Amibroker 5.50 full

But if you use a data provider like mldownloader you don t need that correct ?

With AmiQuote you can set the time loop for 1 minute updates that download directly into Amibroker. MLDownloader only handles EOD data. Also if the JavaScript is coded right, it can have a timed loop also.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With an annual subscription payment averaging about $10 USD/Month, you can get Yahoo's Real Time streaming data. Yahoo has an extention code at the end of ticker symbols to identify which country's exchange a company's symbol originates. If anyone knows how to link Amibroker to Yahoo's RT data, please explain how it is done?

yup, but that is for version 5.2. Besides, those who are serious traders, would love to have the software on their system. Though, I very much appreciate that, such things comes quite handy when needed while carrying at office or on pen drive at some other place where, where u just want to see the chart and take a quick call, and nothing more.

I am using Amibroker 5.5 on my flash/pen drive.Works like charm.:P

Advantages - Its always with me, can use it anywhere.can be used as a back up.

Disadvantages - chance of pendrive failure.

hellboy,

That's interesting. I've seen Amibroker entries inserted into the Window's registry and I didn't think that you could run Amibroker on another computer without them. The portable version creates an "ini" file in a Amibroker subfolder that substutes as the Window's registry. Ancient versions of Windows used to use the "ini" file, before Microsoft invented the registry file.

The only trading platform that I know of that is actually portable is ThinkOrSwim and that is because its coded in Java. Anyway, if you have tested it with real time data or importing EOD data; that's great. Have you made trades with it or do you use it for trading analysis?

Edited by Bill Bundle

... such things comes quite handy when needed while carrying at office or on pen drive at some other place where, where u just want to see the chart and take a quick call, and nothing more.

Maybe someone who has a live trading account linked to Amibroker can test the portable version for us.

PS. Here's some information on how to make your trading platform into a portable version.

Make portable applications with VMware ThinApp

http://hacktolive.org/wiki/Make_portable_applications_with_VMware_ThinAppMake

Portable Apps and Games + Download Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMsDAKK6dVY

Edited by Bill Bundle

hellboy,

That's interesting. I've seen Amibroker entries inserted into the Window's registry and I didn't think that you could run Amibroker on another computer without them. The portable version creates an "ini" file in a Amibroker subfolder that substutes as the Window's registry. Ancient versions of Windows used to use the "ini" file, before Microsoft invented the registry file.

The only trading platform that I know of that is actually portable is ThinkOrSwim and that is because its coded in Java. Anyway, if you have tested it with real time data or importing EOD data; that's great. Have you made trades with it or do you use it for trading analysis?

1.I am using Amibroker 5.5 Full version with IEOD and EOD , historical and realtime as well.No issues , I am using the pendrive on XP and Win7 as well.

2.Another software I was able to run was MarketDleta.

But I couldn't run Ninjatrader.:(

1.I am using Amibroker 5.5 Full version with IEOD and EOD , historical and realtime as well.No issues , I am using the pendrive on XP and Win7 as well.

2.Another software I was able to run was MarketDleta.

But I couldn't run Ninjatrader.:(

There's a solution to all portability issues on these software and that's installing Windows directly onto the flashdrive (aka pendrive). I seen proceedures to do that, but I've gone a simpler route. I've installed Virtualbox a virtualization software package developed by Sun Microsystems that is available for free. The cost of pendrives have come down where even a 32Gb one is very affordable. Once Virtualbox is installed, you can install any operating system that your motherboard can handle including Ubuntu.

I wouldn't put too many bulky programs on a pendrive with this configuration, but a few trading programs and the portable version of MS Office should be ok. If your interested in portable Virtualbox, there's a free utility to make that possible let me know. This way you can get NinjaTrader on your pendrive.

Also I was wondering about MarketDelta. How do you like it. What real time data source are you using?

• 4 weeks later...
Please share portable amibroker 5.5, anybody can share amibroker 5.5.5 i.e rc 5

Here's an idea. Before making a program portable, make all your special customizations. Before installing AmiBroker, backup your Windows registry using Erunt. http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ After making Amibroker portable, uninstall AmiBroker and use Erunt to restore your Windows registry.

Here's some information on how to make your trading platform into a portable version.

Make portable applications with VMware ThinApp

http://hacktolive.org/wiki/Make_portable_applications_with_VMware_ThinAppMake

Portable Apps and Games + Download Link

[VMware ThinApp video tutorial]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMsDAKK6dVY

There's lots of great indicators, etc.; however, the download site is 4shared.com and it requires a membership to download files. Also, which beautiful chart helps the trader to make the most successful trades?

Thank you, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for (or at least I didn't find it). There is some sort of template which allows you to right click -> parameters and then you can choose of lots of charting settings which aren't available in the menu like: two colored background, grid settings, color of frame, color of grid, color of skale etc.

Thank you, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for (or at least I didn't find it). There is some sort of template which allows you to right click -> parameters and then you can choose of lots of charting settings which aren't available in the menu like: two colored background, grid settings, color of frame, color of grid, color of skale etc.

Try this. Save code as BackgroundColor.afl and drag it as an indicator on to you chart.

