Developing S/R Expert : Highly Profitable : 99 % Accuracy

harsh124

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Developing S/R Expert : Highly Profitable : 99 % Accuracy

Oh ! I am telling you, we just need an optimization in my stratergy. It should work like a charm. Many more members have pm me because they have been able to use the strategy with quite a success.!

Lets continue the momentum mate!

Harsh124 \m/

Please Dont Forget the Kudos Coming! :-bd

Fundamentally, the strategy works... as you can see, Asskicker makes a steady stream of green trades and pips, except that the drawdown in most cases is unbearable and a single loss wipes out all the profits.

Might have to filter out risker trades or something in your strategy in order to fully realise its potential.

I agree. I've been able to filter out some more bad trades with ATR, but still we need a shift in the plan somehow. The problem is that a computer needs facts and figures, whereas a human can goof up and halfway get it right, leaving the computer waiting for more input when something doesn't add up. Scalping is tough with lagging indicators and standard charts, but I've been thinking about the S/R bounce EA using bollinger, CCI, and RSI together to confirm in MTF. I'm always looking at the charts trying to decipher some way to grab a few pips every few minutes. When I look at my newly acquired range bar chart (similar to renko), I see tons of opportunities, even with Kicker. It drowns out all the noise and missed trades. I just finished the latest version of Kicker. A little safer, but still deadly. Maybe it has a good optimization setting. I'll have to check that soon. I'll put it on the range bar chart tonight and let it fly. It seems that S/R doesn't work well with MA type indies, at least with a computer. I think the little added countertrend trading function in my EA seems to help with the pips, but it's the ranging periods and the skyscraper candles that kill without mercy.

-- 19 Mar 2010, 22:24 --

Perhaps we try using the ATR filter set at .0016, period 8, or somewhere close, and use Kicker 85 (all will be optimizable), and then trade when Kicker 85 and 34 are in agreement, price closes (or passes) past both kickers with MACD histogram decreasing, hold the trade until price closes above Kicker85. Meanwhile, reset SL to S/R all the way, or other convenient spot. I think with also a time filter, this should gain a few pips, and reduce a lot of code. We can scalp, but I think we'll miss a lot of pips. Of course, if our win is 100%(or 99% for the perfectionally challenged), we can scalp at tremendous risk. What do you think? I'm not sure we should wait until S/R is broken, but I'm not always right either.

We can try the both. Whichever is best, we we trade at 99 % Efficiency we can hook up tremendous risk - 40-50% lot risk .. of total account free margin. Not bad - You can try this out!

Cheers!

Harsh124

No matter what we try, the fake S/R breaks seem to kill us. Maybe I'll try a CCI with it to see if we can identify which way the price will turn.

How about waiting for a confirmed break ie a candle close above level then enter if a good position is found before price hits target?

We do wait for it, but the problem is that price closes above/below (usually more than 4-10 pips), makes a new S/R level or repaints the previous one. Either way, we get stopped out too often. I considered trend channels, but they repaint too. I just think we're running up against the same old question: is it a top or a bottom?

We do wait for it, but the problem is that price closes above/below (usually more than 4-10 pips), makes a new S/R level or repaints the previous one. Either way, we get stopped out too often. I considered trend channels, but they repaint too. I just think we're running up against the same old question: is it a top or a bottom?

Hmm...I have watched the barry's/fractals, one cannot be valid until it is a confirmed swing. If it paints before the swing is confirmed, that is a problem. I just watched fractals on the 1 minute though, they only paint when confirmed. Dunno about Barry's.

I do not trade tops or bottoms anymore, just follow long-term trends reentering on retraces and watch out for SR levels and try to only lose on the trend change. Only look at charts once a day. Very boring. Not there yet though, but it suits me. So the same old question doesn't apply, but I do get what you mean. I am revisiting my old notes on SR breakouts and may have something to share one day but for now don't have any bright ideas.

Good luck with the project,

FE

Hmm...I have watched the barry's/fractals, one cannot be valid until it is a confirmed swing. If it paints before the swing is confirmed, that is a problem.

I agree. THAT right there is the problem.

Anyway, I am done with this thread and moving onto other things. Have fun with the EA.

Rio, thanks for all your hard work, and before you go, any chance you could leave what you have in the form of an indicator that has an alert when at least some of the conditions line up for a trade? ^:)^

I'm experimenting with MTF S/R, but I'm not actually using the S/R indy, because it's unreliable. I'm only using some other standard indicators to confirm bounce, along with kicker for trend. I'll let you know soon if it works.

have you looked at other breakout EAs to get some ideas? Maybe try the RangeBreaker EA to start?

Haven't looked at other breakout EA's. Where is RangeBreaker?

-- 27 Mar 2010, 07:56 --

OK, I'll take a look at it. I am also working on a strategy of using dynamic periods for indicators to increase/decrease the sensitivity of indicators as price either progresses and ranges. I think this strategy will dramatically increase the performance of any EA's we have (if they use indicators). Very possible the answer to our problems, because we need different levels of sensitivity as price moves or doesn't move. With only a preset level, all indies become either become lagging,premature,diverging,converging, etc, etc, etc. In other words, useless for an EA. I'll let you know soon. Unfortunately, if this plan works, I don't believe we'll be using kicker, but if we have a winner, I don't think anybody will mind.

Hi Guys,

It appears that the main problem in creating the EA so far is when it makes a bad decision, the drawdown can be significant. If this isn't the problem, please can you put up some screenshots of the trades the current EA is making, so that we can come up with some better suggestions.

Is nobody working with Rio's EA now? Are we just concentrating on Stovedudes ?

Here's an idea for eliminating a lot of bad trades which can cause drawdowns, and that's to use the i-regr indicator found here:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/5526-i-regr-(-a-leading-indicator)?highlight=i-regr

This indicator forms boundaries around where price action is most likely to move, which is a bit like bolli bands though with smoothed lines. The rule would be to not trade resistance breakouts close to or beyond the top boundary and not to trade support breakouts close to or below the bottom boundary.

Edited by soundfx

Harsh124,

if your friend has relocated to usa that doesn't stop him from using the internet, please ask him for the statement that will solve all probelms and all the effort put in by Rio and others like soundfx researching and spending time coding .

if for some reason he doesnt want to show you the statement (though i cant imagine why he wouldn't if he told you the truth and made such an impressive return with such small drawddown)

and if he doesnt even want to sow you the statment ask him to come in here and post in this thread which will also be a great help. To register it takes 30 secs and to log in and post another 30 sec so all he has to spare is a minute of his time.

Hey Mate,

He does NOT know i HAVE shared his strategy here. If he comes to know, I'll land up in deep trouble. Please Believe me. And If you can't I am sorry - I can't help it now. Don't Haunt me for requests for The Live statement which apparently seems impossible to get.

Harsh124

• 1 month later...