Forex Day Monster

If you follow the rules of the system it will keep you out of most ranging periods with few losses. And system will have losing days and even the best systems will perform at break even at best during ranging periods. Luckily the nature of small time frames like 5m & 15m is catching the several intraday short term trends that develop. Off the top of my head I would say the system if followed mechanically will produce greater than %70 winners with minimal drawdown.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a post about taking off the support/resistance indi. Did you try that?

Freddie

Hi Freddie:

I did try that and it helps a little. But, I still very sluggish. I ended up dividing the couple of charts amongst different PCs. (to be honest, I don't like trading this way. I like all charts in 1 platform where I trade off of..) If this system gives me consistent and enough pips, I may buy or upgrade with higher RAM.

wanrayman; I have a few questions and hope you can share your thoughts.

I trade on 15 min chart.

1) Do you wait until all 4 oscillators to turn to same color? Example: I received 'short' signal and everything is red except last (4hr) FDM oscillator is still blue. Do you wait until this change the color to red ?

2) How long do you wait after you get the signal (arrow)? Trading on 15 min bar, if 8 bars to wait, it's 2 hrs. So, I am wondering how long do you wait until you decide it is void signal.

3) FDM trend power, do you check all other time frame or just a few? There are 6 TF showing. If I am trading on 15 min chart, what do you check before you enter?

4) Moving Avg 1 line (blue with green or red dots) - FDM real price channel. Do you only trade if price is above/below to go "long' or 'short'?

I would appreciate if you share your trading method.

Thanks,

Edited by fx4_ever

wanrayman; I have a few questions and hope you can share your thoughts.

I trade on 15 min chart.

1) Do you wait until all 4 oscillators to turn to same color? Example: I received 'short' signal and everything is red except last (4hr) FDM oscillator is still blue. Do you wait until this change the color to red ?

2) How long do you wait after you get the signal (arrow)? Trading on 15 min bar, if 8 bars to wait, it's 2 hrs. So, I am wondering how long do you wait until you decide it is void signal.

3) FDM trend power, do you check all other time frame or just a few? There are 6 TF showing. If I am trading on 15 min chart, what do you check before you enter?

4) Moving Avg 1 line (blue with green or red dots) - FDM real price channel. Do you only trade if price is above/below to go "long' or 'short'?

I would appreciate if you share your trading method.

Thanks,

no fx4_ever i dont... as the 4hr osc changes its color.. after the 4h bar closes (only if the market moves) i usually just watch the first and second osc...

i just wait for the both buy/sell pressure turns to red, fdm fast trend red and fdm ftc red, osc on current (i.e 30m) and higher (1hr) for short and vice versa.. if the bar is more than 5.. i would skip the trade.. so usually i would be in a trade 1 or 2 bar after the signal arrow...

no i just trade on the timeframe im trading which is the 30m.. i do however monitor the adx just to make sure whats going on on the higher timeframe...

yes.. long above and short below.. however i do trade if the bars is hanging around the MA like the E/j today.. made some nice pips with this...

p.s: placing an earlybird indicator from stealth system works too.. it gives better entry signals and add RSI +10 / -10 to avoid chopy market... thus i give u the almost perfect technical trading system~ at least i think so... heheheheh..

hope this answer some of ur question fx4_ever... how did u do today? hope u made some pips and wish u all the best for tomorrows' trading day~

cenation! never give up!

ok for today's trade~

e/j = +30pips 1st lot +60 pips second lot = 90pips

e/g = +30pips 1st lot B/E 2nd lot...

total for today is 120pips... :) thank god~

been trading the 1h chart today.. my daughter is not feeling well so have to change my trading method.. i've found out that on the 1h chart.. when a signal comes pops up.. 30 - 60 pips within 2 hrs is a no problemo for the system.. so decided to try this sort of TP for this week.. SL is about 30 - 40 pips... (if 1 bar moves around 60pips might consider tightening your lots not SL.. as u need to give the pairs some room to breath as some traders are taking their profit off the table)

may we all make some pips tmr.. god willing~

good night guys~

:)

no fx4_ever i dont... as the 4hr osc changes its color.. after the 4h bar closes (only if the market moves) i usually just watch the first and second osc...

