ChartTraderPro v2 Free for SIM

Darktrader

I was wondering if anyone has managed to try the ChartTraderPro ver 2 on Sim and managed to get reasonable or better than breakeven success with your own strategies. Algotrader are currently offering their new free "feature-rich" ChartTraderPro strategy trader add-on for NT7 SIM trading only.If you are trying it, please let the forum know if you have managed to glean some success out of it with your own strats.

http://algotrader.ninja/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if anyone has managed to try the ChartTraderPro ver 2 on Sim and managed to get reasonable or better than breakeven success with your own strategies. Algotrader are currently offering their new free "feature-rich" ChartTraderPro strategy trader add-on for NT7 SIM trading only.If you are trying it, please let the forum know if you have managed to glean some success out of it with your own strats.

http://algotrader.ninja/

Looks interesting. How have you done with it? Any advantages that could result in increased profits?

Thanks, W.

Spam site. Asking for your email and tel and then flooding your mailbox.

Really Yuna? I signed up for their free SIM only strategy trader 2 months ago and I have not received any spam or calls to my cell.Believe you me I would be all over them if I received any from them.Only the usual " how has the trading been" or"do you want to purchase the live version" queries.

Looks interesting. How have you done with it? Any advantages that could result in increased profits?

Thanks, W.

Wanderer, I have been using their free sim version for about 2 months now and I haven't noticed any errors or bugs yet.Although I do suspect they may have overextended themselves in making it "feature-rich", that if I am trading live, an error or bug might creep up unbeknownst to me and eff up the whole trading strat,although I must say that something like that hasn't happened yet,yet their features like stoploss manager,quick ATM modules,manual execution panels,one click orders, and OCO Strategies have come in handy at times when following the live markets on sim and market replay execution during the weekends.My major beef is that their support people are hungarian and polish and not english educated and not been of much help to me.As for the strategies itself, it was a major failure but it's not the fault of ChartTraderPro itself as I was testing the abysmal Vervoort MA strategy, and frankly as you know it sucks!So we will still need a reliable strategy

Interesting, provided link used to takes you to:

http:// @lgotrader.ninja/ downloads / charttraderpro /

Where quick start guide, user's manual, forum and zip download link resides. Now download button seems disable... these guys are quicker on the draw than I thought.

Sadly, I didn't download it at that time. Maybe somebody else did and would kindly share with us.

@yunakhan - "22 adware from their site." - Wow X_X shameful.

http://i.imgur.com/0FUQevc.gif

Edited by Swordfi$h
adding quote

This webpage is not available

The server at charttrader.ninja can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing SRWare Iron from accessing the network.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this webpage later.

Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.

Check your DNS settings. Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.

Try disabling network prediction by following these steps: Go to the Iron menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... and deselect "Predict network actions to improve page load performance." If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance.

Add SRWare Iron as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Iron menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.

Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

Hi Everybody,

I'm Lorant Vari, Founder, CEO of AlgoTrader.ninja (AlgoSys LLC). I found this topic about our developement / website ... I just want to offer my personal support for anybody who is interested in our ChartTrader project.

Yes, my mother language is hungarian, i speak fluent romanian as well, but my english is poor. I hope you can accept it...

Just few words about the project:

I am fulltime trader (Futures, FX, CFDs) and running some Introducing Broker businesses, developing strategies, offer personal, small-group trainings, all locally. One of my advanced multi instrument strategy was impossible to backtest, optimize and run on MT4, so I decided to find a better platform solution to develop a framework for myself.

I really liked Multicharts, Sierra, cTrader, xTrader, ProTrader...but all these platforms programming possibilities are sooo closed, that I decided to use NInjaTrader to start the developement.

NinjaTrader is a really great platform, but has a lot of "black holes", missing many basic features that are necessary for a trader, like creating SL, TP from chart, or Trailing based on indicators using just few click etcetc.

I asked a really good programmer to try to find a way to rebuild their chart using our ideas, modules, strategies, user interface.... and the learning started 16 month ago...

During the developement we always find some new possibilities, breaking the platform supported programming rules, rethinking the full procedure of trading from chart and using automated strategies on same instrument, same time, without choosing from manual trading and automated "blind" strategies.

This is a hybrid solution, we tried to mainatin the full visual trading feature + adding many small algos, auto rules to help the user during the trades.

It is not an automated strategy, it is not a manual interface, it is a combination of that mainly for Discretionary Traders who want to use the power of automatism.

After +6000 hours of developement we created a really big framework, a COre engine with + 20 k lines of ninjascript code (that is huge compared to other 4000 developers from NT Ecosystem) and +10 extension modules.

As I told before, I am a trader, cannot write codes (but I learned to read and understand during the developement), cannot develop websites, but I did it (this is the algotrader.ninja).

I made many mistakes during the website developement, I recreated many many times my live site, asked for help to write the english version, I made many training videos, the full documentation, images, registration process, licensing, newsletter, crm intergration.... from 6 AM to 12 PM ... + testing the software, fixing the bugs, creating the full UI with Visual Studio (that I never used before) ...

So I think we made a great job, but it is too big project for 2 guys... and the only fulltime worker in this project it's me.

AlgoTrader Add-on for NinjaTrader was the version 1 name, I decided to change to ChartTrader from 2015, because it is much more closer to the core concept of Visual Trading ( + algos) than an algorithmic trading system..

I changed the domain from algotrader to charttrader, but was a new mistake I think, so changed back :)

This is how I learn, all day long, through my bigmistakes.

The only thing what I can promise, that we are here, we are transparent, anybody can ask for help directly from me even if I cannot speak fluent english.

We are working on version 1 module updates to v2, right now the downloadable Add-On it is just the Core version with 2 simplified extensions...

I have a huge list with my ideas, fetures, and bugs...

I trade with ChartTraderPRO, I really like to use, it helps me soo much when I have to decide my risk, to manage my positions, to automatize the stops or exits...

The best would be to offer a really FREE product for live trading, integrated with some brokers, (we are working on a broker API intergartion as well), but I think we cannot offer in 2015.

The SIM version is the same with LIVE version, there are some small differences in code, but not in features. There is no reason to crack it, it is impossible to trade on Live accounts with SIM or would be so instable that it is not worth for risk.

I am always happpy to assist new users, it would be great to find some guys who really understand NinjaTrader and the power of our Add-on to promote, support the international community.

My apologies for the long letter, I just want to offer my support, and to help your community to improve our software, to fix the bugs and implement new ideas that can help traders.

I will NEVER SPAM, I dont really need any infor about anybody, but how can I help a new user I I don't know nothing about that? Yes, you can download the software from direct link without any registration:

http://algotrader.ninja/downloads/charttraderpro/

It is not a mistake...

But please, be correct, ask me, send feedback, bug directly to me... and introduce yourself, I HATE to talk with avatars, nicknames and "smart" users.

Have a great Easter and weekend!

​Respectfully

Lorant, Vari

Futures, FX Trader

Founder, CEO - AlgoSys LLC

Web: http://AlgoTrader.ninja

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlgoTraderNinja

The SIM version is the same with LIVE version, there are some small differences in code, but not in features. There is no reason to crack it, it is impossible to trade on Live accounts with SIM or would be so instable that it is not worth for risk.

Simplifying, you're just asking for not educating your software.

From my side it's ok. I appreciate your courage, but not all of your arguments. The above quote is just not true and don't force me to prove it...

Anyway, I'm not interested in your product (for now) and I'm not going to educate it.

Thx for feedback!

I don't want to prove me anything, I just simply wrote the truth about SIM.

We made 3 simple modification in LIVE code, the main difference is, that SIM cannot work with real accounts cash values, calculations, we use the hardcoded values and data from NT options.

The other one is, that we disabled the overfill management in code created by us, this could be risky when you trade LIVE.

Anyway, all I need to support our community and traders who are interested in.

Thx

Lorant

»

Products

Platform

Pricing

Downloads

Support

404 - Page Not Found

Home Error 404

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.

Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Rule 4.41: HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM. ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.

FULL RISK DISCLOSURE: Futures trading contains substantial risk and is not for every investor. An investor could potentially lose all or more than the initial investment. Risk capital is money that can be lost without jeopardizing ones financial security or life style. Only risk capital should be used for trading and only those with sufficient risk capital should consider trading.

Thx for info

This is not a promotion...

The download must work, i fixed the link (yes , was many changes in the last few month), but have many downloads evry day, please check Download menu under my page... I simplified the registration as well...so...there is no registration.

Was a request for many visitors...

I don't really understand why people don't report directly to a website the problem, instead of that, they open a forum ... but it is my oldshool thinking.

This is the reason, why I wrote here, to fix our problems and offer support, nothing else.

Thanks

Lorant

Thx for info

This is not a promotion...

The download must work, i fixed the link (yes , was many changes in the last few month), but have many downloads evry day, please check Download menu under my page... I simplified the registration as well...so...there is no registration.

Was a request for many visitors...

I don't really understand why people don't report directly to a website the problem, instead of that, they open a forum ... but it is my oldshool thinking.

This is the reason, why I wrote here, to fix our problems and offer support, nothing else.

Thanks

Lorant

Download link still broken for pro....love to test it if available.

The download must work, i fixed the link ...

Lorant

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

It redirects to: http://charttrader.ninja/download/charttraderpro/

The requested URL /download/charttraderpro/ was not found on this server.

Seems to me, the wordpress template of your web page is too complicated. Do you know, at least, where, in reality, is located your file? Maybe, it could be simpler for you to use the sendspace.com and paste here the link? ;)

btw. So do I, can't understand, it can be so tough to do (just assigning the correct link to the button)...