Megadroid Pro (links first post)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Megadroid Pro

I've left MD Pro running on EURUSD and USDCHF, but with aggressive off. Hasn't lost yet or wiped me out, but the profit growth is slow.

Honestly, I think it's the second aggressive strategy is the real cause for alarm with megadroid. It trades more often but screws up more often as well.

Even authors of MegaDroid do not believe in their expert and they haven't provided a real statement of this EA on their website. Now they are selling other EAs such as The Swissy Accu-Scalper Robot and FX Enforcer and they send advertising emails to their clients every now and then . I cannot say the MegaDroid is a scam but I dare to say it is not promising at all.

The problem I see with all this ultra scalping EAs is their high SL and small TP settings. Even if you get 90% win ratio you could still be in minus. I have yet to see EA with 1:1 or at least 3:2 SL/TP ratio that is profitable. Then I'll believe in trading logic behind it. Some banks and hedge funds have invested millions in EAs which do work but they won't let it become public or they are only willing to sell it for super high prices to other institutional investors. If "our" 50 bucks EAs were profitable why would they spend so much money in development of the EAs on their own? And why would you sell something that can make millions for 50$ risking that a lot of EA users opening positions exactly at the same time can swing market price action :hammer:

Now they are selling other EAs such as The Swissy Accu-Scalper Robot.

Swissy Accu-Scalper actually is MDPro EURCHF, with the EA stripped of the ability to trade the other pairs.

Using this marketing template, I'm sure at some point in the future they'll roll out the USDCAD scalper or the USDCHF scalper as a "bonus" for some other affiliate deal....

Too funny.

I've left MD Pro running on EURUSD and USDCHF, but with aggressive off. Hasn't lost yet or wiped me out, but the profit growth is slow.

Honestly, I think it's the second aggressive strategy is the real cause for alarm with megadroid. It trades more often but screws up more often as well.

^:)^ Rio can U please post U MD Pro so I can download many thanks in advance =D>

The problem I see with all this ultra scalping EAs is their high SL and small TP settings. Even if you get 90% win ratio you could still be in minus. I have yet to see EA with 1:1 or at least 3:2 SL/TP ratio that is profitable. Then I'll believe in trading logic behind it. Some banks and hedge funds have invested millions in EAs which do work but they won't let it become public or they are only willing to sell it for super high prices to other institutional investors. If "our" 50 bucks EAs were profitable why would they spend so much money in development of the EAs on their own? And why would you sell something that can make millions for 50$ risking that a lot of EA users opening positions exactly at the same time can swing market price action :hammer:

I think this risk/reward thing is the key. Why don't many ea's have this? Surely their are strategy's that have higher tp than sl.

I have often thought about doing something like MD in reverse. Have small SL and huge TP. say 80tp and 15 sl. Set break even at 20. You could have 5 losers to each winner. Perhaps just a channel breakout ea? run it at after 23:00gmt when japan starts to kick in.

Is anyone still using MDPro live? It has made +40pips last week and two SL with USDD/CAD wich erased all gains again X-( When it starts making some profit it eliminates it with just one or two SL. Assian session is wild today. Euro hitting three months high and strong retracement to 61.8 fib 3ATR on 5 min is higher then 30 :?: Very bad enviroment for scalping EA like MDPro.

Is anyone still using MDPro live? It has made +40pips last week and two SL with USDD/CAD wich erased all gains again X-( When it starts making some profit it eliminates it with just one or two SL. Assian session is wild today. Euro hitting three months high and strong retracement to 61.8 fib 3ATR on 5 min is higher then 30 :?: Very bad enviroment for scalping EA like MDPro.

I told sometime ago that megadroid is a loser. but I can see some people still using it on their accounts and still lose their money ...

Well, I am using MD XE 1.2 on EURUSD logic 1, UCH logic 4, GBPUSD logic 4, EURJPY logic 1 and USDJPY logic 4 quite successfully, but only 21-23h GMT (22-24h german time).

I have skipped EURCHF, EURGBP and USDCAD long time ago already, cause nothing but wipes here. Simplyfying on the right pairs and trading hours is best work to do :) also Dragonpips helps me a lot, makes very good deals 20-23h GMT M15 ...

Happy weekend :)

MDPro just hit 2 SL on EU/JPY and 1 on USD/JPY -140pips. "Luckily" I've been trading only 0.1 lots and closed 1 USD/JPY position manually while still in small profit. I've lost 2 weeks gains and am currently -2,5% down on my account. I think this is it for me. I can't sleep well knowing EA can loose 60pips or more and win only 10 or less pips per trade @-)

Guest jaet1989

MDpro is dead!!! the only viable pair is eurusd, and that is struggling big time at the minute!!

My advice, trade manually...

Or again, create an EA with good risk/reward, and share it with me :D

• 2 weeks later...

The 2nd Edition is here!

MegaDroidPro v1.00ee2

....obsolete....MegaDroidPro_v1_00ee2_rar

MegaDroidPro v1.00ee2 (ee means "Educated & Enhanced" ;) )

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version of MegaDroidPro has

1. Disabled Authentication

You can write any ReceiptCode or leave the field empty.

The .dll doesn't prevent buy & sell orders anymore if authentication fails.

No annoying "Not Authenticated" message is showing up.

2. Applicable on any pairs

Not just EUR/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP and USD/CHF can be traded, but any pairs.

The pairs are traded by separate logics. The default pairs are traded by

their own logics, this cannot be changed.

However, if you're start MegaDroidPro on an officially unsupported pair,

you have to choose by which logic should that pair be traded.

For this, there is a Logic variable among the settings.

The Logic variable can be set to four values:

1 - trade by the EUR/USD logic

2 - trade by the EUR/CHF logic

3 - trade by the EUR/GBP logic

4 - trade by the USD/CHF logic

The default is 1 (EUR/USD logic).

3. Spread limit can be freely changed

Some broker has higher night spreads at some pairs, therefore MegaDroid

often sent out the message: "Safe spread limit exceeded"

Therefore there is a new variable called MaxSpread.

If MaxSpread set to 0 (zero), then MegaDroid's default built-in

spread limits are used.

If MaxSpread set to other number, then that number will be used as the new

"Safe spread limit". If you're on 5 digit broker, then multiply it by 10!

You can set MaxSpread to -1 (minus one). This tells MegaDroidPro to set

the maximum allowed spread to the currency's actual highest spread.

This way you don't have to guess what is the correct value. This setting is

actually disabling the spread limit protection! (See Warning!)

Example: you want to trade GBP/JPY, but its spread is 7 / 10 (day/night).

Set MaxSpread to 10 (night spread) if you're on 4 digit broker.

Set MaxSpread to 100 if you're on 5 digit broker!

Set MaxSpread to -1 and spread limit protection will be disabled.

Warning! MegaDroidPro is a scalping robot! If you set MaxSpread too high or

trade pairs with too high spreads, then it may lead to large drawdown or

even account blowup! Try to trade the pairs with the tightest spreads!

That's all!

Enjoy!

Hi,

I can not find the download address of the file. Can you post the address again?

thanks very much.

^:)^

Again, I am doing well with MDPro on the EURUSD and USDCHF, but only with Aggressive false.

I have quit scalping on EURCHF and EURGBP... I think you used to be able to scalp on those pairs, but the market is entirely different now. Even those nice 10 year backtests mean nothing on those pairs in the current conditions.

Also... has anyone tried to reoptimize the logics on any of the pairs (especially over the last 6 months) with the XE version? I think you'll find that the ability to optimize the logic may help MDPro live again.