Struggling To Make Money - Found The Perfect Trading System

Dave123 as said stop loss is very tight...and that is why I monitor my trades and since I can do that I enter trades without stop loss but in saying that I know the price is going my way and as soon as we can make profit I put breakeven........my entry is VERY VERY PRECISE and you can expect 0 to 5 pips drawdown most of the time

With difficult.o I use weekly/daily/4hr s/r levels (which are good) along with trendline, pattern breaks/pullbacks. Stop loss has never been 5pips.

It will be interesting what Danny has to offer, can't wait. :-)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. ...will open further 20 pips trade if price goes against me.....to a maximum of 1 dollar a trade....

Hi Danny,

Can you please clarify the above? Did you mean when price goes against you, you will add in more 20 cents a pip trades up to 5 times, until trading 1 dollar a pip max? Or when you say "to a maximum of 1 dollar" your total SL is $1? (20 cents/pip x 5 pips = $1)

Thanks for sharing.

a777...no one knows where price is going hence sometimes price can go against us...and in that case.....I might open 1 or 2 more trades for example and see where price is going.......usually it is 1 or 2 more trades...example: 20 cents a pip.....price goes against me 5 pips...open 1 more trade......price goes against me another 5 pips open 1 more trade 20 cents a pip....thats it...rarely more than that....and than price will go in my direction....so in this case the drawdown for the intial position is 10 pips which equates to $2.00...(however when there is breakeven for the first trade...we are in profit by 15 pips) and this is to maximize the profit...or we can leave the trade as it is without opening more trades but the reward is less....1 or 2 trades more is opended if confident the price is going to go in my direction??? Sometimes I leave the trade as it is and get out at breakeven if not sure...but the beauty is price will come my way....

Hi Danny,

Can you please clarify the above? Did you mean when price goes against you, you will add in more 20 cents a pip trades up to 5 times, until trading 1 dollar a pip max? Or when you say "to a maximum of 1 dollar" your total SL is $1? (20 cents/pip x 5 pips = $1)

Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes I leave the trade as it is and get out at breakeven if not sure...but the beauty is price will come my way....

I understand now, you scale or average in which resets your breakeven point closer than it was for your first trade. When you show your trade examples we will be able to better understand how you can be confident about "the beauty is price will come my way..."

You use a SL which is very important. I recall someone at ForexFactory who always scaled in on losing trades multiple times expecting a retracement to bail him out and used no stop loss. He had a high winning % for a few months building a large account and looked great until a margin call. But again his problem was he used no stop loss.

Danny, can you post a quick screenshot of one of your trades? It doesn't have to be fancy for now just something that explains how/why you entered the trade. Something to whet our appetite until you set up the demo account. Thanks.

Rick I will be using stop loss

Yep....saw a signals provider do this and he got away with it for a while.....was making a killing....HOWEVER, no SL...and then he went into a rabid trading revenge mode and wiped out everybody's account (had trade copier)......lucky for me...I was on the sidelines....the signals service was forexmeister.com.....gone...now

There will be a lot of people to critique this system not because it will not work but purely traders will have different opinions on how the entries are decided, unfortunately that is the nature of trading and that's why trading is so difficult for everyone.

Me for one i am interested to see your version of precise entries.

yes, very curious on the entries. I've been using a similar approach (similar to martingale) in the past- up to 3 trades in total if the first goes against me. Could make money unless the market goes way too far from your initial expectations. As a whole my losses were much bigger than profits long-term. I'm sure Danny has something quite interesting (lazer entries with insignificant drawdown and exit rules)

Looking forward to it

We each have our own "perfect" system.

Something that is perfect for one trader, may not suit another trader's personality, timeframe, risk/profit criteria etc.

Learn to develop your own "perfect" system, there is plenty on this forum to suit & adapt to your own needs.

A system without indicators is a system that is based on support/resistance lines and trendlines. You could also add some candle formations like reversal bars and dojis. Get the "Naked forex" from Walter Peters, read it 2-3 times, backtest backtest backtest and finally you will have a system that will make you money. There is no holly grail, there are no magical indicators. You need to exercise your eyes (and brain) and anticipate the moves, then be disciplined and trade what you see and not trade your hopes and bias and finally apply a solid money management. If for every trade you lose your wins make twice as much, just tossing a coin will make you money. Edited by capsmart

Right now....at this moment...gbpusd is a prime example...if you look at the day chart, you can see it is coming down off a 1.6309 high...scroll back and see that it bounced off that 2 previous times!!!! This is the 3rd try...now scale down to the 4hr...and you will see a bearish engulfing candle off each high on the 4hr mark....this is the SIGNAL...now...1 hour is the entry....in my case...1.6128 with a 20 pip stop loss....keep in mind that news is coming out though, so risky....all of it is Price Action and trendlines.....and some luck....(probablilities)... Edited by rick