Market Makers Thread Aftermath

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the period 1900-0300 Eastern for the Asian range. The actual Asian range is 1900-0400. However, the London open is at 0300. The last awareness I have of the MMM Asian range (blue box) is that it starts at 1900 and ends at 2300. It may have changed. Perhaps someone will fill in the latest information.

Does everyone here use the same asian range definition of 1900 to 0300 EST as Steveg? After more than one year of attempting to produce discussions of MMM, we still have not got this "asian blue box" settings fixed down?

I think all broker daily reset are different, on my FXDD the reset is 5:00pm EST and the bluebox ends at 1:00am EST

http://i.imgur.com/yXIMC.png

First thing I've been doing is to try to determine if the market is trending strongly or ranging. I only use the 5M charts when the market seems very choppy. I have incorporated the bollinger bands to look for price extremes and when I identify an extreme I think it could be the beginning of either a stop hunt or the actual move (in strong trending markets that is usually not the case, we usually just get a straightaway which I am still having trouble identifying) . I wait for a price bar to close up or down depending on the direction, after touching or piercing an outer bollinger band and I also wait for the bar to turn blue or red depending on the direction using a Heiken ashi or whatever paintbar indi. I then place an order one or two pips above or below that bar. I am very aggressive with my stop on the first trade since it is very likely to be a stop hunt and I have a take profit target of 20 pips. After reaching the 20 pips or getting stopped out I start looking for the reverse, pretty much repeating the process but anticipating that this may be the trending MMM move so I switch to the 15M if price goes beyond 25 pips or so in profit. I set a take profit target at 40 or 50 pips for one contract and trail another to capture a bigger move.

This is great! Please show us more of your trades. Your explanation is very clear.
Edited by joeher133
spelling mistake

I meant it for Steveg only, he seemed to miss alot of key points after over a year and not getting it. Hope he can clear some space in his private message mailbox. Also he doesn't distribute what he received.

While I am happy to receive private mail (I've cleared space in my mailbox), my general belief and wish is that trading insights, knowledge and contributions be shared with thread attendees.

Same reasons as everyone else. I'm just saying I don't see any chart discussions, only requests for downloads. Like you, I'm encouraging discussions.

joeherr133 posted his charts. I posted some student charts. you should post your charts otherwise the discussion might not kick off since it's hard to understand in paragraphs than in picture.

as the thread starter and default moderator, you should not go personal. stay with the topic. set yourself as example.

After you have trashed the thread now you want everybody to start discussing. Very funny.

And deliberately commented like "This isn't the forum to share knowledge and insights...Here at Indo is for people to request downloads and share links. I don't think there is any discussions going on at any thread here" Insulting indo further. I dont even consider to discuss anything as long as you are around. You are one manipulating chap.

Why dont go to your MMM forum and discuss there. What are you doing here? No one here has anything to offer/discuss after what you did. Ha ha ha discussion ha ha ha

Edited by xdin

Has anyone asked the Indo admin to give us the old thread back? all they'd have to do is remove the illegal posts.

Hell I'll volunteer to do the work if that helps. This is a great method just using the free webinar hints.

You could propose this directly to hermanhess or chankl78.

Of course this thread could do the same if it were allowed to do so. That would mean the loss of the wealth of contributions made on the former thread.

Complaints or concerns may also be sent to hermanhess and chankl78.

Edited by Steveg

Ya the thread would come back if we could get rid of the naysayers and haters that won't contribute

The #MW chat is nice there is a lot of activity most nights but it would be nice to have contributions on a thread for future reference.

You could propose this directly to hermanhess or chankl78.

Of course this thread could do the same if it were allowed to do so. That would mean the loss of the wealth of contributions made on the former thread.

Complaints or concerns may also be sent to hermanhess and chankl78.

Edited by pcguy007

No one is insulting Indo, isn't the constant asking for download links and viciously distributing the illegal videos the cause of previous MMM threads being deleted? It's the fact. You keep twisting the facts. You mean no one asked for download and sharing links on Indo?? You don't know about Indo thread like this: http://indo-investasi.com/forumdisplay.php/46-Trading-Systems-and-Strategies-Request ?? Don't twist the .

Get back to topic. Just look at your last few posts ...... all personal.

Tell that to Steveg. He has tried to get discussion going.

You have absolutely NO IDEA what kinds of issues and problems they are having at the MMM forum, almost like student revolt ....... negative posts quicked censored and deleted.

Based on your last posts,

at one end you are against distribution of illegal videos but on the other end you found out truth that the method is a fake but you are in support of it. We can conclude that what you are saying here is that you are in support of the distribution of illegal fake method videos. Ha ha ha please go and see a doctor.

You did insult indo where you state not only this thread but all the thread in indo is only requesting downloads. Before denying it read back your earlier posts. Denying now ha ha ha.

Well if you find that the method doesnt work why asking people to discuss. I think you have a twisted mind.

Im not getting personal, it is you who distrupt the whole thread and it gets very personal to every contributors. Accusing me of getting personal, are you out of your mind?

