High Velocity Market Master

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: (REQ) High Velocity Market Master

Guys, have 2 question about HVMM, when I attach HVMM_incremental I got error that dll is missing

"npsubhvmm.dll". In last couple of post someone mention range bars, anyone knows what size of range bars, they use?

Btw. here is link for Range Bars, if you know how to install Renko bars then you will know for Range bars

http://[email protected]/file/237487738/a7b44de1/sCRB.html

TIA

Altoronto, range Bar link is not valid.....

pls check and supply correct link - also pls INSTRUCTIONS on how to install....

i dont know the settings for range bars they use , BUT i think we can figure that out from the video - they have 18 pip profit target on GBP - so i will just put a ruler over chart to measure the RB size ;) - though different peirs might have different RB settings

While we wait for the HVMM 2010 to be released (not to be confused with the v2.2 version that was just the old version with some fixes) I thought I give a basic summary of how to get the Meta Trader files working. You know, the old adage of teaching a man to fish.

The 4 supported platforms seem to have been chosen because of the fact that the indicators can be tied to an account number verification. Using MT as an example, you have your ex4 files that are distributed. These are not human readable and have some logic in them that access an external dll file (npsub or the new hvmm sub dll). The dll contains the logic for looking up your account number via a function call from the ex4 file. The function calls are nicely named things like CheckMetaTrader. There are similar functions for the other platforms. Since the dll is not human readable nor is the ex4 file, you're stuck and the indicators will not work.

So that leaves 2 ways to fix our problem, we use a handy program from the internet called ex4-to-mq4 to change our ex4 files to something human readable. Once that's done you can open the file in Meta Trader's editor and you'll see the code. You'll also notice a line like this:

gi_96 = CheckMetaTrader(AccountNumber(), 4);

One might think that you could change that line to gi_96 = true; and bypass the whole need for the dll and the account lookup. And you would be correct.

After changing that, you can save, compile and load your new ex4 file to have a functional indicator.

The other 3 platforms are not as easy... or are they. Instead of editing the indicators, what happens if we target the npsub.dll file. Well it isn't human readable so we can't edit it. But we can replace it if only we knew the function calls... remember what we saw in the mq4 file? Yup, the function call of CheckMetaTrader and the same functions exist for the other platforms. So now (and I haven't gotten around to it yet, but maybe tomorrow or later this week) all we'd need to do is write our own dll named the same thing (npsub.dll) and create functions within it that are called the same things as the indicators reference. Those functions in our case will simply return the value of "true". So as far as an unmodified indicator is concerned, it's sending a check for the account number and receiving a valid response. That "should" allow it to work without changing them each time. Like I said, I haven't gotten to it yet, but maybe this week. Unless someone else wants to jump on it.

So there you go, if you're getting an error about a dll file, you don't want it, it just means your indicator is not educated. So your options are to educate it yourself or hold on for an educated dll.

Ok guys hope this helps

Be aware that as I said in an earlier post I was not sure whether these were the lastest indicators and I have been asured they are not plus i learnt how to decompile myself the other day and had a look inside the indies as well.

I only use 3 indies on the chart

profitline factor set to 4

directional no change

osob level set to 0.5

These are my settings that I have obtained by watching videos and lookingfor qlues

All the information needed is posted earlier how to enter TP and SL

Outcast, do your indicators match up with the 2010 after making those changes to the current ones? If so, it's interesting to see that those simple changes would enable the earlier triggers and better profits.

The other big addition I've seen is what appears to be a moving stop line. That shouldn't be too hard to add since the stop loss line is basically calculated based on the entry point and some other indicators at the point of entry. The difference would be that the current stop is fixed because of the way the handle things. It's basically a state machine, when the trigger for an entry occurs the values are locked until another trigger event. So that means even though the profit line and potential entry points continue to move, the chart remains fixed. I'm betting the changed the logic to allow the stop loss to continue to calculate based on the indicators that continue to move and not the value when the entry trigger occurred. I guess we'll see when we get our hands on the new ones and tear them apart. The other big part is going to be deciphering the rules and exceptions based on watching the videos unless someone can get their hands on a manual or training video.

