Lindenc0urt & Syn3rgy EA's

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Halcyonn, Iwjw,

There now seems to be 3 Lindencourt based EAs - Daily, MX and FX. All 3 has the Linden Court Express copyright comments at the beginnng of the source code. Appreciate if it would be possible to distinguish the MX and FX EAs, perhaps with their respective designation, ie, Daily, MX or FX. Right now, we're only able to distinguish the Daily as Iwjw (much thanks!) had named the file appropriately as LindenCourtDaily. Thanks Halcyon for gathering the FX EA, Indicators and Presets into one post.

Hi Halcyonn, Iwjw,

There now seems to be 3 Lindencourt based EAs - Daily, MX and FX. All 3 has the Linden Court Express copyright comments at the beginnng of the source code. Appreciate if it would be possible to distinguish the MX and FX EAs, perhaps with their respective designation, ie, Daily, MX or FX. Right now, we're only able to distinguish the Daily as Iwjw (much thanks!) had named the file appropriately as LindenCourtDaily. Thanks Halcyon for gathering the FX EA, Indicators and Presets into one post.

Hi to all followers,

it's a bit tricky for the moment not to get confused with all the indis and eas

A few things are simply put together to see whether at least one of the LC systems could be successfully traded with an ea

The indicators instead should be helpfull, if coded correctly, and they all have their own unique filenames.

As for the ea it's simply a quick test. The LCexpress can be used for both systems FX and MX. You only have to choose the indi you want in the ea code. That's why there is only one EA that has to maintained in case of additional functionality or bug fixing

The daily robot got some other features and you can't use it for the FX/MX system by simply changing the name of the indi

Hope that makes it clearer

iwjw,

I have picked up a few issues not sure where it comes from. The EA opens trades based on the file or indy but it sometimes opens trades to its leasure. i am trying to figure out why it is doing this as my demo now also opened a sell on both EURUSD and GBPUSD 5m charts when it should not have opened any trade at all. There was a signal about an hour before for a Buy on both but it didn't open the trades. mmmm... some more debugging. I am at work at the moment so cannot really look at the EA but will have a look at it tonight to see if I can figure out why this is happening.

Ok Mods... Please just send me a PM and tell me why are my posts being moderated and deleted now all of a sudden. Thanks

Edit : Oh well seems it is working now again .

Anyway to iwjw,

Yes I have picked up with the one I am running that there is a few issues aswell. Seems like the EA is opening trades at random even though it is supposed to open on Signal from Indy, i just got sell trades on EURUSD & GBPUSD while no signal was given by Indy. The one I use still reads directly from file. Although half an hour before there was a Buy Signal but the EA did not respon to it. I will do some debugging when I am at home but if I run it in Backtest it works fine and opens trades as it should.

Edited by forexi

two trades today eurgbp long got stopped and gbpusd long just above 1.45 is in a bit of a drawdown,stop is 1.4469.

looking forward to any bug fixed version if there really are any bugs.

the gbpusd long had opened with a blue arrow i must add,so probably it was from indi and carried out by ea.

Edited by halcyonn

Ok Mods... Please just send me a PM and tell me why are my posts being moderated and deleted now all of a sudden. Thanks

Edit : Oh well seems it is working now again .

Anyway to iwjw,

Yes I have picked up with the one I am running that there is a few issues aswell. Seems like the EA is opening trades at random even though it is supposed to open on Signal from Indy, i just got sell trades on EURUSD & GBPUSD while no signal was given by Indy. The one I use still reads directly from file. Although half an hour before there was a Buy Signal but the EA did not respon to it. I will do some debugging when I am at home but if I run it in Backtest it works fine and opens trades as it should.

Hi forexi,

the ea only trades from file when running a backtest...not in demo trading even the indi still writes into the file.

My g/u trade - that ended with 19 pips profit by the way - could have been a result of switching the timeframe. I had my g/u running on M15 that what I knew isn't the best TF for g/u and switched to M30. That could have caused the error.

Another problem comes with the indi that takes values from the current open candle to generate a signal. That could lead to a repaint of the signal.

I've a modified version of the indicator that avoids this behaviour but I'm not sure how to publish it. Create a new package or upload the indi only?

There's still something wrong in the ea...I got two trades on the same candle on g/u M30

Right after hitting TP on the short the ea opened a new short at the price of TP

Should not have happened because only one trade/candle should automatically be ensured

Any1 else got two trades on same candle?

edit:

just saw it...I'm using an old version of LCExpress that polls the indicator tickwise

so no1 else should have had 2 trades on same candle

Edited by iwjw

A little hint:

I just saw in post#111 from halcyonn that he got a blue colored buy signal

Then you are trading the MX System with "Lindencourt MXFixed" indi

If you want to use the FX System you have to change the variable "indiName" in the .mq4 of the ea and compile

After compilation the settings are reset to the defaults!! So if you had your own settings or used a setfile you have to adjust all currency pairs you're running

Edited by iwjw

Hi iwjw

I've been following this thread for quite a while but haven't tested it yet.

Are you having good results?

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm a bit confused about what to set up and test. I'm still not sure if this is an indicator, ea, auto, semi-manual, and what is what. There has been several posts about several indicators and the word "systems". This has made me confused about if Lidencourt is an ea and what and how to set up. Also, there have been posts about buggy versions and updated.

Would you mind resuming how this ea works and/or if you have had testworthy results?

tks

Hi iwjw

I've been following this thread for quite a while but haven't tested it yet.

Are you having good results?

