What do you think about EA KAIN?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a single trade today, a UJ for 50 pips. I'll take it ;)

A new 'error' msg on several of the CHF pairs like: 2010.08.05 19:57:02 EAKAIN SCALPER PRO 2010 v1.05_NEW EURCHF,M15: Spread Over the Limit! - Actual Spread:45.00000 - Spread Limit:40.00000

on the Experts Tab. I don't quite understand those numbers...

That's mean your broker is widen the spread, and EAKain protect you from this widen spread due to potential loss.

Better not open than loss right?

Regards,

Benz

Yes, and no. As it equates to a 1/2 pip difference on entry, rejecting the trade could have lost a 50 pip gain.

I'll need to look back at the logs this weekend, but it could be the reason the EA is only making trades on 4 of the 7 currency pairs.

With 12 wins and one small loss on 13 trades, I'm obviously pleased overall with the bot. But I'll be working through the code this weekend to see if small tweaks may increase profitability without sacrificing safety.

The one loss was on EURUSD and would have come into profit an hour later, as it happens. Fortunately, it was a small loss and I have no problem with taking small losses on EU as it's too easy to take *big* losses with that pair.

it terminates my demo account-...

Sorry, but I don't believe that's possible. Only brokerages can terminate a demo account. EAs have no capability of either opening or closing accounts.

Details on what you think happened, how, what you were doing, etc.?

Some brokers have time limits on Demo accounts, so you could either try another broker or just open a new account with the one you have.

Good story here..... only one Kain trade today, but.... it went for 120 pips on EURGBP.

There was a trade opened Friday afternoon, a Sell. Market opening was Gap Down.... a rather large one. Trade closed soon after opening.

Lucky.

How about some others sharing their results?

hmmm...could it be that your a using a 5 digit broker?

Read about 45 pips spread #351 and a 120pips profit in #357

You have to divide the pips by ten then because the last digit represents 1/10 of a pip

I think is a good EA, but I'm worry about the stop loss...maybe is too big compared to the winnings.

unfortunately I do not think is suitable for every type of market. Remember this spring? The Greece? With such a market there would be many stop loss, and stop loss so large compared to the winnings would be a problem.

well, the standard KAIN TP/SL ratio is 6:50, that sums up to around 1:6,3 ... in theory you can afford one stop loss every 6,3 winners.

I have had over 100 trades in the last 3 months, and now here comes the SL. KAIN itself is still very much in profit, even the USDCAD pair itself could do another SL to just break even with its gains. Maybe the trade would not have been taken with normal spread maximum, but right now I do not care. A lot of all "famous" EAs around these days have also been hit, and the pair has moved on to even higher heights over the day after the SL, so not being stopped out for a few pips only.

I dunno if some ppl know something for sure ahead of the FOMC meeting today or if it was just a normal movement of a commodity currency, the looney is dependant on a lot of things.

For this event the money management rules were invented. Get your heads out of the sand and keep going, guys :)

Hi

Eakain is a good EA and usdcad is one of the best pair to trade.

The curve is very smoothed, and yesterday night was a abnormal

movement, but if I had been closed the trade at 3:00 the sl would

be avoided, and the loss would be less only 4 or 5 pips so I will try

to include a code to close the trades at the specific time to avoid

this type of movement without affect the profits, because the majority

of trades are closed before this time.

I´m using version 1.04 with liteforex.

Good Luck!

Edited by CW2

Hi

Eakain is a good EA and usdcad is one of the best pair to trade.

The curve is very smoothed, and yesterday night was a abnormal

movement, but if I had been closed the trade at 3:00 the sl would

be avoided, and the loss would be less only 4 or 5 pips so I will try

to include a code to close the trades at the specific time to avoid

this type of movement without affect the profits, because the majority

of trades are closed before this time.

I´m using version 1.04 with liteforex.

Good Luck!

would you kindly post the amended ea here when you have made the change to the code as you have explained?

IMHO it is 1:8.3

errr... yes. My fingers seemed not to follow my mind ... or whatever excuse you want to take.

Well, despite the heavy news yesterday Kain "survived" them with a positive USDCAD deal on my demo account. I would have guessed vice versa for monday and tuesday, but who knows in advance. I would also have guessed the EUR goes up a little more after interest rates being kept at 0.25 ... I also didn't get that correct, at least as it currently seems.

Edited by xxl205