Manual Saw System

Re: My Amazing Manual Saw System!

Hi 50 Club

Please make the Arrows only show up when the ADX cross last.

That should increase Accuracy.

This SAW system deppend on the eye, the only way to make it Automatic is to decrease signals.

So far the Time Window which I might adjust later is one solution.

the second is by having the Arrows show up only when the ADX cross last.

For those who wonder why, here is why:

The Momentum will show us how serious the Market is about the up or down move.

The MACD has the strongest crosses among any other indicators out there.

So when these two Elements gets combined, we will be looking for the third one to confirm the direction Validity, which is the ADX.

Do I stricktly trade like that when I manual trade?

No, I use my trained eyes and take crossing signals regardless of which one crosses first. and use the fourth Element sometimes to judge.

So please, make the arrows not show up, unless the ADX cross last.

Will wait for your update, then will continue my testing.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 50 Club

That should increase Accuracy.

This SAW system deppend on the eye, the only way to make it Automatic is to decrease signals.

So far the Time Window which I might adjust later is one solution.

the second is by having the Arrows show up only when the ADX cross last.

For those who wonder why, here is why:

The Momentum will show us how serious the Market is about the up or down move.

The MACD has the strongest crosses among any other indicators out there.

So when these two Elements gets combined, we will be looking for the third one to confirm the direction Validity, which is the ADX.

Do I stricktly trade like that when I manual trade?

No, I use my trained eyes and take crossing signals regardless of which one crosses first. and use the fourth Element sometimes to judge.

So please, make the arrows not show up, unless the ADX cross last.

Will wait for your update, then will continue my testing.

Also Note: Sometimes the Momentum and the ADX would cross at the same time which is fine, as long as the ADX coinsides with the other two current crossings

Hey there.. What is in the Saw4MT4.ex4 file.. I cant do a crc check on the file.. I get file overrun errors.. This usually means there is an open bracket somewhere or a missing return(0) at the end of a module..

can you post the mq4 code and I can take a look..

Thats your indi, renamed. :mrgreen:

Here is correct pack - http://slil.ru/27519395

Yes will do,

But first we must back test, and forward test, and see if the EA is profitable, because if its not, then will ask to call it off. This EA must be profitable Before adding the fourth rule.

we are all waiting for YOU to test it since YOU know what the results should be..

Isnt the forth rule a simple test to to see if the ADX Main indicator is above 20 or below 40 or something like that???

I wont do any more work on the indicator until you give the go ahead..

Let us know..

Yes, what I will do is open FXAccu chart, then open the Metatrader with your indicator, then see how things are working. I wont give you the Go till I test it for three trading days or so, I need to make sure that no one would end up wasting his time.

I am Optimistic, and hope all of you are as well.

The indi I whipped up last night is very crude at best.. I have a generic indi that I can plug in system specific triggers and get an idea what the result might be.. Last night I plugged in your system and got the first three rules done before bed time.. The indi still needs a time frame window on the triggers and the forth rule (whatever that is) to be added..

I also have a generic EA that triggers off the indi.. I havent touched the EA since there are already several guys working for you on the EA..

Anyway fire up the EA's these guys have made or test the simple inid I made..

Hi, I finally could figure out how to back test on your Indicator. the indicators cross much earlier than they do in my FXAccu chart.

The indicator will not work. we need to figure out the closest setting to the Fxaccu chart. Which I have complained about at the start of this thread.

Your Momentum is diffinatley not the same, and the Adx would cross by turning Red or Green before the current candle closes, thats why you're getting so many false signals.

I guess my testing is done from here, till all these problems get fixed.

If you guys have made your all your EAs with the same settings, then my testing is over till you fix the the indicator settings issue, which I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out, but gave up.

Hi, I finally could figure out how to back test on your Indicator. the indicators cross much earlier than they do in my FXAccu chart.

The indicator will not work. we need to figure out the closest setting to the Fxaccu chart. Which I have complained about at the start of this thread.

Your Momentum is diffinatley not the same, and the Adx would cross by turning Red or Green before the current candle closes, thats why you're getting so many false signals.

If you guys have made your all your EAs with the same settings, then my testing is over till you fix the the indicator settings issue, which I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out, but gave up.

just keep in faith..and believe... we can make it become the real profitable one like your's.

we just need some time..I believe we can make it next week.

just keep in faith..and believe... we can make it become the real profitable one like your's.

we just need some time..I believe we can make it next week.

I believe that this team is capable of everything. :)

:shand:

Indicator which club50 made SHOW arrows when to enter IDENTICALLY when u would enter by looking on AccuFX, IF u set ADX=20 ,MOM=20, MACD=5,15,9. Compare if u dont believe.

Which Pairs?

I watched the Eur/Usd and Gbp/Usd ... the Indicator would cross before the current candle closes, that alone is enough to distroy the system.

Look at the Momentum on the 15 minute chart Eur/Usd,, The indicator shows a cross of the Momentum which never actually happened on the FXAccu chart till 45 minutes later, and it was a small weak cross, in the FXAccu chart, but a very sustained one in the indicator.

Arrows must be programmed to cross After the MACD and with the Momentum OR After the MACD and the Momentum.

Also, the Arrows Must be set within a time Window of 45 to 75 minutes from the First cross, which I am sure the team understands that, I am just reminding. because even the time Window needs to be tweeked, I have chosen to start with the 45 minutes because I think it is the safest choice.

We must tweek this and get 80% wins, to move on to the fourth element, which in my openion is harder to program... But again, I know nothing about programming and I hope it would be easier.

Hopefully by next week, we would have everything Set. :arrow:

Sorry that was a typo, I mean the window must be between 45 and 85 minutes, NO more.

