Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing !!

I want to know which shocker is more profitable ? Original shocker? Or this shocker2.0XE-N1?

And which is safer? Does anyone know? What do u think?

I may use default settings about both of two.

If Original is better, I may buy original one.

Please tell me....

Great! Thanks dinj

After a reasonable(ok) performance of Forex Shocker on my live account, I decided to mod it and add news filter.

The version in question is 2.0, nodll, found on this forum. I'm not sure who educated it.

The only broker I have been able to work it or backtest it on, is JadeFX. At first I thought it was weird, but after some months I thought it might have something to do with the GMT offset.

I looked into the code and found a major bug that only allowed it to work on gmt offset=0 and 1, on some pairs

I fixed it and it should now be able to work and be backtested on any broker.

Another bug I found was about the timed closing, also knows as customlevels on fapturbo. What this does is, it closes the trade at a smaller profit, or small loss, after a certain time if it hasn't reached takeprofit yet. The bug only allowed it to work on 4-digit brokers. It's fixed now, even though I might have had more profits with it accidently off.

The news filter is exactly the same that I added to Megadroid, so no big deal.

Now notice I called it XE :D

About that, I added a couple of costumizable features.

Where you're supposed to choose the logic, I added a new option, which is 0=custom.

If you put 0, then you're able to custumize a whole bunch of features to the logic. And here they are:

-Timed_Closing: This is a general option for any logic. Putting this to false, it turns off those custom levels of, which close a trade in smaller profit if it hasn't been able to reach takeprofit after a while.

-News Filter - AvoidNews: This is pretty much the same as megadroid. Turn it on to not trade around news and specify which news and how long before and after.

-Logic: the same as the original but now you can choose 0 to specify your own parameters.

Advanced Settings: here they are.

-Hour_Start_Time and Hour_End_Time: Pretty obvious this one, from when till when you want it to open trades.

-TakeProfit: before, in all pairs, the take profit was always 4 pips. Now you can go wild on it if you want.

-StopLoss: before, the stoplosses ranged around 19-34 depending of the pair. Now you pick it.

-NN1, NN2... NN8: I have no idea what this values are really, but they have to do with the logic of opening a trade. On version 1 you could and had to change this values depending on each pair. The thing is, before there was only NN1- NN5 and they are exactly the same as in version 1. Now there are 3 more values (NN6,NN7,NN8), even though on every pair they seem to be the same values.

-Timed_Buy_TakeProfit: This might be a bit confusing. Remember the Timed_Closing or customlevels? This is to do with that. Here you decide which value of profit you want it to close a buy trade after a certain time.

-Timed_Sell_TakeProfit: The same but for sell/short trades.

-Minutes_Buy: Here you choose how many minutes after the trade opening you want to activate the Timed_Buy_TakeProfit.

-Minutes_Sell: Same, but for sells.

Here's an example for this last part. If you have Timed_Closing as true, Logic as 0, and let's say you are trading AUDUSD. It opens a buy trade at 22:15. Usually it tries to take profit of 4 pips. Let's say you have Timed_Buy_TakeProfit set to "-1" and Minutes_Buy to 75. This means, if after 75 minutes your trade is still open, then the takeprofit will be changed from 4 to -1. As an example, if it bought at 0.9000, the initial takeprofit was at 0.9004 and after 75minutes it will be changed to 0.8999 and the trade will close if the Bid price is equal or higher than that.

So that's it, I'm posting then the nodll version with the ffcal indicator that you have to put on indicators folder if you still don't have it. I'm also sending a picture with the settings for each of the original pairs. You don't need to input those values, as you just need to choose the logic for those original pairs, but it's usefull for your curiosity and if you wanna test differents value.

http://www.multiupload.com/2OHB9VE2ET

I just gave it a quick test and it seemed alright. If you find any bugs, post them here. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

I do not understand it, Forex Shocker, when the start and end time November to February in Alpari Uk , I understand Marc to Okt: 20-22GMT (I read in the manual: run only during the hours of 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST in USA GMT -4 March to Okt) , that is that 22-24 platform hours in alpari uk(GMT+2 when we use the daylight saving time in Alpari UK Marc to Okt), BUT November until February?? What is the setting? Also 20-22GMT -> 21-23 platform hours(GMT +1)? Or 4-6pm EST (GMT -5) --> 21-23GMT !!! --> 22-24 plarform hours such us March to Okt, and no change?

My quetsion: all year round(January-December) I run the forex shocker 20-22gmt or 4-6pm EST ? Because the EST(USA) time zone is March to Oktober GMT -4 (Daylight saving time) , but November to February gmt -5 !!

1.: I use start and end time 20-22 and use auto gmt offset TRUE, the forex shocker will be trading March to Oktober 22-24platform hours (Alpari Uk gmt +2) and 4-6pm EST (this is corrent) , but unfortunatelly November to February will be trading also 20-22gmt, but this is 21-23 platform hours(gmt +1) and only 3-5pm EST (gmt -5). This is not correct! Or yes?

2.: I use start and end time 22-24 and no not use auto gmt offset (FALSE), and forex scohcker will be trading all in year 4-6pm EST this is 22-24platform hours(Alprai uk) , but 20-22gmt march to october, and 21-23 gmt november to february.

Which is the correct setting? 1. or 2. ? HELP, please!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there somebody here? Very important the max spread settings, but not working!:( Last night the spread was 8-10.. , the maxspread setting is 3 , and shocker is working... Why? How can i fixed in Metaeditor to correct maxspead working?? Help, please!

Yeap, it does utterly nothn besides printing in the Journal...

Try replacing:

void MaxSpreadFilter() {

RefreshRates();

if (10000.0 * (Ask - Bid) > MaxSpread) {

Print("Spread is too high");

return;

}

}

with

bool MaxSpreadFilter() {

RefreshRates();

if (10000.0 * (Ask - Bid) > MaxSpread) {

Print("Spread is too high");

return(0);

}

return(1);

}

Then replace:

if (TradeSession() && AllowTrading)

with

if (TradeSession() && AllowTrading&&MaxSpreadFilter())

Then compile...

Cheers

Edited by expat1967

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1

Hi guys. Does this version work on a LIVE account? I tried on Demo, very promising results (no bad trades so far, good on backtests), Live it does not trade, such a shame. Any verification code needed?

Will it eventually work on a Real account? Thanks.

Edited by stop_lo$$