Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

Hi Acerinvest,

What drawdown are you getting?

My current draw is around -$260, though I've taken profits of $1,000, including a recent "close all profitable" so most of the trades are losing at the mo.

We're trading the equivalent of 1.4 lots and I think the recommended stop is 40 pips per pair, so any net drawdown worse than $600 would suggest that we need to change the global stop setting somewhere.

If you have a larger drawdown than me, it could be connected with starting the EA late. I think the T101 baskets may run on a weekly basis (not totally sure as I'm still getting to grips with the system) so it's best to start the EA afresh at the start of each week.

would you say the EA requires manual intervention? Or is there a built in intervention in the set file bb_600_d1_8_usd.set ?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi outcast,

The EA I'm running on FXPro opened several trades in a matter of minutes of setting it up, don't know if it was a coincidence or not...

If your platform still doesn't show any trades you better double check you settings and see if you're missing something.

b.

Here is the scoop

I decided to install this in another setup of MT4 with my broker Go-Markets and just install all the russian files frist. I did this and bingo it all worked well had alot of different pairs instead of just 8. Then I relised I was in my live account so I quickly open a demo account and now it doesn't work again I get that zero devide error again. Maybe this is trying to tell me something lol lol lol

Anybody got any ideas?

Hi Norman,

From what I saw (I'm not running the EA at the moment), my global stop was showing by default as 100% which was the full balance of my account. I can see this being used when a demo account is being run purely to show the balance of trades when actual trades are entered in a different system, though if we're trying to run this as an EA, we need to find the parameter which will set that global stop to say 5% of account. According to the code the only_profit and update_stop parameters have something to do with this global stop setting. We'll have to experiment I guess to work out what's actually happening.

There are loads of trailing stop options which I don't really understand. I managed to switch one of them on earlier today and it worked fine, I also confirmed that "close all profitable" and "close all trades" works. The thing I'm not sure how to do is specify when the trailing stop kicks in and if it can be automatically applied to all trades.

I'm not sure about the bb_600_d1_8_usd.set, that's something else to check out.

When we work out how to use fully automated trailing stops and a global stop of all trades at say 5% of balance drawdown, we should be fine running the EA automatically, though I think personally I'd prefer to keep an eye on it anyway.

outcast/beorn,

Is is possible that your demo accounts don't offer all 14 pairs which are specified in the EA parameters? GoMarkets demo may contain a limited range of more standard pairs, however their live account may offer a lot more for example - so it sort of makes sense.

Good thing you spotted that you were in live outcast :-O

I know that my Alpari demo didn't show them all in the marketwatch window, however right clicking in there in selecting "show all" or something similar brought them all into the list, though I'm not sure if that made any difference to my running of the EA in Alpari because I did this before I set up the EA.

I've never seen the "zero divide" error, though if some of the logic needs to divide something by the current price of a pair and that pair doesn't exist, then we'd get a zero divide error.

Edited by soundfx

@soundfx

Thanks I have tried all that have showen all. Clean install of MT4 even tried another computer lol lol just doesn't want to work for me unless it's in my live account lol lol I am going to try a FXPro demo and see what happens but it would be useless if it works there and not at my broker. I am sure we will get to the bottom of this sometime

outcast,

ok - I installed everything on my GoMarkets demo too.

After importing my template I just saw a black screen and "START ADVISER". So I assume that templates can be incompatible between brokers for some reason.

So, I then went to the EA parameters -> input and loaded the EA preset file which Norman mentioned (bb_600_d1_8_usd.set), the full screen appeared and trades were placed almost immediately:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4600112426_e346b74032_o.jpg

Hi forexfx

I've not changed anything in my settings, they're the same as I posted earlier (the template too). Though beware that the template looks as though it's not compatible with all brokers as you can see from the recent posts.

If the template is incompatible with your demo broker then open the template in notepad and scroll down to the bottom you can see all the EA settings I used and you can change them manually.

Most changes to the running of the EA can be achieved by clicking on text objects on the screen and moving them to a different place, which triggers an "event" which the EA can pick up - this you'll need to experiment with.

Bear in mind guys that this isn't an "off the shelf" EA which you can just run and scoop in the profits :)

You really need to understand what it's doing and how pairs are shuffled between the "Buy" and "Sell" groups according to the T101 system rules. Also, we need to understand much more clearly how to limit risk as I was chatting to Norman about.

This will all require some effort to understand how the system ticks rather than just running it, seeing a load of losing trades and giving up, or seeing a load of winning trades and thinking it will go on like that forever.

There are lots of parameters to explore and also "event" objects on the screen, though with a few people working to understand how things hang together, we should be able to come up with the most profitable ways of running the EA.

