Lindenc0urt & Syn3rgy EA's

iwjw,is the ea now ready to forward test with preset files in the package?

and if there is no preset file is your instruction for sl and tp all we need to forward test the ea?are all indicators in the package?last day i had missing eas liek fip line and lc and so on..

many thanx!

Edited by halcyonn

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, it's all in the last upload...If something were missing I would know it in the meantime...was downloaded a few times but no comment from any1 so far

edit: made some changes on the indicator and got about 400k profit starting with a 10k balance in 2010 on 10% risk and 50% max drawdown with the e/u on M30...that what just for fun. I'm still having the problem that signals and trades don't match when I attach the indi after the backtest. Maybe some1 finds the time to run in visual mode over a month or so and watch for the signal arrows to appear and whether a trade is taken or not (therefor you have to start the visual mode in slow motion, attach the indi and then run fullspeed)

Edited by iwjw

I've just uploaded the modified indicator

Changes I made:

- stripped off all the alert, sound and email thingies to get some microseconds on excecution time

- only get the ma values and calculate the crosses when a new bar just opened...not tickwise

- comparison of price and ma with the previous closed candle, not the actual one....Close[i+1] instead of Close

I didn't change the name of the indi so that I don't have to upload a modified EA

My tests showed a boost in performance after the changes, but maybe I'm wrong again

http://www.4shared.com/file/ZiLC4YKP/LCSignal_wAlertFixed.html

We are in a very very early stage of development

So don't even think of going live with this robot

For me there is a major issue that signals and trades often don't match. Until this problem is solved there will be no further development

Next step has to be to get rid off fixed SL/TP. Must be dynamic. If you run a backtest for 2009 with settings that are profitable in 2010 you'll see that it doesn't work. So that's a major part to be improved. I'm thinkink of following the LC rules here and split the close of the trades. Take some profit after 20-30 pips and let the rest ride as free trade until ema(7) cross. But as said before, it makes no sense to implement this feature until it's clear that the entry signals are correct and the EA doesn't miss any of them

yes, it's all in the last upload...If something were missing I would know it in the meantime...was downloaded a few times but no comment from any1 so far

edit: made some changes on the indicator and got about 400k profit starting with a 10k balance in 2010 on 10% risk and 50% max drawdown with the e/u on M30...that what just for fun. I'm still having the problem that signals and trades don't match when I attach the indi after the backtest. Maybe some1 finds the time to run in visual mode over a month or so and watch for the signal arrows to appear and whether a trade is taken or not (therefor you have to start the visual mode in slow motion, attach the indi and then run fullspeed)

is the indicator and EA using the same settings?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Note: It turns out that these changes are for a different Lindencourt system and are not applicable to this thread. Please ignore this post. It is left here only because I was given thanks.

is the indicator and EA using the same settings?

The Indicator that I downloaded named "LC" was missing 3 parts to make it compliant with the Lindencourt PDF.

First, it did not check to see if the previous close was above or below the 21 EMA - the red EMA.

Second it does not verify that the RSI is either > 10 for a buy or < -10 for a sell.

The third issue is that it did not automatically adjust EMA periods for different time periods.

I am currently testing my changes to verify that it works according to the original documentation. I have not looked into the EA to see how it trades. Hopefully there is coordination amongst the parties so that work is not being duplicated and that we are testing the same thing.

Edited by hitescape
clarity I hope.

Hi hitescape,

sorry can't help you here...I'm knowing the system a few days only and did never trade it manually

Which indicator are you going to modify?

I don't use my indicator, designed for the MX sytstem with the EA...it's another one called LCSignal

Are you talking about LC.mq4?

If so, then here's my question:

Why compare last Close and ema(21)?....as I understood it has to be ema(84) on M15 what equals ema(21) on H1 chart?

Hi hitescape,

...Why compare last Close and ema(21)?....as I understood it has to be ema(84) on M15 what equals ema(21) on H1 chart?

Yes, I started with the LC.mq4 from the other forum.

Thanks for correcting me. I said 21 but meant 84 but like I said, I'm tired and can't think straight!

Edited by hitescape

Hi hitescape,

what about the crosses of ema(7) and ema(21)?

what about the cross of cci?

The indicator was designed for the MX System and that states:

-The black MA (MA7) needs to cross the blue MA (MA21)

- At the same time the cci(5) has also to cross with a tolerance of one bar

That's what I've tried to built into the code and you commented it?

There is an extension for the FX System...If Use.FXSystem=true the indi compares the close with the ma(84)

The other feature weren't implemented yet...therefore //todo

Haven't read the FX System yet only knowing that the ma(84) and rsi were added.

I'm a little bit confused....did I totally misunderstand the system?

Hi hitescape,

what about the crosses of ema(7) and ema(21)?

what about the cross of cci?

The indicator was designed for the MX System and that states:

-The black MA (MA7) needs to cross the blue MA (MA21)

- At the same time the cci(5) has also to cross with a tolerance of one bar

That's what I've tried to built into the code and you commented it?

There is an extension for the FX System...If Use.FXSystem=true the indi compares the close with the ma(84)

The other feature weren't implemented yet...therefore //todo

Haven't read the FX System yet only knowing that the ma(84) and rsi were added.

I'm a little bit confused....did I totally misunderstand the system?

I am equally confused!

I thought this was about the Lindencourt FX system - I don't know anything about the MX system but will go research it. No wonder the indicator looked like it didn't fit the rules. To avoid any confusion I have removed my previous posts.

Edited by hitescape

96 pips in all...this encourages me to to trade other pairs too,would like some input on inputs or through preset files from iwjw id can find time for this!

many thanx.

one more request is that since the ea is now easily BT-able,would like help from kind mentors in this regard or from any other memeber who can perform backtests.

96 pips in all...this encourages me to to trade other pairs too,would like some input on inputs or through preset files from iwjw id can find time for this!

many thanx.

one more request is that since the ea is now easily BT-able,would like help from kind mentors in this regard or from any other memeber who can perform backtests.

Hi halcyonn,

good to here that you're getting trades in your demo.

I've only tested GPBUSD as a second pair...best settings I've found for g/u are TP40/SL50 on H1 and M30...not good on M15

Hi traders,

I got another one for you...EA for the MX System

It's based on the EA for the FX System but I'm using my indicator now

One thing I've added is the close of the trade if price breaks a ma....I'm using ma(21) as reference but you can set it in the properties.

Closing on ma gave me about 550 pips on one trade eurusd

The EA gets very very few signals because of the strict rules of the MX System and trading on H1 instead of M15

I'm liking H1 most....there would have been only 12 trades so far in 2010 but profit of 69% on 1 standard lot and 10k initial balance

I've used SL=500/TP=1000/TS=150...SL/TP are just in case...trades are closed when price breaks ma

The ea survives a ten year backtest, but isn't really profitable...about 150% with 268 trades in 10+ years

Don't know whether it's worth demoing because it could happen that nothing happens for weeks

Didn't test it on other pairs...maybe some1 will and report here

Here we go:

http://www.4shared.com/file/s1dgns9E/LCMX.html

edit: just saw that I didn't change the name of the "MX-" EA....so you have to rename it not to overwrite the former version

Edited by iwjw