Cable Run from Profitable FX

@ pipmaster: I've been demoing my own mods since Oct 12th with 3 instances of CR tekno, one of which is the latest FFCal version I put up. Starting balance was $10k. I'm trading all 3 very carefully and in 7 days, the total profit is sitting at $1312.08 with open trades at only -$29.19

In case y'all are curious, two of the instances are the CableMuruku24H_teknomage version, one with the best preset#3 and the other with Muruku's original settings. The 3rd instance is CableMuruku24H_teknomage2_FFCal with its default settings.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had much success with this EA lately? The last week I've been using it the performance hasn't been very good. Just iinterested to know others results?

I've had success and concern with this EA. Had most success with V5 still but I don't really like how it has a lot of trades open. Latest teknomage version shows potential in the fact that it opens trades then has them close in a short period of time. I like the close quarter strategy where a basket of trades are open only being 1.7/1.8 pips apart. I like how the latest tekno version opens and closes trades asap. I'm playing with settings @-)

I've been demoing V5 with USDCHF with success. This currency pair is much more stable. Still many trades can get open but DD no where near as bad as GBP/USD.

Edited by tomislav

Hi every body (witam) I am new here and this is my first comment.

Fist off alla I want to thanks for the sharing and all other effort well done :)

I am forward testing the V5 vs CR24htek on the same account and my notice is that the IncLot on CR24h did not work as it supose to be (I understand it should be 1,2,3,4 and so on but it just open 1,2,2,2,)

Am I right ?

Looks like GU tanked again today after the Medium level news. By the way, guys, I've noticed that the FFCal indi seems to be off the mark by an hour (atleast on my system). If you have a similar problem and want to correct it, first drag and drop the FFCal indi itself onto a chart. Change the OffsetHours parameter in FFCal to 1 (or -1). Then, compare the mins displayed by the FFCal indi with the FF calendar at http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php (make sure you set the default time zone to GMT instead of EST)

If there's still a discrepancy, adjust OffsetHours until you get it right. Once you determine the correct value for OffsetHours, you will need to edit the code in FFCal and set this value permanently. The original line is : extern int OffsetHours = 0;

In my case, i changed it to : extern int OffsetHours = 1;

Once you're done, hit Compile so that you can make this change permanent. That way, the latest CableRun FFCal mod will work the way it's supposed to.

Note: I noticed that there have been 73 downloads of the latest mod. Where are all these people?? C'mon lurkers!! Even if you dont give kudos, atleast share your demo or testing results!!!

Hi, now on $14,500 with approx $1,500 open trades, up $4,500 after 7 trading days and various versions and settings. UJ and GU currently aligned to hedge each other so looking good to survive for awhile longer.

I think the settings for each pair should be set so that GU opens a new trade every 10 to 15 pips while UJ and USDCHF are around every 5 pips. I'm thinking something like 1/20th of average daily range.

Technomage, could you explain simply the logic of closing trades. Does the EA take each trade individually or does it treat them as a basket.

tks

Peter

Cool approach, peterke! If you could please share your settings for both pairs here, that'd be cool!

The way the EA closes trades depends on the trigger decided by ProfitMode you select. ProfitModes 0 and 1 are based on individual trades (pips & dollar value respectively), while ProfitModes 2 & 3 treat them as a collective basket. I prefer using mode 2 coz the Profit is calculated in pips, and like i mentioned before, this will be independent of the lot value you use...

Hi, now on $14,500 with approx $1,500 open trades, up $4,500 after 7 trading days and various versions and settings. UJ and GU currently aligned to hedge each other so looking good to survive for awhile longer.

I think the settings for each pair should be set so that GU opens a new trade every 10 to 15 pips while UJ and USDCHF are around every 5 pips. I'm thinking something like 1/20th of average daily range.

Technomage, could you explain simply the logic of closing trades. Does the EA take each trade individually or does it treat them as a basket.

tks

Peter

I found this ATR pips indicator in my collection from this thread and noticed that it has a line of coding different from the ATR pips indicators from recent posts. Can teknomage or anyone else knowledgeable in MQL tell us if it would actually make any difference?

Here: http://www.4shared.com/file/oA12ctOQ/ATR_Pips.html

Edited by tomislav

Hi Expat 1967,

I'm currently using your IndoRun 1.2f , I have some questions :

1. Is there any update from the 1.2f version ?

2. Can you please explain me how the EA places (and cancels)new orders related to ATR settngs?

I mean , I understood the EA places order when the 3 ATR periods (i.e.current bar+3 bars ago+5 bars ago) are staying toghether inside the defined ATR range ; if this condition is satisfied the EA sends two opposite limit orders (sell at present value + step;buy at present value -step) ; this procedure should be refreshed for every new 15 m bar (the ATR TF) in order to check if the primary condition continues to be satisfied after the shifting 1 bar for each ATR period and also to consider the last price that should be used to generate new limit orders.. I was supposing the EA would work this way, but ,when backtesting, I've seen the same(in values) limit orders active till the first execution (in some cases even after many hours).

3. Currently the Ea doesn't take care,after the first contract's execution,

about the ATR variations and it gives us many troubles when the ATR rapidly increases and "escapes" out from the channel. The current logic works using fixed steps (usually 17 pips) that can be appropriate for the 7/12 ATR channel but inadeguate for a 18-25 ATR value. What do you think about linking the current ATR value with the step's value?

For example raising the step value equals to the ATR increase?