i just wait for the both buy/sell pressure turns to red, fdm fast trend red and fdm ftc red, osc on current (i.e 30m) and higher (1hr) for short and vice versa.. if the bar is more than 5.. i would skip the trade.. so usually i would be in a trade 1 or 2 bar after the signal arrow...

no i just trade on the timeframe im trading which is the 30m.. i do however monitor the adx just to make sure whats going on on the higher timeframe...

yes.. long above and short below.. however i do trade if the bars is hanging around the MA like the E/j today.. made some nice pips with this...

p.s: placing an earlybird indicator from stealth system works too.. it gives better entry signals and add RSI +10 / -10 to avoid chopy market... thus i give u the almost perfect technical trading system~ at least i think so... heheheheh..

hope this answer some of ur question fx4_ever... how did u do today? hope u made some pips and wish u all the best for tomorrows' trading day~

cenation! never give up!

Thank you very much for all the answers. Now I know very clear how you approach the trading using FDM.

I never used stealth system (early bird that you mentioned), but I shall try tomorrow and see.

I did well today, I think. I trade G/U and got 58 pips on 1st lot and 30 pips on 2nd order - total 88 pips The setup was perfect, but it last several hours, but that's Ok. It's my job. :) I am slowly trading this system, so I will be adding more pairs to my basket in the future.

ok for today's trade~

e/j = +30pips 1st lot +60 pips second lot = 90pips

e/g = +30pips 1st lot B/E 2nd lot...

total for today is 120pips... :) thank god~

been trading the 1h chart today.. my daughter is not feeling well so have to change my trading method.. i've found out that on the 1h chart.. when a signal comes pops up.. 30 - 60 pips within 2 hrs is a no problemo for the system.. so decided to try this sort of TP for this week.. SL is about 30 - 40 pips... (if 1 bar moves around 60pips might consider tightening your lots not SL.. as u need to give the pairs some room to breath as some traders are taking their profit off the table)

may we all make some pips tmr.. god willing~

good night guys~

:)

Congrats! Nice pips! I was monitoring 1 hr TF also and compare to my 15 min entry. But, by the time I wait for 15 min signal to all lined up, it was near same entry as 1 hr. (maybe 15 min TF signal is just bit faster) So, I may also consider trading 1 hr. Good information and thanks for sharing. Edited by fx4_ever

Another winning day

Here is my update for the day. Trade on E/U this UK early session. It only took 1-1/2 hr after entry and net 60 pips profit. Guys and Gals, give this a try. really works. Wish this system isn't so heavy eater on my CPU. http://i26.tinypic.com/mmbdb8.png

Edited by fx4_ever

Here is my update for the day. Trade on E/U this UK early session. It only took 1-1/2 hr after entry and net 60 pips profit. Guys and Gals, give this a try. really works. Wish this system isn't so heavy eater on my CPU. http://i26.tinypic.com/mmbdb8.png

Hi fx4_ever, nice pips. May I ask couple of questions?

(1) I notice you waited till the end of the second candle after the signal to enter, (as opposed to beginning of the same second candle), is that an intentional cautionary decision (i.e. to make sure trend does not change back?)

(2) How did you determine your exit point? I notice there were no red indication anywhere on the board at the time of your exit? Or was 60 pips your pre-determined targe profit.

I missed this move myself because I took my family out to dinner, and returned late here (Aussie evening = Europe morning). But this Forex Day Monster certainly does look like it has potential.

Hi fx4_ever, nice pips. May I ask couple of questions?

