Stock Lists for all US Exchanges to add in Ninjatrader ? Are there any ? Anywhere ?

trader1968

You can download for the 3 major Exchanges here, CSV format.

Hi gang,

I am trying to find a way to be able to scan all US exchanges and the stocks in them.

Is there anywhere i can find instrument lists for Ninjatrader to import somehow ?

I want a scan beyond the SP500 etc that are already in Ninja out of the box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tske care all and good trading

Finviz Symbol Lists

Nasdaq and Nyse symbol lists ready to import in NT. Instructions by original uploader included. http://www.4shared.com/zip/mQvWAwF5/NT_instrument_lists.html

The NinjaTrader folks need to provide a way to update the Instrument Manager. I've been making symbol lists/portfolios the way you described, but each symbol has to be edited in the Instrument Manager to be usable in NinjaTrader. There needs to be a way to do batch editing for symbol lists.

The way I update my symbol lists is a little more complicated by getting the raw data from the stock screener at Finviz http://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=111&ft=4 and editing them in MS Excel, copy and paste directly off of the spreadsheet and into notepad. You can get symbol lists this way for most of the major exchanges around the world. Use the export button at the bottom right of your filtered Finviz list.

Edited by Bill Bundle

I see. I don't trade stocks, so I haven't really looked into this. I'm sorry that did not help much.

The NinjaTrader folks need to provide a way to update the Instrument Manager. I've been making symbol lists/portfolios the way you described, but each symbol has to be edited in the Instrument Manager to be usable in NinjaTrader. There needs to be a way to do batch editing for symbol lists.

The way I update my symbol lists is a little more complicated by getting the raw data from the stock screener at Finviz http://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=111&ft=4 and editing them in MS Excel, copy and paste directly off of the spreadsheet and into notepad. You can get symbol lists this way for most of the major exchanges around the world. Use the export button at the bottom right of your filtered Finviz list.

I see. I don't trade stocks, so I haven't really looked into this. I'm sorry that did not help much.

I may have misunderstood your mention of NASDAQ and NYSE, since I only know them for trading stocks. Anyway, it might be of some help for those other members reading this thread Stock Lists for all US Exchanges to add in Ninjatrader ? Are there any ? Anywhere ?

• 6 years later...

Hi there,

I am still looking for a way to import stock data from all american exchanges for a daily scan tried the example above but it requires to be a payed memebr to export, could you be so kind to help further ? or anyone for that matter if they have a way to import the latest stock lists in Ninjatrader 7 ? Had forgotten of this project but i think i have an idea of a filtering process that seems to be promising, i would share it here but i need data for all the stocks, cause the criteria of the scan are tight and maybe we get some signals (Before they occur) or on the first day, but they run for 3-5 days with good results.

I know it is not our standard thing to trade stocks, i know i was not, but as i am getting older, i am not against a way to find some nice trades for 3-5 or 10 days to make some $, as i say i need data to make sure it works before i give the system to the peer here.

Thanks to all

Take care

Edited by trader1968