Not sure if this could be part of cable run, or should be new strategy .... won't be pair specific , looking to break even on ranging markets, buy/sell with the trend, ... takes grid, martingale into consideration ...

lets say place pending order 20 pips from price, each order ... if price goes up 20 ... buy 1(tp20, no sl), goes up another 20 buy 1 (tp20, no sl) ... same for sell ,

now if price goes up and you buy 1, then goes back down 20 (-20), sell 2 (tp 20, no sl) if reaches tp close both at breakeven , then sell 1 (tp 20, no sl) .. same in other direction. Problem would be when price range ... continuing from previous if sell 2 , and price goes back up to initial buy then buy 3 (tp 20, no sl) ... if reach tp close at break even, then buy 1 (tp 20, no sl) ... keep doing till get to daily range ...

Hope this makes sense, if can be part of cablerun good, otherwise that fine will have to see if someone can create ea for it.

I finally added the feature, as requested by Tom mainly. Here is the latest version 3, with FFCal News filter and Reverse Trades:

hxxp://[email protected]/file/GG0QchLQ/CM24H_tekno3_FFCalReverseTrade.html

The ReverseTrades parameter has to be changed manually, especially if you see a strong trend developing. When trades are reversed, Stop orders are placed instead of Limit orders. By the way, these are the new parameters:

ReverseTrades: 0 for Normal trading (default) or set to 1, in order for the EA to place reverse trades at your discretion.

AllowOnlyRevTradesDuringNews: Since AvoidNews is true by default, then ANY trading (Normal and Reverse) will be stopped. But if you set this parameter AllowOnlyRevTradesDuringNews to true when AvoidNews is true, then Normal trades will be stopped but ReverseTrades will be allowed during a News release. I added this, so that you can take advantage (with Reverse trades) during the trends that develop after the News.

NewsOffset: Seems to be required for FFCal news filter. Default is 1. I've already explained why, in a previous post #684.

PLEASE test this EA thoroughly before trading it live. Will wait to hear from y'all regarding your experiences. Need I say KUDOS!

Very nice. I like how all the time details of the news events are displayed on the log chart. To use the news filter one should visit http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php and adjust accordingly. I've turned my daylight savings on my computer off and it just makes things simple as GMT and most broker times don't change with daylight savings anyhow. You've out done yourself teknomage... :-bd Off to demo.

One question... trade Fridays... 0=no 1=yes? Is that right?

P.S Adios Amigos!

Edited by tomislav

Hi Expat 1967,

I'm currently using your IndoRun 1.2f , I have some questions :

1. Is there any update from the 1.2f version ?

2. Can you please explain me how the EA places (and cancels)new orders related to ATR settngs?

I mean , I understood the EA places order when the 3 ATR periods (i.e.current bar+3 bars ago+5 bars ago) are staying toghether inside the defined ATR range ; if this condition is satisfied the EA sends two opposite limit orders (sell at present value + step;buy at present value -step) ; this procedure should be refreshed for every new 15 m bar (the ATR TF) in order to check if the primary condition continues to be satisfied after the shifting 1 bar for each ATR period and also to consider the last price that should be used to generate new limit orders.. I was supposing the EA would work this way, but ,when backtesting, I've seen the same(in values) limit orders active till the first execution (in some cases even after many hours).

3. Currently the Ea doesn't take care,after the first contract's execution,

about the ATR variations and it gives us many troubles when the ATR rapidly increases and "escapes" out from the channel. The current logic works using fixed steps (usually 17 pips) that can be appropriate for the 7/12 ATR channel but inadeguate for a 18-25 ATR value. What do you think about linking the current ATR value with the step's value?

For example raising the step value equals to the ATR increase?

Yes, I am working on it further and currently have version 1.3o on Live going strong. I might share later once tested and burned in.

1.2f was a starting point which I shared mainly as base to check on the startegy back and forward. It works best on 24h mode without any interuptions. I have sorted some bugs since and surely added various options e.g. last price call. Linking ATR value to Step might be a thing to try ;) Let me add it to my list.

Cheers

Thanks mate! Yup, that's right,

I'm gonna take a long-needed break for sometime. Looking forward to expat's release next. Ciao for now!

Very nice. I like how all the time details of the news events are displayed on the log chart. To use the news filter one should visit http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php and adjust accordingly. I've turned my daylight savings on my computer off and it just makes things simple as GMT and most broker times don't change with daylight savings anyhow. You've out done yourself teknomage... :-bd Off to demo.

One question... trade Fridays... 0=no 1=yes? Is that right?

Expat1967,

thanks for the answer ,may I ask you to share your 1.3 version ?

I'm working live with your 1.2 version plus a specific EA that ,exclusively ,takes care of the executed orders management (TP and SL),would be nice to test the 1.3 with this specific option.

May you take a look to this short backtest ? (26.20 profit factor, 5% DD), it's a confirmation of what I've said in my previous post.

http://hotfile.com/dl/77367976/932b765/1.rar.html .

I think there must be a relation between different ATRs TF and the trading hours where they are applied; this can be measurable comparing at the numbers of martingale trades the EA does under different ATRs/steps configurations.

Also , using ATRs we are looking at the absolute values , the original C****R** uses Bollinger Bands that looks at the relative values ; two different glasses for the same truth.......

Cheers

look's like the CR V3, but the code still look's stupid, the dll parameter returns make me a laugh...

also, the code contribution make the CR seller quote the higher price...

hmm.. should we continue to be hero or heroine?

Edited by muruku