The T101 system is very profitable, though we've yet to find out if the EA can replicate that to some degree. I don't think I've posted the link to these results before, though as you can see - they're pretty impressive!

http://www.fxfreeseminar.com/Forex/BTS/trading-results.aspx

Edited by soundfx

Ok, my best guess so far is that soundfx is right about the currency pairs. Right-clicked the Market Watch window in Alpari and selected Show All. The full info was shown and trades where opened immediately.

The same doesn't happen with FIGfx (I don't think they offer NZDJPY, at least it doesn't show on the Market window).

At least now I can try to figure out what this EA is supposed to do.

Thanks for all the help guys, time to go to sleep now.

b.

Hi Norman,

From what I saw (I'm not running the EA at the moment), my global stop was showing by default as 100% which was the full balance of my account. I can see this being used when a demo account is being run purely to show the balance of trades when actual trades are entered in a different system, though if we're trying to run this as an EA, we need to find the parameter which will set that global stop to say 5% of account. According to the code the only_profit and update_stop parameters have something to do with this global stop setting. We'll have to experiment I guess to work out what's actually happening.

There are loads of trailing stop options which I don't really understand. I managed to switch one of them on earlier today and it worked fine, I also confirmed that "close all profitable" and "close all trades" works. The thing I'm not sure how to do is specify when the trailing stop kicks in and if it can be automatically applied to all trades.

I'm not sure about the bb_600_d1_8_usd.set, that's something else to check out.

When we work out how to use fully automated trailing stops and a global stop of all trades at say 5% of balance drawdown, we should be fine running the EA automatically, though I think personally I'd prefer to keep an eye on it anyway.

i now have stop loss set at 0.75% account balance. trailing profit is said to start at 1.00%. current equity on open trades at 0.1%

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Well, I did a clean install of Alpari's MT4 and I still get the "zero divide" error. The files are all in place like in FXPro.

aarghh.. I installed everything but I'm getting the same as yours...only blank screen with "Start Advisor" & "zero divide" in Expert tab :(

Update

I found that my broker does not have CADJPY supported in the market watch so I am guessing thats why it will only work with the bb_600_d1_8_usd.set file and thats about all I have discovered today except I am 5% down at the moment

Question : Do we know if the EA closes the trades or what happens yet? lol lol I certainly don't

I should of said that my broker doesn't have CADJPY in demo but has in live accounts

Edited by outcast

shabane1,

I think the EA will always open 14 trades, though depending on market conditions these can be buys or sells.

When I first ran the EA at the start of the week, it was running for several hours before it decided to make trades, when we've been starting it in the middle of the week we seem to be getting 14 trades immediately - which suggests that we should restart the EA each week to ensure that the correct trades are made (though I'm not 100% sure on this yet).

outcast,

The EA didn't close any trades automatically for me. I think we have to define our own closing of trades using the trailing stop options in the parameters - or by manually selecting the ">StopLoss++" on the screen.

asyik,

The EA is running trades on a basket of pairs according to the T101 system rules. The idea of basket trading is that we ride the cycles of drawdown and then take profits when they're available. You define in the parameters or screen selections where you want to take profit - setting trailing stops when in profit seems to be the best way of doing this.

Norman,

I'll check out version 700 and see what I can do.

mograst,

In the EA parameters you can set a global stop based on a % of your account balance - this is the parameter "Stop".

You can also manually activate trailing stops as follows:

On the screen if something prefixed with ">" is greyed out then it's inactive, if it's bright green then it's active.

Single click on ">StopLoss++" on the screen and a yellow dot will appear to the top left of ">StopLoss++", you should then be able to click again on ">StopLoss++" and drag it to another part of the screen and release the mouse button. A window will then popup asking you to confirm that you want to set the trailing stop loss and all orders should be updated with the stop automatically.

Hi Guys,

I've translated the screen (and parameters and pop-up windows) for version 7.0 as Norman requested. I've also run the updated parameter doc. through a translator and I think that the output is ok (though could be improved a lot).

All files you need are included in the *.rar file. I've also included a version of the EA preset which will load without overwriting the parameter instructions with Russian text - however note that this preset is for manual trading.

I've also included my template which is set up for auto trading with a global stop of 5% of account balance. The version 7.0 preset was set up to trade only 8 pairs, so I set up my template the same - just change the EA parameters if you want to run 14.

http://www.multiupload.com/070IJLIXRC

Here's what version 7.0 looks like (I've corrected some of the text on the display, though the screen wasn't changed in the upversion to 7.0):

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1056/4601434641_58fa5c603e_o.jpg

Thanks you soudfx for sharing. Sorry for my english. I have some question.

1. I run version 6 in my vps it's trade but no position close from yesterday until now (I use preset not use your template)

2. How can I view EA parameter during EA running

Right now I run version 7 everything is OK EA trade and close position for green pips.

Edited by stock

Great contribution SoundFX,

What is the TP and SL for the EA in version 7?

whatever the EA decides to set them at. or - whatever you decide to change them to.