Tomorrow is the big day, let's hope they post them quickly...

Ok guys hope this helps

Be aware that as I said in an earlier post I was not sure whether these were the lastest indicators and I have been asured they are not plus i learnt how to decompile myself the other day and had a look inside the indies as well.

I only use 3 indies on the chart

profitline factor set to 4

directional no change

osob level set to 0.5

These are my settings that I have obtained by watching videos and lookingfor qlues

All the information needed is posted earlier how to enter TP and SL

Outcast, what size of Range Bars you use? Let me confirm, you are not using HVMMCalcLong/Short indy?

TIA

Outcast, do your indicators match up with the 2010 after making those changes to the current ones? If so, it's interesting to see that those simple changes would enable the earlier triggers and better profits.

reinhj the settings I am using are from when they first got the idea to trade range bars on MT4. With what I have seen so far the only change is in the long/short cal indicators

It appears that the mom indy is no longer used and everything is based on the profitline directional and osob indicators

now from what i can gather in the new cal indicators you can set your own setup early exit and stoploss signals. How I have them worked out for now is when the profitline changes say to a short the first bar to the right of the profitline is the entry bar as long as the osob is pointing down and over the 0.5 line enter 6 pips below the close

Early exit would be if the osob changes back to a long then I put a early exit 6 pips above that range bar

Will be great to our hands on the real deal will save alot of bother lol lol

Outcast, what size of Range Bars you use? Let me confirm, you are not using HVMMCalcLong/Short indy?

no I do not use the calc indy's but I will when i get my hands on the new ones

I use a 6 pip range bar

**** UPDATE **** I have just seen a video and saw that the OSOB was set to 0.5 and 15 and the profitline set to 5 I will be trying this today . I missed the launch so I didn't get anymore imformation I hope someone else did get there and can share anything new with us

reinhj the settings I am using are from when they first got the idea to trade range bars on MT4. With what I have seen so far the only change is in the long/short cal indicators

It appears that the mom indy is no longer used and everything is based on the profitline directional and osob indicators

now from what i can gather in the new cal indicators you can set your own setup early exit and stoploss signals. How I have them worked out for now is when the profitline changes say to a short the first bar to the right of the profitline is the entry bar as long as the osob is pointing down and over the 0.5 line enter 6 pips below the close

Early exit would be if the osob changes back to a long then I put a early exit 6 pips above that range bar

Will be great to our hands on the real deal will save alot of bother lol lol

Hello outcast,

Thanks for your explanations. Would you be kind enough to show some diagrams on your entries and exits signals? I am still trying hard to understand your methodologies as it seems very profitable. I am not sure if you would prefer to write it into a manual instead for easy reference.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Collin

Would you be kind enough to show some diagrams on your entries and exits signals

I have tired but I cant get it to upload always get file to big. I have used picsa to resize but cant get it small enough and still readable.

I haven't used a file sharing site before to share a file maybe I need to look into it

I have tired but I cant get it to upload always get file to big. I have used picsa to resize but cant get it small enough and still readable.

I haven't used a file sharing site before to share a file maybe I need to look into it

Thanks for looking into it.

You can use 4shared as the creation of userid is pretty straight forward. Please let me know if you need further assistance in this area. I can be reached easily via PM.

Regards,

Paul

Paul

I have tired hope it works lol

Please note these are my settings and I make no claim to them been the exact settings used for this system

profitline I now use factor 5

osob I now use level 0.5 and IndPeriod 15

directional

http://[email protected]/file/238883295/2bc93cf8/gbpusd_hvmm_trade_setup.html

Guys I dont know whether this will be any help but I have done a spreadsheet for 2 days taking every trade on the gbpusd from around 8.30 2nd march to 2100 3rd march. I know it's not a long enough time to really get an overall view but it maybe helpfull.

This is using my settings and entries as I have posted before

Note: in the timeframe column you know I use a 6pip range bar so the "RE" is for a re-entry trade.

Times are from Alpari UK demo account if that helps

you can get the screenshot here if you want to take a look

http://[email protected]/file/240157608/ea641680/gbpusd_spreadsheet.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...