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm a bit confused about what to set up and test. I'm still not sure if this is an indicator, ea, auto, semi-manual, and what is what. There has been several posts about several indicators and the word "systems". This has made me confused about if Lidencourt is an ea and what and how to set up. Also, there have been posts about buggy versions and updated.

Would you mind resuming how this ea works and/or if you have had testworthy results?

tks

Hi dinj,

Lindencourt per se are manual trading systems...FX/MX and the free availlable Daily version

There are two threads in the trading systems section of the forum and this one with the ea that forexi coded.

For all three systems there are indipendant indicators:

FX: LCSignal_wAlertFixed

MX:Lindencourt MXFixed

Daily:LindencourtDaily

These indicators can be used as signal generator if you want to trade the system manually

Then we got the ea LindenCourtExpress...this ea uses either the FX indi or the MX indi (see post #115)

The ea trades the signal the indicator generates and hopefully makes some pips.

There are several options when to close a trade....it could be SL/TP only or based on the value of a moving average that triggers the close when price crosses.

I for one have only tested e/u and g/u so far and made optimizer BT to get the best settings for 2010....doesn't mean that they would have worked in 2009. So we need some other pairs to be tested and to find out best SL/TP and whether to use TS or not....or maybe best results with price/ma

Then we need to know, what's the best timeframe for a specific pair. Lindencourt FX uses M15 for manual trading but I'm liking H1 most

If still confused or you still don't know what/how to test give a reply

edit:

Maybe you should take an hour or so and go through the LC manuals to better understand what we are doing here

Edited by iwjw

could i also suggest to code in a time limit for operations in this ea? The lidencourt is supposed to work during uk/usa period.

If alsready coded in, then i don't know what i am testing. Actually, this is a constant in the thread. Poeple are requesting

some clear post. I could only recommend forexi to edit his very first post, and put there very clearly what we are discussing

here, the FX or MX or whatever, so as we can also do the tests and help.

Forexi, this is very possibly the best way to start to sort the main problem of this thread, edit your first post, so we can all refer to it,

and place there any new version of the ea, the indicators, ect ect...

could i also suggest to code in a time limit for operations in this ea? The lidencourt is supposed to work during uk/usa period.

_______

As for me I don't want to have any constraints in the ea. It would be a never ending story...trade +/- xx minutes before news.?..trade on bank holidays?...trade before Unemployment Claims?...trade only Wed/Thur as mentioned as the busiest trading days?.......

If alsready coded in, then i don't know what i am testing. Actually, this is a constant in the thread. Poeple are requesting

some clear post.

_________

What was so hard to understand in my earlier post where I summerized what this thread is about...I'm not a native english speaker...maybe it was unreadable?

I could only recommend forexi to edit his very first post, and put there very clearly what we are discussing

here, the FX or MX or whatever, so as we can also do the tests and help.

Does it matter which system were talking about?...there are three of them...we're talking Lindencourt...and whether it's possible to automate one of the systems

Forexi, this is very possibly the best way to start to sort the main problem of this thread, edit your first post, so we can all refer to it,

and place there any new version of the ea, the indicators, ect ect...

Placing updates in post #1 will only help you if you're new to the thread. And in such case I would recommend to read the whole thread...isn't that much so far. And if you understood what's going on here and would like get the latest version there will be some1 who posts the links for sure.

If it's so hard to understand what we are doing here, why was the ea downloaded 137 times?

One thing I can tell is that most of the downloads were done only to have the ea. But at least 34 members downloaded the latest version of the indi...guess what, they found the link by reading the posts

Edited by iwjw

Placing updates in post #1 will only help you if you're new to the thread. And in such case I would recommend to read the whole thread...isn't that much so far.

It is quite usual to do so. Actually, the people that would be willing to help would then not need to read the whole thread. But, ok, up to you...there is going to be

a lot of good will send to the trash by doing so.

If it's so hard to understand what we are doing here, why was the ea downloaded 137 times?

from these 137, possibly 130 have not gone any further because they did not understand it. yet, if the first post was clear enougth, but, oh well

you want ppl to read the whole thread....

i will not comment any more, and actually, will go out of the thread. You miss a lot of willing poeple to help that i know of

just because of the mess of this thread. I propose a way to clear it up, a way that has been used and that demostrate it

efectiveness in millions of other thread, you don't want, oh well, then do not complain noone is willing to help.

luck to all of you, i will keep on discussing this ea in another forum, where pple are more open minded, and much lesser

messy.

It is quite usual to do so. Actually, the people that would be willing to help would then not need to read the whole thread. But, ok, up to you...there is going to be

a lot of good will send to the trash by doing so.

i will not comment any more, and actually, will go out of the thread. You miss a lot of willing poeple to help that i know of

just because of the mess of this thread. I propose a way to clear it up, a way that has been used and that demostrate it

efectiveness in millions of other thread, you don't want, oh well, then do not complain noone is willing to help.

luck to all of you, i will keep on discussing this ea in another forum, where pple are more open minded, and much lesser

messy.

This is like the other popular forex threads, once the system has been developed, the 1st post gets updated with chronologically listed updates history.

iwjw, it's understandable that if you were here from the beginning you want newbies to follow your steps, but it's not efficient this way. I will never read tens on pages and some are requests for some info, this way you cut the pages if people will not post useless/repeated requests.

This is actually an idea for mods to add to the rules of this forum, in order to keep down the number of pages, which wastes disk space and bandwidth, the original post should be regularly updated with chronologically listed update notes.

Or have a section immediately after the first post, dedicated to the updates, to allow anyone to constantly update this section.

Edited by Mav