(REG): Oracle trader

Guest fpfpro

I can assure you that this will not work on a live account. Did you notice in the promo vids he did that it was a demo account he was using. The majority of brokers will fill you at or near the bottom of the spike. News spike trading has been dead for 5yrs. Dustin Pass is a scammer and has cost people a lot of money - it is well documented on the internet if you search. His old software was exactly the same and it was called RSS for Rapid Signal System or something like that. Felix Homogratis from Forex Peace Army did one as well called The Secret News Weapon. He stopped selling it at least a couple of years ago, because you simply cannot get a broker to fill you. The other one that used to be around was called Forex Muse. I don't know whether it's still around or not.

The bottom line is this...... two people will make a lot of money out of this software - Dustin Pass & your broker!

This is true, but still newbies will not listen.

The vendors are big and clever marketers and although the price is huge, some will fall into the trap.

I was there with Felix and Tom Yeomans in the live-trading room.

The only ones who made money were those 2, the subscribers lost money.

Platforms were freezing regularly at NFP and other big releases, spreads widened up to 120 Pips and more , slippage ..... all the stuff happened and we subscribers were busy with hunting brokers.

More and more people gave up due to losses and the whole thing died.

Now the same old thing comes up and finds new clients.

Forget it.

But we are talking to the wall only because newbies will not believe and will buy the stuff.

I agree, this type of trading will not work (it did work some time ago, but now it is history) and even if it did, it will be really brief as your broker will catch up. If you like news try Henry Liu's method and look at his videos, you will see that he almost never gets in on the spike. Idea is to wait for news (hopefully significant to move), let it spike, retrace and then enter at much better price than spike traders which will get filled at a very bad price. This way there should be no problem with brokers and much better fills.

• 2 months later...

I hate to disagree with many of you more experienced traders. My first experience with news trading was awesome, I increased my account by almost half. I did it manually based upon remarks telegraphed by Bernancke, so the market direction was a no-brainer. The only value I see in Dustin's Oracle trader is the live news feed and deviations he provides. Those are hugely important though, in that they determine the direction of market move and whether a person should trade at all. OCO orders are another option, but news can initially spike in the opposite direction, so your orders can get triggered in the wrong way. And too big a trigger means you lose most of the positive move. As for brokers, if you use an ECN-STP broker like thinkforex, you'll have instant executions, just so long as you enter BEFORE the market starts to move; otherwise yes, you could be skyrocketed to the top, very humpty-dumptyish.

If anyone knows how to participate in Oracle newsfeeds without the subscription fee, please share. You can still enter your newstrades to MT4 manually, and yes news trading does work, big-time.

If anyone knows how to participate in Oracle newsfeeds without the subscription fee, please share. You can still enter your newstrades to MT4 manually, and yes news trading does work, big-time.

here you go. you must fill out all the info and they will send software and password free

www.oracletrader.net/get.html?p=nanofx0&w=FOT

I hate to disagree with many of you more experienced traders. My first experience with news trading was awesome, I increased my account by almost half. I did it manually based upon remarks telegraphed by Bernancke, so the market direction was a no-brainer. The only value I see in Dustin's Oracle trader is the live news feed and deviations he provides. Those are hugely important though, in that they determine the direction of market move and whether a person should trade at all. OCO orders are another option, but news can initially spike in the opposite direction, so your orders can get triggered in the wrong way. And too big a trigger means you lose most of the positive move. As for brokers, if you use an ECN-STP broker like thinkforex, you'll have instant executions, just so long as you enter BEFORE the market starts to move; otherwise yes, you could be skyrocketed to the top, very humpty-dumptyish.

"My first experience with news trading was awesome, I increased my account by almost half" ... let's see if you can do it on a consistent basis :)

I pretty much blew my account from over-trading, not news-trading. As of right now I can't afford a newsfeed* to provide confirmed signals even a few minute before scheduled market moves. Beyond that, news trading works and is a "no brainer." If you have Dustin's (or anyone's) confirmed signals with deviations and an ECN-STP broker, you're in-like-Flint. None of your technicals will stand up to a major news event, you can throw your indicators out the window. I learned more in a month than many learn in years, too bad I didn't do it on demo money, but then it wouldn't have been as real.

Just get your order in a minute before scheduled release time, and know (don't guess) the market's direction.

*A free to users, forex newsfeed would be a real service to those who use this board. Air is also a valuable commodity, thankfully no gatekeepers charging for its use just yet, although there may be some future costs for exhaling.

Edited by germeten