FX Genius Robot Discussion

heroforex

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: FX Genuis Robot Discussion

I tried FXCM (Master) and 121Securities (Slave)... no trades. Anyone got any broker pair working (even if demo only)?

in demo ONLY try xtb as master and figfx as slave (incredible results, more than virtual 5000/6000$ by day :( )

or xtb/fxpro as master and masterforex as slave

in demo ONLY try xtb as master and figfx as slave (incredible results, more than virtual 5000/6000$ by day :( )

or xtb/fxpro as master and masterforex as slave

great man,hope on live will be better than gcg:):)

In live:

for figfx no, they don't allow full scalping

for masterforex, requotes-negatives trades-time out, you know the song !! X_X

I tried a lot of masters and slaves today - My Conclusion .....

Another ISEA.. fun to play with but impossible to implement. Don't waste your time on this one it is a lost case.

Had only one combination that kinda worked -- FX Pro as Slave and any STP JADEFX/The Collective etc.. as Master.

My experience with FXPRO Live - Requote.... requote.... requote.... server busy... and then trade closed in a loss aahhh the subtle feeling of getting screwed in commercial fx trading.

I tried a lot of masters and slaves today - My Conclusion .....

Another ISEA.. fun to play with but impossible to implement. Don't waste your time on this one it is a lost case.

Had only one combination that kinda worked -- FX Pro as Slave and any STP JADEFX/The Collective etc.. as Master.

My experience with FXPRO Live - Requote.... requote.... requote.... server busy... and then trade closed in a loss aahhh the subtle feeling of getting screwed in commercial fx trading.

yes, finally the name of this ea should be The fx genius requote :-?

great man,hope on live will be better than gcg:):)

In live:

for figfx no, they don't allow full scalping

for masterforex, requotes-negatives trades-time out, you know the song !! X_X

.........godamnit:)

Hello Damodhar

Thank you for the version you have provided,, Kudos for you \m/

hi, I'm not really clear why this ea doesn't work on my DEMO accounts. I have installed the master ea in FxOpen experts folder by copy and paste. Then I have installed slave ea in GCG experts folder by copy and paste. I have copied FxOpen and pasted it in GCG experts files folder. I have run FxOpen terminal from the Windows XP start menu run "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader GCG(SlaveDemo)\experts\files\MetaTrader - FXOpenMaster\terminal.exe". I have opened EURUSD chart placed the master ea on it and enabled it by checking off all appropriate boxed from tools expert advisor tab. I have created a new demo account on the platform and loged in. The master ea smiley face was on. Then I have opened GCG terminal from the start programs menu, opened a new demo account, loged in, opened EURUSD chart and placed the slave ea on it, and enabled it to trade.

Is there a difference how I log in, whether I put in the numeric IP address or select Demo account from the drop down list of log in window?

So far nothing has happened in 12 hours what should I do?

Would really appreciate your help

hi,

you've done great so far,

the only thing that came to mind that may be wrong is that maiby you didn't rename properly the master folder.

it should be renamed to: "MetaTrader (MASTER)" exactly or else it will not work,just copy this here between quotation marks and copy in the file name.

let me know if it works

D.

Even if you could get the system to work perfectly on 2 demo accounts, you would have to start from scratch again for the live ones because live quotes are on a different server from demo quotes.

ECNs commission costs need to be accounted for too.

I would need to see how stable the next version was before I would tinker with it.

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

hi,

you've done great so far,

the only thing that came to mind that may be wrong is that maiby you didn't rename properly the master folder.

it should be renamed to: "MetaTrader (MASTER)" exactly or else it will not work,just copy this here between quotation marks and copy in the file name.

let me know if it works

D.

Hi Damodhar,

Thanks a million. It has worked.

Since I am supposed to try it with diferent brokers and parameters to know who works best, I could not rename more than one broker as MetaTrader (MASTER) or MetaTrader (SLAVE).

Please how do I overcome that. You have been very helpful.

I mean I want to try different brokers until I get best result. but It could not allow me save more than one MetaTrader (MASTER) or MetaTrader (SLAVE).

hi,

the metatrader master is in the slave's expert/files folder so there it makes no conflict with names since it is the only folder.

and the slave metatrader folder doesn't have to be MetaTrader (SLAVE), it can be "gigi bubu",anything you want.

only the master have to have the right name or else the slave EA will not be able to find the master in its expert/files folder,

.....kudo:)

I'm Dave - some of my posts concerning this EA from another forum were posted here earlier.

The easiest way to change Master (and Slave brokers for that matter) that I have found is to simply add their xxxxxx.srv files to the config folder to your existing set-up. Then you just log in as usual, open a new account then select the broker that you want to use. I have a list of quite a few but don't know how to post a zip file here. You can PM me with your email and I'll send it.

From my live account experiences, Prime4X works great on demo bit they will close your account for pip hunting. Mine is closed now. FXPro works good on demo but they will kill the trades with requotes and other delays. I managed to lose 15% in just over 2 hours while demo was up over 60%. FXOpen worked marginally but the blocked my live account from EA trading because they have an unwritten 5 second rule between opening and closing trades. GCG (2pipsforex.com) works on live but they have serious problems with their reputation when it comes to withdrawals - I still can't get my money out.

One thing that has done is prompted me to go back to another broker arbitration idea I had some time ago and that is true arbitrage of opening offsetting trades with two brokers and closing them when their prices come back in line. I have written a pair of EAs that can transfer the price from one MT4 platform to an EA in another MT4 platform in a matter of milliseconds and it doesn't use the confusing folder structure of GENIUS ea. What I lack is a good trading strategy. I do know that some brokers have price quotes that are 12 - 18 pips apart from other brokers sometimes for more than a few hours. Those types of trades seem to me like they should be 100% profit after taking into account the spreads. Any thoughts on how to make this work?

Hi Dave,

I am stil interested to see how this strategy could be worked out... for the srv files you mentioned I will pm you... also I am interested in your EAs that you wrote to transfer price... by the way have you tried to change the extra stop loss when trading life? Changing the order count would kill you very fast... one idea would be to change the time frame for taking the trades but this could maybe make the EA useless.. don't know...

kind regards, joh

Changing the time frame has no effect on the EAs. You get the same results on the M1 or W1, a tick is a tick.

On the Master side, it writes out every tick.

On the Slave side, the idea is that it reacts much slower than the Master so if you wait for a Slave tick, you miss the Master price action. Therefore, the Slave runs inside of a "while (true)" type of loop. This way, you can be constantly checking the output of the Master file regardless of the number of Ticks. Here you are using the CPU as the timer and maybe a sleep(1) to keep from consuming all of the CPU so the time frame is irrelevant.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, on average Alpari UK has about 5.5 times as many ticks as FXOpen for any of the major 4 pairs. So if you wait for a FXOpen tick, you have missed 4 Alpari price feed ticks.

I also found that by using kernel32.dll calls I can transfer the data more securly and faster than using the MQ4 code. Also, I can put my output file anywhere I like instead of the convoluted directory structure that this EA uses.