(1) I notice you waited till the end of the second candle after the signal to enter, (as opposed to beginning of the same second candle), is that an intentional cautionary decision (i.e. to make sure trend does not change back?) Arrow comes first, then, we have to wait for all other indicator to be in same color (this case, all green to take long). Which means, you have to wait until bar to finished. If candle closed and color still sticks, then, following candles open, we enter your trade. That is what I understood and I am trading it under that rule. At the time, arrow bar's indicator was not all green, so I had to wait until the following bar to finished. That is why I entered on 3rd bar's open. Color of indicators do change, but as long as color WAS all green at the time of entry, it is supposedly good to go.

(2) How did you determine your exit point? I notice there were no red indication anywhere on the board at the time of your exit? Or was 60 pips your pre-determined targe profit. It was pre-determined TP. I usually set TP by white dot (S/R). But if it is not near where you want to exit, I gauge by Fibo target.

I missed this move myself because I took my family out to dinner, and returned late here (Aussie evening = Europe morning). But this Forex Day Monster certainly does look like it has potential. This morning, I had 4 more trade setup and would have been all winners, but I am only selecting 1 currency at a time. Wonder how "wanrayman" did today :)

I reply next to your question. I hope it's OK.

Edited by fx4_ever

wanrayman, I had another good day trading. I also added "SuperADX" to the chart. Just FYI

SuperADX shows when trend is about to end, reverse or breakout, etc. So, it help me determined my trading decision.

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/6856-%28req%29-Super-ADX/page13

If you want to download SuperADX, look at the post above. Between SuperADX and FDM, it really work well.

Edited by fx4_ever

Thanks for clarification. Between reading your posts and wanrayman's posts, it has given me more confidence that this does seems to work in real trading.

I am very new to this system like I mentioned previously. But, unlike many other commercial trading system, this one seems to be weed out the some of the bad trade. Not all trading signal is good, but with couple of other indicators add to the chart, you can make this work in real time. I am trading this live (not demo real time), so I am pretty selective on my entries. I can say it works more than 70% of the time.

hey fellow traders... whats up fx4_ever~

congrats on the eur trade... nice move we had today huh.. hihihihi..

since today there were a lot of news that came out.. i was a bit conservative... only took 1 trade and switched off my notebook... heheheh.. reframe from taking any risky trades.. hehehehe...

so today's trade was on AUD/USD.. since i was tryin to stay away form the eur n gbp...

nice +30 and +60 pips.... thank god..

thanks for the indi fx4_ever.. will try it out tmr... i'll PM u if i have any questions bout it aite?

again congrats on the eur trade.. n thanks for supporting this thread..

g'day mate~ (since i traded the AUD n i gave me some nice pips hehehhe)

Summary of trading FDM

Hi All:

Another successful trading day. Took G/U and profit 80 pips. :) I am pretty much done for the week.

Here is my total since I start trading FDM system last week.

================

7/15 -> g/u +130, e/j -43, e/j -44 ** this was the first day trading this system and e/j trade were my mistake and should NOT have taken these trades. (net = +33)

7/16 -> g/u +53, e/u +2

7/19 and 7/20 --> did not trade.

7/21-> g/u +88

7/22 -> g/u + 60

7/23-> g/u +80

So far, 2 weeks trading (5 trading days) = + 316 pips

Have a good weekend everyone!

Edited by fx4_ever

Hi Wanrayman & fx4_ever, great trades, i do not know if you encounter but i seem to have a lot of false trades for yen pairs like the US/Jpy, do you have any advice on them wanrayman. Did not get wat u mean on the (bare in mind 2 lots were taken), u mean you used 2 standard lots for each trade?

It seem llike from Fx4_ever, the system seem to work very well for G/U.. guess it is more trendy, EJ whips us up & down.. UJ pairs like to cry wolf lol

Hi Wanrayman & fx4_ever, great trades, i do not know if you encounter but i seem to have a lot of false trades for yen pairs like the US/Jpy, do you have any advice on them wanrayman. Did not get wat u mean on the (bare in mind 2 lots were taken), u mean you used 2 standard lots for each trade?