This means (in case of a 45 minutes window) After the First cross, we wait for the next 15 minute Candle to close, if nothing happens, then wait for the one after to close, if nothing happens, then wait for the Final one, If nothing happens, then the trade Window is closed, and no trades would be taken based on the direction of the first cross.

Hi 50 Club

Ok I made a change.. Now the arrows are presented only if the ADX cross takes place after the other two triggers.. I didnt try this in the backtest, I am not for sure how the backtester deals with the server time issue.. So no guarantees if the backtester can do anything with this new version. I did not add the TimeWindow feature so this indicator puts up arrows whenever the conditions are met reguardless of the distance between the triggers.. The only thing this indi does different from the last version is to verify the ADX cross happens after the other 2 triggers have been met..

http://slil.ru/27520577

Thanks club50, but I dont see differences in signals for last 1000 bars on chart, it seems that its very rarely that ADX dont crosses last.

hi thesecret..Ihaven't tested it yet..but I saw the default setting:

extern string     Advanced_Settings = "=== set ADX, MOM, MACD.";
extern int        ADX_period = 20;
extern int        MOM_period = 12;
extern int        MACD_fast_ema = 5;
extern int        MACD_slow_ema = 15;
extern int        MACD_signal_period = 9;

have u changed it when backtest? the MOM period is 20.

I guess checking the ADX as being last helps filter.. My old indi just put up an arrow on basically noise, whereas the new 1-2 indi did not.. TOO bad we only have an hour left in real time.. Sure wish forex ran 24/7 I could do a lot of good things on sat/sun..

I always use ADX=20, MOM=20, MACD=5,15,9, that reflects signals from AccuFX, for me at least, i am with forex.com broker.

No differences for me with 1.2 indi for last 1000 bars on EU...

I always use ADX=20, MOM=20, MACD=5,15,9, that reflects signals from AccuFX, for me at least, i am with forex.com broker.

well...okay... :mrgreen:

just remind u my friend.. :peace:

do u mean 1.1 and 1.2?

of course 1.1 and 1.2 are same... bcos he just modify newbar function..added version creating object..

TOO bad we only have an hour left in real time.. Sure wish forex ran 24/7 I could do a lot of good things on sat/sun..

@club50: that's why we need to make EA, so we can backtest on holiday.. :mrgreen: I think it's easy.. we just need to move the method to EA, after we backtest it, we can see the performance on chart. how about my idea?

do u mean 1.1 and 1.2?

of course 1.1 and 1.2 are same... bcos he just modify newbar function..added version creating object..

I mean no diff between 1.0 and 1.2 :evil:

Yea.. I had a problem where it wasnt putting the bar close clock in the right location.. Only was a problem if you ran the old indi and the new indi on the same chart.. Had to change the clock object name.. But were all good now..

well real time just ended.. Time to go the lake.. be back Sunday for more fun..

Hello 50 Club, TheSecret... Everyone.

in a normal chart, the indicator might cross down when the price goes down, but when the price bounces within the Candle time (Before closing the Candle) The indicator would bounce back and the crossing which was seen wouldn't exist anymore.

That is why in the Manual System, I ask not to Buy/Sell till the current Candle close, and the Next Candle opens.

50Club, in your indicator, it would cross down when price goes down, but if the price bounces up, the Indicator would stay Down.

That is why you are getting sooooo many signals, and most of them are losers.

Once that gets fixed, then we can discuss the settings.

Hi thesecret

The issue which I have explained in the previous post might be the reason why I saw a huge difference between the two charts.

Once that gets fixed, then the settings issue would clear up.

OOPS sorry the version I just put out had a typo error in the new bar routine..

Delete ver 1-1 that I sent earlier..

Heres version SAW v1-2

http://slil.ru/27520931

And TrueTrader.. I havnt changed anything reguarding arrow size.. But you can change it youself by going to the indi properties/colors..

Hi, I just back tested this version, Arrows would still show regardless of which indicator crosses first.

I think that should get fixed before Monday, along with indicators crossing and NOT bouncing back with the price if the prices bounces.

Hopefully, next week we can start with the Fourth Element

in a normal chart, the indicator might cross down when the price goes down, but when the price bounces within the Candle time (Before closing the Candle) The indicator would bounce back and the crossing which was seen wouldn't exist anymore.

That is why in the Manual System, I ask not to Buy/Sell till the current Candle close, and the Next Candle opens.

50Club, in your indicator, it would cross down when price goes down, but if the price bounces up, the Indicator would stay Down.

Manual system has false signals also. Indicators are based on price action, so on candle after cross price can retrace and cross isnt there 15 sec after, so when u look at the chart for previous signals U would think that u wouldnt enter at that time when in reality u would! So forward test is a must, or Trading Simulator-http://depositfiles.com/en/files/5qmte0163.

Manual system has false signals also. Indicators are based on price action, so on candle after cross price can retrace and cross isnt there 15 sec after, so when u look at the chart for previous signals U would think that u wouldnt enter at that time when in reality u would! So forward test is a must, or Trading Simulator-http://depositfiles.com/en/files/5qmte0163.

Just look at the FXAccu chart and see how many trade opportunities would show up in a week for one currency, then look at the MT4 indicator. The number is uncomparable.

Of course the Manual system has false signal, but these are based on the rules. which would result into two losers against 8 winners.

The reason why ask to wait for the current candle to close to be able buy/Sell in my Manual system is to avoid these "Fake crosses" which the SAW indicator can't avoid at all.

Yes, EXACTLY!! Indicators follow the price, that is why if the price bounces back, so should the indicator.

All this must be fixed before attempting any testing.

We have still done a big step last week :arrow: