Can You Please Upgrade/Fix The Message System?

logicgate

I am not being able to add more people to the same conversation. I Was able to do it only one time, but there is as 5 people limit.

I tried opening another conversation with more 5 people, but even using the auto complete function of the messenger I get the error "invalid node id specified"

Also, please remove the 30 second wait between messages, it is very annoying... I now have to send PMs to almost 30 people and wait 30 seconds between messages.

I don´t understand this limitation, for the search engine too the same 30 second wait. Wasn´t it a limitation from the old forum system? Why inherit that?

Another limitation to the message system that would have made sense 20 years ago but does not make much sense now is only being able to have a few hundred messages in your sent messages and inbox.

Just one single JPG posted in a thread might be the entire size of someones email box thesedays. Cost of data storage has come down a lot. While it varies from business model to business model I would have thought the cost of bandwidth for this website would vastly outstrip storage costs.

Its a real pain that when you send people messages you find out their main box is clogged up because of the tiny limit of a few hundred sent and received, which dont go far if you been on here a few years.

Gmail gives you 10Gb storage as standard. Is it reasonable to suggest just 50Mb storage on this site? 50mb of plain text messages goes a long way.

• 1 month later...
Another bug in the messenger, messages are randomly getting erased. We receive the message, but the message "balloon" is empty

In my experience it's not "random," every time I try to message more than one person at a time, their replies come back blank (no text) as you mentioned - totally dysfunctional.

Also, how do I find out how many stored messages I have? I just tried to send a pm and was told I could not because I am "over quota," how far over quota I don't know, I'll have to guess.

• 3 weeks later...
There is a serious problem with the forum's messaging system, many members are telling me they have received blank messages from me!! 🙁

Hi Gadfly, since we are not sure when or whether this problem will ever get fixed for the time being if you would like to address a message to many people, probably if you send it in the form of an image attachment I think it will arrive just fine.

I know this is not ideal or even it will work out. But while the messaging problem is not yet fixed it's worth the try.

• 6 months later...