Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ffcalc indicator throws up this error message: "Web page download was not complete!"

Anyone has a solution for this?

i suppose your internet is working for that broker.

Make sure that you're using the ffcal that is together with the shocker n1, as some old ones or even newer have an old site where they download their news.

Also, check again today. Yesterday was sunday and that error happens when there is no news for the week. it might not have been updated.

Not able to conduct a backtest, there is this message on journal: Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1 EURUSD,M15: Alert: Please allow expert advisors

does anyone know how to resolve?

thank you/

if (IsExpertEnabled() == FALSE) {

Alert("Please allow expert advisors");

I think you have expert advisors off. Click on the button that says expert advisors and/or check your broker tools/options

i suppose your internet is working for that broker.

Make sure that you're using the ffcal that is together with the shocker n1, as some old ones or even newer have an old site where they download their news.

Also, check again today. Yesterday was sunday and that error happens when there is no news for the week. it might not have been updated.

Thanks dinj for the reply, but still no luck. yes i deleted the old ffcalc ex file and installed your, but still getting the same error with this further message in the journal:

2010.06.30 21:32:07 FFCal: empty string parameter for FileWriteString function

Thanks dinj for the reply, but still no luck. yes i deleted the old ffcalc ex file and installed your, but still getting the same error with this further message in the journal:

2010.06.30 21:32:07 FFCal: empty string parameter for FileWriteString function

It's really hard to tell what that is, as i'm not very familiar with that.

From what i read, FileWriteString writes some text on a file. That text, in this case, is the text that it was downloaded from the internet: the news. The file is a file that it writes on your mt4 folder\experts\files, the news files, i think it's a xml file. When it says empty string it's probably because it didn't get anything from the internet, which is weird.

The way it gets stuff from internet is the same way all the robots who have autoGMT do: using the wininit.dll file, a windows file.

Now, something along the way must have gone wrong, a problem on that file, you're running linux, i don't know if it uses internet explorer or what...

Check on your mt4 folder\experts\files and check if there is any file there related with news, like for example, 5-26-2010-USDCHF60-FFCal.xml

If there is, open it and check if it has something, if it has been successful before. It's hard to say. Also, and this might do it, try to run your broker with windows administrator previleges (right-click, Run as Administrator)

My testing so far this week has been a little discouraging. 8 trades, 1 loss, that loss being large enough to negate the 7 other wins and resulting in near breakeven. This is probably a profitable robot but I dont think the 4 pip default TP in relation to the 30-40 pip SL creates an appealing RR profile. I think, although havent yet tested it, that possibly a push up of the TP to 10 might make this robot fare as well as megadroid. Esp since its supposedly a cousin of that robot. Its just a hassel "as-is" to set up a test of that theory because the only way to edit the TP is to set logic to 0 and edit each separate pair and re-inputting all the individual logics for the 6 pairs in, one by one. Would be nice if the TP and SL parameters were universal. But, still, great work on this ea. Hopefully someone will take a look at whether or not the risk/reward profile for this robot can be improved with the extended features you've enabled, dinj.

You're right about that. Even avoiding news, there have to be almost perfect conditions to be profitable, like a nice broker with nice spreads, few requotings and only on the best pairs. Btw, which pair did you get a stop loss this week on? I'm only running eurusd, gbpusd and usdchf and didn't get on those.

About changing tp and sl to be in an universal way, making it simple, just open the mq4 file, find this:

else gd_320 = 4.0;

and change it to

else gd_320 = TakeProfit;

that should do it fo the takeprofit to be universal.

As for the stoploss, i don't recommend as each pair has a very different stoploss, but if you want, it should be easy as well.

dinj, thanks for that insight. Excellent points, all of them. I can almost hear "I told you so" in your voice *chuckles* and from other threads, since I hit SL on EURCHF, and as someone that is aware that the three pairs you mentioned are the only pairs that Rio and others suggest have faired well in recent months for shocker, I probably shouldn't even be trading EURCHF... *but* I figured the news filter might have changed things so that those other pairs could turn around... apparently thats not an accurate assumption, lol!!!

I still maintain, however, that a TP of 8 or 10 could make the losses on pairs such as EURCHF more tolerable.

