Developing S/R Expert : Highly Profitable : 99 % Accuracy

harsh124

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Developing S/R Expert : Highly Profitable : 99 % Accuracy

Agree the Barry's are not perfect but for plotting swing highs and lows they are fine and they do not repaint, they aren't plotted till a swing is confirmed. They are not true SR as such but they do serve a purpose for fib drawing.

Harsh, I hope someone is out there who can make the EA as you wish it. Seems you are finding out is hard to get an EA coded exactly as you want it for free. I have another syustem I want coded but I will wait till I can pay for it as when coders are working for free they like to put their own twist to things.

Rio, if you have followed Skunny's system you should know by now a fractal SR break to fib extension is NOT a holy grail and NOT ALL targets are hit. Lots of targets are, they are the pips we need to grab. Lots don't - they are the trades we need to protect ourselves from. Also, using fixed pips eg 3 pips past the post for entries will limit the time frames and range sizes your EA will work on - consider percentages as I addressed in another post.

Good work all,

FE

Barrys are simply fractals, which give you a signal that is 2 bars too late, but that is workable if you go with the trend. Against the trend, we'll be repeating the same mistakes we always make, as long as we correctly interpret all the filters. Harsh, I'm still working on my EA as well. I had most of it finished, with the Kicker 81, because I saw that in your template, but I got sidetracked with another twist on this idea, which might work well later to filter and maximize the pips. I'll get back on it again and see if we can all contribute together here. I still need to figure out the yellow areas on Kicker. This parameter is not being passed to the EA, only the chart, so I'll need to change the indy to do this. Thx for the thread!

Hey All,

I have got Messages from Members who have used this system nicely till a good extent. All I was looking for was to code it, so we all could use it!

Harsh124

Please Dont Forget the Kudos Coming! :-bd

Just figured out the yellow patches. They are merely a change from Up to Down or vice versa. They will only remain yellow if the signal keeps changing at each bar. When you finally get 2 bars of the same Up/Down, it will finally change to the correct color (until it changes again). Not repainting, but two kickers together should confirm a good trade. Still working on it....

OK OK... I'll get busy building the EA from your system harsh. Who knows... it might be good. Not a holy grail (but nothing is anyway).

I'm already mostly there... should have something over the next few days.

Rio - It IS good brother , Let us make the basic version , then we'll evolve an Advanced Version from the Inputs other generous people like you and the other guys ( sorry dont remember the names ).

Harsh124 :D

I've almost finished my version as well. Maybe between the two we can make something useful. I'm still debugging a couple things with the crazy Kicker line, but I'm close to succeeding. I'm using the original rules only, with maybe a couple little filters so far, which I'll probably revise to make sure we don't miss any good trades needlessly. Everything will be adjustable at first until we perfect it a little more...

Hi Harsh,

I've done some manual trading in demo using your original system and it's done very nicely indeed!

It doesn't really matter that S/R repaints, because the sort of breakout trades I was taking are the ones where a previous level has been established.

For example, kicker is red and sloping down and a support level is created, then price goes up retracing and a resistance level is created. Then we wait for that previous support level to be broken and take a Short trade at that point. Momentum is typically strong at this point and if our trade is immediately profitable it's going to be a good one. If the trade turns against us immediately then it's likely that the short term kicker trend is changing, so these trades are best exited for a small losss.

One thing I noticed is that it's best not to attempt entering any trades when kicker is approximately horizontal as a change in short term trend is underway and any trades are likely to be chopped out.

Thanks for sharing this great and simple system :-bd

I've now Kudoed your original post ;)

I have finished coding it. Now to check for bugs.

I am using 138 extensions as TPs, and opposite 138 extensions as SL.... unless you have other ideas. Your method never really mentioned exit rules.

Kicker (35) used in conjunction with (81) could be interesting, but I've tried making EAs with two trend line indicators and you'd be surprised to see how well they fail.

MTF_MACD... where is that indi?

No piercing of the kicker indicator in the code yet. May add it as an option.

Thanks for the link... how will I incorporate the indicator?

I'm a bit loath to add too many indicators to the mix. the more indicators,... the more things can go wrong.

Also, a small trading strategy that I want to share which seems to keep nabbing me lotsa pips on any pair on the daily charts.

Fib out the last day's daily candle. If during trading for the current daily candle, the price breaks through the last daily high or low for the second time (half hourly candles cannot be consecutive to count as individual breaks), take the trade to the 138 extension. sometimes it will go further than 138 and hit the next 161 extension. Stop loss at the 38/61 fib. Easy pips, anywhere from 30 to 60. Very high success rate. Makes me wonder if I can't do this on nearly any time frame......

Again, this strategy works on the theory of retracement before a bust to the 138

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7599/easystrat.jpg

Hi Rio,

Harsh will need to explain how he uses the indicator - I don't think he mentioned that in his earlier posts.

It seems to be an additional check, so I guess it can be missed out of the core.

I like your "Daily Fib" system :-bd

I think that Fibs tend to increase in reliability with timeframe don't they?, so you may find that the system isn't as reliable on lower timeframes. All the same, if your fib system gives consistent green pips on a daily basis then that's all we need :)

If we can get the "Rio Harsh" EA to give consistent green pips too, then that should be more than enough pips for everyone lol.

Rio - Can you please mail me or upload the EA - So I can download it & review it further!

And Kicker should be considered of the LAST BAR ( then only would it be reliable )

Harsh124

Hey, it ain't ready yet. Don't rush me. It had a number of bugs, and still needs some testing. Then there was the issue of how to get the EA to recognise not to open a trade when outside the SR levels, which was a tough nut to crack.

I also have to test the fib stop loss code, to make sure it works.

I am using the last kicker bar (as in, a shift value of 1). The current bar (shift 0) repaints, so obviously I can't use that.

The EA can sit on one chart and trade multiple timeframes, and coding that is a cow.

You will be able to manually change the momentum and kicker period values from inside the EA too.

Well, so far it's been going quite good. I left it run overnight and it racked up a bunch of green profitable trades until something in the code caused the kicker to spit out incorrect readings, and the TP and SL vales were too close to trade entry that the EA opened a few trades with no TP and SL.... I'll have to look into that, and teach the EA not to go for trades where potential TP is too low to be worth it.

Hi Rio,

Great work! It's very promising that you're seeing some good results in the early stages, even though there are bugs to iron out.

Harsh will be pleased to see that phrase "bunch of green profitable trades" lol.

Consistency is the key though as we all know, so there's plenty of testing ahead, nevertheless it looks as though we're off to a cracking start :-bd

Most of the bugs are ironed out now, except that the Fib SL code is a bit wonky. There's an option in the EA to use a fib level for SL. At the moment it is at 138, but can be changed to any other fib level depending on trade direction. It's a bit bugged and placing SL on the wrong fib at the moment

There's also an issue of buy trades occuring when SR break hasn't broken. I assume this has to do with the Ask price clipping over the line, but the Bid price not doing so.

Even still, drawdown is huge (as in my own trading ideas) - but most of the time trades are hitting TP. Perhaps it would be easier to trade on the retracement levels after the initial break, rather than the break itself? Just an idea anyway. I will release some tests later on.

So far, the EA is Asskicker, and not Kickass. Perhaps I will release it anyway, and you guys can all try optimizing the settings (Momentum, Kicker, and SL settings should prove most interesting to optimize).

Hey Rio & Soundfx,

LoL .. yeah .. Lot of green pips! \m/ loL .. ;)

And Rio - Could you please upload the EA and if you feel uncomfortable to upload it, should i give me email address , so if you could send it. I hope I can help much!

Thanks for all the hard work, and having faith on me ,

Harsh124