Manual Saw System

Re: My Amazing Manual Saw System!

hi, one question please:

when we set the time window, lets say the Momentum and the MACD forst cross up while the Directional movement System has crossed up already before them (No time window qualification here) but lets say the Movement System cross down then cross back up in 30 minutes while both of the two indicators are still crossed up. in that case the EA should look at the fourth qualifier to confirm. but lets forget about the fourth qualifier for now to make things simple then will move to it later.

My question is, will the EA re-open the time window since the Movement System crossed down while the two indicators are still up??

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made an indicator for this last night.. The indi has 4 lines. THe bottom line is red/green depending on if ADX is red/green. THe 2nd line is red/green depending on if MOM is above/below yellow line. The 3rd line is red/green depending on if MACD is above/below yellow line. The top/4th line is up/down depending of if the other lines are all red/green. This is version 1 of the indi.. I still have to add the fourth qualifier and put in the time window feature.. I will do that later today.. You will note that I use a feature to save a log file to hard drive. If you turn debug on you can save operations tick by tick.. Hope this helps a little for now..

http://slil.ru/27516832

Great job! :arrow: :arrow: EA should be based on this indicator! With trading pause from 7pm GMT till 7am GMT, AND with this settings:

ADX period - 20

MOM period - 20

MACD - 5,15,9

and extern in EA, trade opens when arrow appears.

Thank you Club50 for indicator and I will added in EA. And of course to you Abdulisback for all set of rules, still busy at work so don't have a much time to play with it.

well... I have seen club50's indi.. is that time window for open triggered?

@altoronto: please if u have a time.. try to update the EA..

@abdul: have u seen club50's indi? what do you think about it? already fix for the 3 first terms? if so, let's discuss the 4th..

Great job! :arrow: :arrow: EA should be based on this indicator! With trading pause from 7pm GMT till 7am GMT, AND with this settings:

ADX period - 20

MOM period - 14

MACD - 6,15,9

and extern in EA, trade opens when arrow appears.

Hi thesecret, have u analyzed for club50's default settings? and your settings will be better?

sorry my bad english.

I made an indicator for this last night.. The indi has 4 lines. THe bottom line is red/green depending on if ADX is red/green. THe 2nd line is red/green depending on if MOM is above/below yellow line. The 3rd line is red/green depending on if MACD is above/below yellow line. The top/4th line is up/down depending of if the other lines are all red/green. This is version 1 of the indi.. I still have to add the fourth qualifier and put in the time window feature.. I will do that later today.. You will note that I use a feature to save a log file to hard drive. If you turn debug on you can save operations tick by tick.. Hope this helps a little for now..

Hi Club50,

Thank you for the high quality work. I will fix problems with my computer and will try your indicator next week for sure.

May I ask you what did you replace the Directional Movement System with? is it a similar indicator? were did you get it from?

Thank you :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Ok, while forward testing I saw that "old" settings for indicator arent good, these should be:

ADX period - 20

MOM period - 20

MACD - 5,15,9

Hi, why did you change the MACD settings from 12,26,9 ?

The old settings, you mean the ones taken from the PDF file?

I think we need to find out more on what can be the best replacement to the "Moving System" indicator

In the Forward testing, how many trades you got?

I think we need to find out more on what can be the best replacement to the "Moving System" indicator

I set settings in indicator like those I am using in MT4 SAW system because that settings give EXACT signals like in Accu platform, u cant use pdf settings for MT4 when that is for other indis and other platform, I replicated your system for mt4 and it works. U dont need D Moving system , I use Advanced ADX.

I set settings in indicator like those I am using in MT4 SAW system because that settings give EXACT signals like in Accu platform, u cant use pdf settings for MT4 when that is for other indis and other platform, I replicated your system for mt4 and it works. U dont need D Moving system , I use Advanced ADX.

Hats off to you brother :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Amazing team work Bravo!

Here are two versions of SAW System for MT4 platform:

SAW_Original (three indicators)

SAW_Simple (one indicator with alert)

optimized settings for EURUSDM15 & USDCHFM15. Avoid Asian session and 45min before and after news.

http://slil.ru/27517912

Enjoy! :peace:

thesecret, lets run it on news for now, would be easier to back test.

Congratulation Everyone, challenge one is now over. Lets Backtest, and forwardtest and see what we should add.

Hopefully, next week we will start challenge Two, which is the ADX,, I will write a PDF file to explain more about the Fourth condition.

But first lets Test

Hi DaSimply,

Wow...what a complete indicator..I found it...the DMI System indicator..
now, I'll try to learn it.
thanks Abdul.

Please post the DMI System indicatorthat you found.