BTW, dinj -- could "else gd_320 = 4.0" be changed to "else gd_320 = 10.0" or any other numeric value, for that matter, to accomplish a similar hard coded end result?

Edited by noziggity81

noziggity81,

basically, right before that else, it askes if the logic=0. If it is, then it uses whatever value is set on TakeProfit.

Then on the else it kind of says: if the logic is not 0, then use the default value of 4. If you put 10, then the takeprofit is 0 everytime the logic is not 0.

Likewise, if you put =TakeProfit, then in both cases it would use the value on TakeProfit.

So yeah, that's the place where you hardcode the value you want for take profit.

Hello dinj,

I do have a question for , it´s not related to shocker, but I think it will be interessting... :-)

after reviewing so many lines of codes, which robot is in your opinion the most reliable in terms of profit and drawdown? Fell free to do a ranking of the 5 best ones. THANKS!

Hello dinj,

I do have a question for , it´s not related to shocker, but I think it will be interessting... :-)

after reviewing so many lines of codes, which robot is in your opinion the most reliable in terms of profit and drawdown? Fell free to do a ranking of the 5 best ones. THANKS!

Hi chimera

You shouldn't trust me with that. I haven't read that many lines of code as i wish. Not many months ago and i didn't know any line of code.

It's hard to recomend you 5. Money management and choosing the best pairs is half your strategy. Every robot can and will have winning trades, so all you have to do is reduce and/or avoid the losses.

Having said that I like megadroid and robominer a lot. Shocker and caliberfx have been alright until now. Then kain, primeval, multivers and evolution for me are 50-50s. I'm sure there are others good, but i can't test all of them.

Edited by dinj

Guest blaster
Hi chimera

You shouldn't trust me with that. I haven't read that many lines of code as i wish. Not many months ago and i didn't know any line of code.

It's hard to recomend you 5. Money management and choosing the best pairs is half your strategy. Every robot can and will have winning trades, so all you have to do is reduce and/or avoid the losses.

Having said that I like megadroid and robominer a lot. Shocker and caliberfx have been alright until now. Then kain, primeval, multivers and evolution for me are 50-50s. I'm sure there are others good, but i can't test all of them.

hi ,Dinj:) it's very intersting ,"if it could chang the code to run for all day (24hours) that's mustbe nice "an friend told to me .

hi ,Dinj:) it's very intersting ,"if it could chang the code to run for all day (24hours) that's mustbe nice "an friend told to me .

Don't need. You can do it. Just put logic=0, use the parameters for the pair you're using. If you don't know, check the graph that came in the zip file.

Then, on Hour_Start_Time put 0 and Hour_End_Time put 24, it will trade 24hours.

Give it a try and post if your friend was right if you test it.

Guest blaster
Don't need. You can do it. Just put logic=0, use the parameters for the pair you're using. If you don't know, check the graph that came in the zip file.

Then, on Hour_Start_Time put 0 and Hour_End_Time put 24, it will trade 24hours.

Give it a try and post if your friend was right if you test it.

thanks .DinJ! i tesed it at the moment .it's very nice:) .but i don't how to present my friend's idea .

• 2 weeks later...
Morning all, someone can post if this ea is profitable?

Thanks in advance...

Yes , i use this modified version (live) with good results .

Just a suggestion, don't forget to use the defined logic for all pairs:

EURUSD=1 GBPUSD=2 USDCF=3 EURCHF=4 EURGBP=5 USDCAD=6

I tested with logic 0 and changed take profit, and i had several SL :((

Defaut settings and this robot works fine :-bd

Low SL, good risk ratio, what else ?8-)

hi dider -- can you elaborate? how long have you been testing it? What kind of results are you getting? My short test wasn't as impressive as megadroid, so im nervous about putting t live.

Yes , i use this modified version (live) with good results .

Just a suggestion, don't forget to use the defined logic for all pairs:

EURUSD=1 GBPUSD=2 USDCF=3 EURCHF=4 EURGBP=5 USDCAD=6

I tested with logic 0 and changed take profit, and i had several SL :((

Defaut settings and this robot works fine :-bd

Low SL, good risk ratio, what else ?8-)