Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone getting an error from the FFCal.mq4 indicator which causes the platform to crash?

I really don't understand what's going on, but the error comes from the Shocker... I'm shocked.

The crash box also says "web page download was not completed".

Any hints? I still find the Shocker to be extremely profitable, would be a pity to throw it away... but it crashes everything right now.

Is anyone getting an error from the FFCal.mq4 indicator which causes the platform to crash?

I really don't understand what's going on, but the error comes from the Shocker... I'm shocked.

The crash box also says "web page download was not completed".

Any hints? I still find the Shocker to be extremely profitable, would be a pity to throw it away... but it crashes everything right now.

This FFCal error has nothing to do with your EA. It simply means the the XML data feed FFCal uses to retrieve news data

string	sUrl = "http://cloud.forexfactory.com/ffcal_week_this.xml";

is not working - or more specifically it has been changed by Forex Factory.

If you scroll to the blue banner at the bottom of any of their pages you will see a link for "RSS Feeds".

That will take you to the XML feed page where is you look at the bottom you will see "Calendar Resources" and most importantly "Weekly Output".

That URL now looks like

http://cdn.forexfactory.com/ffcal_week_this.xml

You should be able to see the XML by just entering the URL in your browser and if it's working just make a copy of the original line in the .mq4 file, comment out the old one and with your new line substitute the old URL for this new one and recompile.

It's my guess that because of the heavy traffic this feed receives ... FF decided to host it on a CDN (Content Delivery Network) like Akamai for example.

I'm just waiting for them to take notice and fix it.

I have disabled all EA's for now that depend on FFCal.

If your platform is crashing this is not the reason. You should pay attention to the system resources you MT4 platform is consuming and how much you have available as a possibility.

stop_lo$$

Don't forget grooter's correction concerning the URL.

If you have never edited a mq4 file be sure to:

1. Shut down the MT4 platform.

2. Browse to your FFCal file under that particular MT4 Installation->experts->indicators

3. Make the appropriate change and recompile/save.

4. Reopen MT4 and you should be o.k.

Concerning your system resources. You have not specified anything about your operating system or RAM/CPU so it's hard to make any suggestions.

Assuming you are a windows user. Use your task manager to (accessed via CTL-ALT-DEL key press combo) and you should see a "Processes" and "Performance" tab

that will tell you how much memory for example terminal.exe *32 is consuming.

Under the "Performance" tab you should see how much CPU and Memory your system is consuming overall.

You will have to do some research on the internet to find out how to optimize your system to meet your needs.

I can only tell you that running two installations of MT4 with multiple EA's on a VPN server with 1GB or ram ... I try not to exceed 40K per MT4 installation.

If you do not have a dedicated VPN or always on machine for EA's then this or limited resources / CPU power may possibly be your issue.

You will have to do you own research on the issue or ask a local computer geek for assistance.

my shocker version always write on my log 21:26:05 Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1 EURUSD,M15: Spread is too high

21:26:05 Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1 EURUSD,M15: Spread is too high

when the spread is to high...

so I have huge log file !! do you also have the same issue ? how to disable to write it every second in the log ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made some heavvy backtesting and found out some rules ... On summer time (DST On) You shoud check Your brokers GMT offset (set it auto on EA and write it down) ... now You should switch to Manual and subtrack 1 from Your brokers GMT offset ... so If You have broker GMT offset 2 then set manually to 1 etc. ... winter time You could leave it be or switch it back to AUTO ... anyway my test with 99% modelling quality and real account results show that trading Hours for Shocker are best 21 - 22 (GMT) in Summer with DST and 21- 23 in Winter (GMT) ... this works with EURUSD, USDCHF ... for GBPUSD You should use only 21-22 GMT meaning set it manually Your brokers GMT offset -1

For EURCHF best results are GMT 19 - 23 GMT ... subtract from broker offset - 1 to - 3 .... currently should use it on demo only, because CHF is not performig as it should ...

For EURGBP use broker offset -1 (lower risk) ... USDCAD may be set AUTO (no other results are better)

Spread for testing was EURUSD 2; USDCHF 2 and 3; GBPUSD 2 and 3; USDCAD 3; EURCHF 3; EURGBP 2 or 3; These should be maximum spreads, because higher spreads are going to kill Your account or break-even

there are few other pairs (high profit), that are even better than those 6, but You should find it out Yourselves

Regards

Edited by krisware

• 2 weeks later...