Thanks

here's the DMI SYSTEM indicator:

http://slil.ru/27518095

Hi Club50,

Thank you for the high quality work. I will fix problems with my computer and will try your indicator next week for sure.

May I ask you what did you replace the Directional Movement System with? is it a similar indicator? were did you get it from?

Thank you :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

let me help answer this for Club50... :lol:

he's using iADX() indicator(advance ADX) just like I used...have 3 lines inside, +DI,-DI,and ADX.

Congratulation Everyone, challenge one is now over. Lets Backtest, and forwardtest and see what we should add.

Hopefully, next week we will start challenge Two, which is the ADX,, I will write a PDF file to explain more about the Fourth condition.

But first lets Test

are you sure it already met what u figured out?

thesecret works great... :mrgreen:

that's what I mean..I use adv_ADX too...I think it similar with DMI SYSTEMS.. have 3 lines inside, +DI,-DI,and ADX.

@Abdul: can't hardly wait for your 4th rules here... hope u can fix ur PC quickly..so u can share us your 4th's... :mrgreen: :peace:

@thesecret: thanks again...there is the updated one like before,right? I thought u wrote EA(but already same as club50's),but u do exact adjusment in that method.. :arrow:

so...let's backtest/forwardtest....please share what u've got...

Yes will do,

But first we must back test, and forward test, and see if the EA is profitable, because if its not, then will ask to call it off. This EA must be profitable Before adding the fourth rule.

we are all waiting for YOU to test it since YOU know what the results should be..

Isnt the forth rule a simple test to to see if the ADX Main indicator is above 20 or below 40 or something like that???

I wont do any more work on the indicator until you give the go ahead..

Let us know..

Yes will do,

But first we must back test, and forward test, and see if the EA is profitable, because if its not, then will ask to call it off. This EA must be profitable Before adding the fourth rule.

we are all waiting for YOU to test it since YOU know what the results should be..

Isnt the forth rule a simple test to to see if the ADX Main indicator is above 20 or below 40 or something like that???

Let us know..

Yes, what I will do is open FXAccu chart, then open the Metatrader with your indicator, then see how things are working. I wont give you the Go till I test it for three trading days or so, I need to make sure that no one would end up wasting his time.

I am Optimistic, and hope all of you are as well.

Yes will do,

Let us know..

Yes, what I will do is open FXAccu chart, then open the Metatrader with your indicator, then see how things are working. I wont give you the Go till I test it for three trading days or so, I need to make sure that no one would end up wasting his time.

I am Optimistic, and hope all of you are as well.

The indi I whipped up last night is very crude at best.. I have a generic indi that I can plug in system specific triggers and get an idea what the result might be.. Last night I plugged in your system and got the first three rules done before bed time.. The indi still needs a time frame window on the triggers and the forth rule (whatever that is) to be added..

I also have a generic EA that triggers off the indi.. I havent touched the EA since there are already several guys working for you on the EA..

Anyway fire up the EA's these guys have made or test the simple inid I made..

Here are two versions of SAW System for MT4 platform:

SAW_Original (three indicators)

SAW_Simple (one indicator with alert)

optimized settings for EURUSDM15 & USDCHFM15. Avoid Asian session and 45min before and after news.

http://slil.ru/27517912

Enjoy! :peace:

Hey there.. What is in the Saw4MT4.ex4 file.. I cant do a crc check on the file.. I get file overrun errors.. This usually means there is an open bracket somewhere or a missing return(0) at the end of a module..

can you post the mq4 code and I can take a look..

The indi I whipped up last night is very crude at best.. I have a generic indi that I can plug in system specific triggers and get an idea what the result might be.. Last night I plugged in your system and got the first three rules done before bed time.. The indi still needs a time frame window on the triggers and the forth rule (whatever that is) to be added..

I also have a generic EA that triggers off the indi.. I havent touched the EA since there are already several guys working for you on the EA..

Anyway fire up the EA's these guys have made or test the simple inid I made..

okay...never mind if u wanna setup an EA trigger..

I'll wait for your work, so we can focus just in one EA...deal? :peace:

Hi DaSimplify,

Thanks for the DMI system. However the file posted is an EA and not an indicator. Also, the EA refers to an indicator "dmi".

If you have the indicators it will be nice.

TT

well..I found the indi...it's not in package..here's I grabbed from:

http://abysse.co.jp/mt4/indicator_name_d.html

here's the link:

http://abysse.co.jp/mt4/indicators/dmi.mq4

Hi, Club50.

This indicator is hard to back test, I must forward test only. it will take about a week or so.

Thank you

Hi, Club50.

This indicator is hard to back test, I must forward test only. it will take about a week or so.

Thank you

yeah..I hope Club50 will make the EA trigger for us.

So, we'll wait for u.