Developing S/R Expert : Highly Profitable : 99 % Accuracy

harsh124

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Developing S/R Expert : Highly Profitable : 99 % Accuracy

Harsh,

Almost complete with my EA too. Most of the bugs worked out. Need to refine the filters a little to eliminate the occassional losing trade (always happens at trend reversals). Luckily, pip losses are small, but pip gains are much bigger. I think the Kicker 35 is a great confirmation, and I'm going to optimize it to find out if any other Kicker periods work better for certain pairs and TF's. I'll probably have the finished version by this weekend. I sent you the first version, but this one is much better with a lot more intelligence. I might change the MACD settings slightly if optimization suggests.

Idea for coding piercing:

If blue candle opens below kicker and closes above with higher pip offset from the kicker line this is consider as pierce.

I dont know how to code so I dont know if its possible. Sorry, just an idea. :|

Yeah - I picked up PAW's Suggestion. An Indicator will be very handy. But my mq4 skills are not so powerful at the moment that I might code this beast. Too bad for me two.

But I hope any skilled programmer of this great community to take up that assignment!

Harsh124

Please Dont Forget the Kudos Coming! :-bd

When we finish the EA, we can convert it into an indicator by inserting the logic into the Kicker code. Shouldn't be terribly difficult. A lot easier than building this bot...

Harsh, what about reentry after TP is hit? I see that usually we can get back in on the same rules, but with Kicker 35 penetration instead, filtering it with MACD values, divergence/convergence of both kickers, momentum, but only after the original order closed with TP. What do you think?

Idea Seems great ~ its worth implementing ! Go for it !

Much Kudos to all the hardwork of all the coders and active participants in this thread! :D

Cheers!

Harsh124

-- 13 Mar 2010, 20:33 --

Hey Guys , any new updates ?

Still trying to debug late entries and repainting S/Rs and repainting momentum and kicker indicator. I can understand the S/R, but for the momentum and kicker, I just can't see any repainting on the chart, only in the EA calls. I put the momentum algorithm inside the EA instead (it's only one line of code) to perhaps speed it up and make it more accurate, but it still gives different values than the chart indy at times. The kicker also does this without showing on the chart. Somehow it will change values from up to down without showing a red or green (or even yellow) line. I don't know how they do it on closed candles and looking back, but somehow it happens, but not on the chart. They are not programmed to repaint from what I can see. I'll keep working on it today. I know it's frustrating. I'm sure Rio has the same experience. Maybe I'll try a higher TF than M15 and see what happens...

StoveDude,

Try to put ColorBarBack=0 & Color=1. Your problem should be resolved. Kicker won't repatint, I made a basic EA, Kicker Didn't repaint. Use Chart Shift 1.

Momentum also shouldn't repaint mate, Additionally add the MTF_MacD_iNColor I have attaced with parameters 7,19,7 .

Your thing should be resolved!

And Please send me this buggy EA at my mail address, I'll try some corrections!

Harsh124

Almost there...Got the momentum problem fixed. Not a repaint issue really, but the Kicker does repaint only if the previous line has the exact same value. You can't see it on the chart, but it made the EA confused before I fixed that easy problem. So far, just working out the little bugs, and trying to add some little rules here and there with our indicators. It's like trying to program a brain. Not an easy task. Takes many tests and tweaks. After 900 lines of code, it gets exhausting, but I think we'll have a winner soon. I sent it to Harsh for his critique. Just checked my backtest...going slow...but it doubled the account in the first month of 2009, and lost the winnings in the second month, but still going...January is a tough month, but I've seen many EAs struggle after the middle of the year, like FAPTurbo, so we'll see. I'll release it pretty soon, after I get some more bug spray. I think I can eliminate some more losses with a little more tweaking. I've got it trading at 10% risk. The repainting Barry is screwing it up most of the time. If we can find a better solution. I understand why it's repainting, but what else do we have? Maybe I can put a risk/reward ratio of 1:1 or better to minimize the losses. Who knows...my little pea brain is melting from all the hours put it to this thing! @-)

The EA did great only in Jan 09. I'll have to take the fast kicker out and see how it performs. These brokers continuously change price action to screw up all systems. They have the money to do this research all the time. Let's cross our fingers....

Hey Stovedude,

I optimized Kicker & added some new rules; for GBPUSD M15, it made conventional profits all year long but some big hard losses. I'll send you the Optimized Version of Kicker along with the set file, do tell me - If you have anything in mind!

Harsh124

I'm tweaking the EA so that it only uses one kicker and checks filters continuously, rather than at each open. I'm not using pending orders now. The ranging market times were killing us (that's nothing new), so I'm trying to weed out those periods with the same indicators. I am thinking about a bollinger band. I just have too many ideas pop into my head when I'm coding. It takes me awhile to separate the good from the bad. I guess Rome wasn't built in a day, but I think we're close to cracking something here (maybe my skull). I can almost see a good pattern for this thing. We may have to explore the time filter that's already in it, and we may have to alter the MACD checks a little, but I don't think there is a perfect indicator out there to save our butts, because all indicators do the same thing: they check past movement only. Anybody hear from Rio? Maybe he's a millionaire now, or maybe he's like me, just scratching his head for a solution....

These brokers continuously change price action to screw up all systems. They have the money to do this research all the time. Let's cross our fingers....

stovedude, brokers do not control PA, buyers and sellers do. The market is random at small time frames, it's not like there is a system that works until the brokers find it and change PA to stop that system working. That is crazy thinking. Buyers and sellers control price, occasionally brokers/floor traders clear stops but that is all they are doing unless they have been instructed to keep price above/below a certain level for a certain close to influence technicals. Otherwise moves are made by the people with money - banks, govts, hedge funds etc, depending on the current climate, and everyone rides their backs or gets killed in the stampede. This must be accepted before moving to a long-term profitable sphere IMHO. There is no "solution" that works regardless - trading is discretionary and the only holy grail is between your head - you obviously have intelligence and perseverance, I hope you're not barking up the wrong tree.

I respect your thoughts forexample, but we are just to close to crack something . P.S. Not your skull :P

Mate, even I am hunting on Indies that could do something , you do your research, and I'll do mine.

And No Message of Rio Yet!

Harsh124

What I mean with brokers is that I've seen a 30+ pip difference in prices between brokers' price feeds, and I am also grouping them with the market makers and banks that control alot of the market. They say that 1/3rd of the market is automated, so if we can just surf with them somehow. I know it's made of buyers and sellers, but that doesn't stop the big boys from manipulating something out there for us. I always try to see the conspiracy behind things. At least it gives me something else to blame when I screw up! Anyway, I'm trying to revise the rules a little, relying on S/R a little more with the addition of the bollinger band. Maybe a good start? I think S/R is king, because Kicker only chases price around, but it's good for trend detection.

Hi everyone.

I've been a little inactive recently. I'm trying another strategy out, and that's to sell at resistance if the kicker is down, and to buy at support of the kicker is up. I think this strategy has a better chance of working, as the potential profit will almost certainly outweigh the drawdown (assuming we use the opposite SR as TP, and the 138 as stoploss instead!). Also, I am noticing that once SR has been established, price likes to hit it again before following the trend, so the fractals will not lag as much as we might think.

Anyway, I'm coding this one at the moment. I think it will be much better.