It seem llike from Fx4_ever, the system seem to work very well for G/U.. guess it is more trendy, EJ whips us up & down.. UJ pairs like to cry wolf lol

Hi:

I am fairly new to this system, but believe this will be a good strategy to make profit enough to make a living (depend on the lot size that you trade, ofcourse :) I am only selecting 1 currency at a time. Example: I scan multiple currencies and if I found 2-3 currencies setup to take trade (if all signal is there and I need to make a trade), I will decide which one to select for my trading at that time. First, I look at where the price is. Let's say, If I have E/U and G/U that gives good entry signal and ready for me to take an action, I will look at currency strength. (I use indicator call 'cc'. you can download here: h**p://onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=107. If cc shows E/U is starting to show it is moving a part better than G/U, I select E/U. Also, 2nd thing that I consider is to select how many pips the pair moved and if there is a enough room to move. 3rd rule for me is, if current price is near S/R (white dots) or not. If current price is very near S/R, I noticed after entry, it has hard time moving passed S/R area. So, I tried to look at those as well and consider that as a part of my selection process.

So far, I am lucky enough to select good currency that gave me a good profit. I hope this information help. Lately, I found SuperADX and it shows me when trend is ending. So, this helps me to decide to close my profit also. You can find SuperADX here. Just search by name. It's for MT4. I've used SuperADX for Tradestation sometime ago and it really was HolyGrail. But, I didn't have SuperADX for MT4 until recently, thanks to 'indo-investasi" :)

Edited by fx4_ever

Hi Fx_4ever and wanrayman nice to hear ur green pips its really great, can u both tell us Plz which TF are u using and also Broker and how much do u invested in ur real accounts minimum just for living if one should have no job, my target is also to earn from 80$ to 100$ daily, is it achievable guys through this system? If possible then how much should we invest to achieve the same?

Regards

Hi Fx_4ever and wanrayman nice to hear ur green pips its really great, can u both tell us Plz which TF are u using and also Broker and how much do u invested in ur real accounts minimum just for living if one should have no job, my target is also to earn from 80$ to 100$ daily, is it achievable guys through this system? If possible then how much should we invest to achieve the same?

Regards

You can make a living at this is depend on where do you live and what type of life style that you are custom to..

But, this system, making 30 pips daily is pretty easy in my opinion. If you are selective on your trading choice and making smarter choice before you trade, you can even get far more than 30 pips daily. So, you can work the numbers for yourself:

Let's use an example: if your target is $100.00 day and your stoploss that you are willing to risk is 30 pips (1:1 r/r ratio). you make 30 pips/day, your lot size should be roughly 3 mini lots. if your broker allow leverage of 100:1, you'll need roughly $300.00 for margin use. If your stoploss hit, your risk will be $100.00 (roughtly). So, you need to figure out your risk tolerance now.

If you want to keep your risk to 10% of your account, you'll need to start with at least $1000.00.

If your risk to 5%, you'll need to start with at least $ 2000.00.

If your risk to 1%, you'll need to start with $10000.00 account.

Outcome of the results will be different based on your r/r ratio (risk and reward), your risk tolerance as you can see.

In general, conservative traders doesn't want to risk more than 2% of their account balance.

I am trading CitiFX (not the best of the breed, but it's only FDIC insured forex broker offers MT4 platform) and their leverage is 50:1 I trade this system on 15 min TF. I just start trading this system about 7 days ago, so I am going it at easy right now.

Edited by fx4_ever
additional info added

I am new and have read all pages. I would appreciate if a member could share a link of the most current version more specific, indicators including buy/sell pressure and oscillators. I am excited and look forward in sharingwith the community here. The version I have is very lite.

Thank In Advance,

LastFreeMan

From what I've seen, the FDM system isn't bad, just also watch out for the adx readings. And as fx_4ever says, alo use the super adx. Funny thiung about the super adx is that it will not signal all moves, missing quite a few, yet it can be pretty reliable with its red bars, and reversal signals provided you use them in conjunction with your own confirming indis. Probably why the author has them on so many charts, coz when u do get a signal, confirm it with another of your fave indis, and u should do well.