_SECTION_BEGIN("Background Color");
BKswitch = ParamToggle("Background Color","On,Off");
OUTcolor = ParamColor("Outer Panel Color",colorLightBlue);
INUPcolor = ParamColor("Inner Panel Upper",colorLightYellow);
INDNcolor = ParamColor("Inner Panel Lower",colorSeaGreen);
TitleColor = ParamColor("Title Color ",ColorRGB(245,245,245));
if (NOT BKswitch)
{
SetChartBkColor(OUTcolor); // color of outer border
SetChartBkGradientFill(INUPcolor,INDNcolor,TitleColor); // color of inner panel
}
_SECTION_END();

Or try this. Name it ColorGradient.afl

//3 Gradient Color
_SECTION_BEGIN("3 color gradient");
priceAxesWidth=0;
dateAxesHeight=0;
TitleHeight=0;
pxwidth = Status("pxwidth");
pxheight = Status("pxheight");
chartwidth = pxwidth-priceAxesWidth;
chartheight = pxheight-dateAxesHeight;
topColor=ParamColor("topColor",ColorRGB(207,254,240) );
centerColor=ParamColor("centerColor", ColorRGB(249,236,164));
botColor=ParamColor("BottomColor", ColorRGB( 253,223,196));
priceAxesColor=ParamColor("priceAxesColor", colorWhite );
dateAxesColor=ParamColor("dateAxesColor", colorWhite);
relPos=Param("centerPosition%",50,0,100,1)/100;
centerHeight=chartheight*Param("centerHeight%",10,0,100,1)/100;
x0=0;
y0=Max(TitleHeight,chartheight*relPos-centerHeight/2);
x1=chartwidth;
y1=Min(chartheight,chartheight*relPos+centerHeight/2);
GfxSetBkMode( 1 );
GfxSetOverlayMode(1);
GfxGradientRect(0,0,chartwidth,TitleHeight, colorWhite ,colorWhite);
GfxGradientRect(chartwidth,0,pxwidth,pxheight, priceAxesColor
,priceAxesColor);
GfxGradientRect(0,chartheight,chartwidth,pxheight, dateAxesColor
,dateAxesColor);
GfxGradientRect(x0,y0,x1,y1, CenterColor ,CenterColor );
GfxGradientRect(0,TitleHeight,chartwidth, y0,topColor, CenterColor );
GfxGradientRect(0,y1,chartwidth, chartheight,  CenterColor ,botColor);
_SECTION_END();

Edited by Bill Bundle

Thanks Bill, I'll try out this evening when I am back home. I guess it doesn't matter if it is saved in custom or 'Custom' or 'Basic Charts' folder, does it?

AmiBroker menu > Analysis > Formula Editor

Copy & Paste the code into the Formula Editor and give the code its name, then save the code. It will go into the Custom folder.

• 2 months later...
They found out that I'm using a cracked version of the Amibroker and shut down my platform. Anyone can help me get around that? Thanks in advance for your kind help!

You probably ran AmiQuotes to get data. This will report on you every time and void your Amibroker. You should have used the cracked myQuotes from http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/19321-(REQ)-John-maddog-doe-Help-with-myQuotes?p=243155&viewfull=1#post243155

Your registry now contains the voided license information and hopefully someone here knows how to remove it. In the future I suggest that you backup your registry before testing new programs by using the free program Erunt. If your test goes bad you can use Erunt to restore your registry.

Thank you Bill for your very valuable input! Hope someone knows how to clear the registry as you said.

In the meantime, do you or anyone know how I can retrieve my chart layout with my updated indicator formula? I changed the formula for one of my indicators but I didn't save it before the platform was shut down. Normally, when I enter the platform, the changes were still there on my chart layout even without saving it. Is it possible to still gain access to the changed formula by locating the file somewhere? Many thanks for your kind assistance again!

You probably ran AmiQuotes to get data. This will report on you every time and void your Amibroker. You should have used the cracked myQuotes from http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/19321-(REQ)-John-maddog-doe-Help-with-myQuotes?p=243155&viewfull=1#post243155

Your registry now contains the voided license information and hopefully someone here knows how to remove it. In the future I suggest that you backup your registry before testing new programs by using the free program Erunt. If your test goes bad you can use Erunt to restore your registry.

In the meantime, do you or anyone know how I can retrieve my chart layout with my updated indicator formula? I changed the formula for one of my indicators but I didn't save it before the platform was shut down. Normally, when I enter the platform, the changes were still there on my chart layout even without saving it. Is it possible to still gain access to the changed formula by locating the file somewhere? Many thanks for your kind assistance again!

Location of:

Custom Indicators

AmiBroker\Formulas\Custom

Chart Layouts

AmiBroker\Layouts

Use Ccleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Run Registry cleaner, and wherever u see reference to Amibroker, Delete those registry, (Don't forget to take backup) and then restart ur PC.

Re-Install AB, (now never use Amiquote), and see if it works....leave your reply here for the benefit of all

Use Ccleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Run Registry cleaner, and wherever u see reference to Amibroker, Delete those registry, (Don't forget to take backup) and then restart ur PC.

Re-Install AB, (now never use Amiquote), and see if it works....leave your reply here for the benefit of all

Thanks FFRT. I hope this works and I also would like to hear from those who use it.

Here's another link for CCleaner: http://www.filecrop.com/search.php?w=CCleaner&size_i=0&size_f=100000000&engine_r=1&engine_h=1&engine_m=1&engine_d=1

Edited by Bill Bundle