is will continue trading.

fx4_eveр, perhaps you need to set higher number in NumberOfCycles...

I will drop it until you confirm that there is sense to do more BT... For me - it seems to blown the acc in any case. I know you did used it with success but that is like lucky than reliable ea (method).

(I hope I am wrong ...)

Hi:

Number of cycle, I set to 4. However, it depends on how quickly your profit target hits. example: if you are in the first cycle and hit your target, it doesn't trade anymore even if you set it to 4. Creators of this EA (per their website), they suggest we trade at 12:00 EST - 6:00PM EST (mostly 1/2 of US session). However, my experience, it works on all hours. BUT, it's best to turn it on after the news. If your EA has been running and have opened orders, if you are in small positive/negative, it's best to close all and wait for the news.

My method is, I use just simple bollinger band to spot ranging and trending. Good things about trading Grid is, you do not have to be precise. If you can guesstimate roughly these ranges, EA makes money. I use BB and Starc band breakout (something that I learned from taking seminar sometime ago).

Grid strategy should never just run 24/7. I think little bit of chart study and maintenance of EA, you can make money far easier than any other strategy in my opinion. Same for the martingale system. Most of people get into trouble when they just run the EA without studying the chart. Just my 2cents :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/4rzyif.png

Hi:

Number of cycle, I set to 4. However, it depends on how quickly your profit target hits. example: if you are in the first cycle and hit your target, it doesn't trade anymore even if you set it to 4. Creators of this EA (per their website), they suggest we trade at 12:00 EST - 6:00PM EST (mostly 1/2 of US session). However, my experience, it works on all hours. BUT, it's best to turn it on after the news. If your EA has been running and have opened orders, if you are in small positive/negative, it's best to close all and wait for the news.

My method is, I use just simple bollinger band to spot ranging and trending. Good things about trading Grid is, you do not have to be precise. If you can guesstimate roughly these ranges, EA makes money. I use BB and Starc band breakout (something that I learned from taking seminar sometime ago).

Grid strategy should never just run 24/7. I think little bit of chart study and maintenance of EA, you can make money far easier than any other strategy in my opinion. Same for the martingale system. Most of people get into trouble when they just run the EA without studying the chart. Just my 2cents :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/4rzyif.png

sure fx4_ever :)

I've running few ea's and monitor 24 hrs a day...

one of them is martingale, and perhaps second candidate I have...

but I still do prefer eas that survive all of the time - it will not disturb me to monitor and manage again 24 hrs

Bollinger band: MT4 comes with it: Settings: period = 20, deviation = 2, applied to = closed

Starc Band: you can download indicator here: http://www.greattradingsystems.com/STARC+Bands-metatraderindicator

Settings for Starc Band that I use:MA_Period=5 ATR_Period=18; KATR=2; Shift=1;

Method: When BB (either upper band of lower band) start to come into Starc band, market is going into ranging. Opposite for Trending. When BB (either upper or lower band) is coming out of Starc band, it is trending.

How to use this method on Grid? You can draw the line and see if you want to trade Trending method or Counter Trend or both. Most of the time, BB is going in and out of Starc Band (you can visually see this. Also, you can draw the line pretty much straight across) - like above image orange box and red box area, you can set the EA mode=0 (counter trend and trend mode). If BB is start to coming out of it, you close-all and re-set EA to trend, but you have to indicate your Pivot point (midline) in EA's setting. ** This Pivot Point is not same way that we think daily PP. I think it is the Anchor line where you want to draw the line for EA to trend around this line. But, this is hour chart and it will last quite a few hours when it is in ranging or mix mode. So, you can make most of money during this time. You don't have to run EA 24/7 to make good money. Just 3 days ago, EA opened/closed 177 orders and gave me 885 pips. So, it's not that complicate process. The question is; Are you willing to cut the losses once in awhile? I think that is the most important part of Grid Trading. If I have so many Long orders and price is going down, I think I better off close-all with losses and start trading with trend. I can make that money back in no time. I am still learning on every settings on this EA, so if anyone have good interpretation, please share. Thanks,

Edited by fx4_ever

Wouldn't it be better to have one EA, usable on 4 and 5 digits?

Here's the code to do just that. It's in the MQL website and others. It's in some EAs which have include it as well.

double g_point_368;

int init() {

if (Point == 0.00001) g_point_368 = 0.0001;

else {

if (Point == 0.001) g_point_368 = 0.01;

else g_point_368 = Point;

}

return (0);

}

Use this to cater for 4 or 5 digit pricing. Use at init() procedure. Replace Poit with g_point_368 or any appropriate variable name.

The line with 0.001 is for those pairs with 2 decimals such as EURJPY, USDJPY, XAGUSD etc.

Here's the code to do just that. It's in the MQL website and others. It's in some EAs which have include it as well.

double g_point_368;

int init() {

if (Point == 0.00001) g_point_368 = 0.0001;

else {

if (Point == 0.001) g_point_368 = 0.01;

else g_point_368 = Point;

}

return (0);

}

Use this to cater for 4 or 5 digit pricing. Use at init() procedure. Replace Poit with g_point_368 or any appropriate variable name.

The line with 0.001 is for those pairs with 2 decimals such as EURJPY, USDJPY, XAGUSD etc.

Some of us do not know how to change it in the code. Would you mind updating the EA for us please? I think I got it, but I know very little coding (just enough to be dangerous. :)) ) and I am not confident enough to post EA that were modified by me.

Edited by fx4_ever

I'm trying to aud usd, and it seems

interesting.

I have to see how it behaves in those

days extremely nervous, for example

similar to those we saw last

April when there was the problem of Greece.

Unfortunately it is difficult for an EA earnings at each stage of the market, I just hope that loses little in phases in which the market suffers.