Yes Steveg is trying to get the discussion going but when we see your name, its a turn off. Hypocrisy in the highest order. One that wants to kill the thread but yet wants to relive it. Common, we know your BS.

Edited by xdin

You are the one who used the word "insult", not me. Why should it be insult if stating facts? You are acknowledging that illegal file sharing is wrong?? What is there to deny or insult? The previous one year thread was deleted because of illegal sharing of MMM copyrighted proprietary videos. That's the fact. What is there to insult? Nothing.

You are right, no discussions anymore with people like you pursuing arguments with replies after replies. Get back to topic!

Ha ha ha ya right GET BACK TO TOPIC. WOW WOW WOW

Gentlemen: In the past some posters, believed to be MMM supporters, have intentially provoked conflict, which led the administrators to close the thread. In other words, provoking conflict served their purpose. In order to avoid that outcome I suggest that posters weigh their messages to steer away from inflammatory or personalized attacks. If you have a concern that a poster is disruptive, or acting adverse to the purpose of the thread, I suggest you report it to the forum administrators.

It is interesting to learn that MMM devotees, or people who paid substantial funds for the MMM seminars, are troubled that the MMM theory is not as advertised (to put it charitably). We've heard this before. In that one purpose of this thread is to discuss the veracity of the MMM theory, I think reports about what is occurring would be of interest.

This is particularly relevant because MMM or Mauro supporters have gone out of their way to communicate that I don't understand the method after one year when I have questioned it.

As fate would have it, yesterday AM (Pacific) I placed a long trade in EURUSD on the premise that the downward price movement out of the Asian range was a fake move. I thought I saw a W formation. This was a wrong interpretation. Price continued downward.

We can, of course, continue to report our trades, or modifications in the methodology.

Steve

Edited by Steveg

As fate would have it, yesterday AM (Pacific) I placed a long trade in EURUSD on the premise that the downward price movement out of the Asian range was a fake move. I thought I saw a W formation. This was a wrong interpretation. Price continued downward.

We can, of course, continue to report our trades, or modifications in the methodology.

There is no need to change the methodology. At the US open, it was obvious the EURUSD would go downward. I suspect some, as yourself, have missed that direction, because, again, ignoring the main aspect of the MMM methodology : beyond the levels, how to track the activity of the MM. In last January, E has made a clear presentation on that point in the MMM Sunday session. Thanks to his explanations, more pieces of the puzzle fall in the right place in my mind.

Make great trades !

IanFoster said: "Understanding the method makes a huge difference, even if you have 50% odds of guessing which direction market will move (up or down). In below picture, this guy obviously tried to short EU albeit unsuccessfully during european session, scratching out breakeven unhurt. But why did he choose to short EU, attempting twice, while you saw it as fake move and W to play long? How did he know he should play it short?"

Why not explain it?

IanFoster said: "We already have ALL the materials (illegally distributed in the previous threads) to learn the method. Why are we not learning it?"

People are free to participate at any level of their choosing. It is unhelpful to hector and blame people. It is inflammatory to repetitively moralize about those who shared MMM materials. There are better ways to contribute.

IanFoster said: "We already have ALL the materials (illegally distributed in the previous threads) to learn the method. Why are we not learning it?"

People are free to participate at any level of their choosing. It is unhelpful to hector and blame people. It is inflammatory to repetitively moralize about those who shared MMM materials. There are better ways to contribute.

Steve,

Some people just dont have the guts to start their own threads and keep hanging on to other peoples thread and pretend that they own it, talk about morality etc. begging for response, using other people's analysis/chart, not even once showing own's work or charts, never call trade at real time, just talk about theory (pipper has done a better job)and of course always accuse how immoral everybody else IS. Dont know what the real intention is.

Edited by xdin

Steve,

What I was suggesting was for some people to

Stop bragging about how threads being deleted for immorality reasons.

start showing own's work or charts,

start calling trade at real time,

dont just talk about theory (pipper has done a better job)

Are these inflammatory or personalised?

We already have ALL the materials (illegally distributed in the previous threads) to learn the method. Why are we not learning it?

hart3000 and joeher133 started the #MW chatroom, why are there no participation during real-time market opening hours?

Zabana started the M&W thread, http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=5440182#post5440182, why are there no participation of homework chart pictures and analysis? (2face did try to revive the interest)

Yourself started this Aftermath thread, but why no homework pictures of "good" and "bad" trades for discussion?

Do you think that people are looking for quick answers and short-cuts to "explain this" without spending time to learn the method? Even willing to wait one year and another year for someone to "explain this", instead of putting the work to learn the method? I wonder why.

Those like ataata who've seen (and downloaded) the 600+ photobucket homework pictures knew how much time and effort those students put in to analyze and submit their homework pictures, heavily annotated with what-ifs scenarios, identifying stop hunts and market maker intentions, daily cycle and weekly cycle structures. The photobucket account has since been locked with password to prevent stealing, but not before the previous threads found them and shared them. These students never asked to "explain it", because as ataata have witnessed, they did their own homework to explain for themselves and submit for correction and feedback.

Still, the same process can be implemented here. Pictures of "good", "bad", "ugly" (credited to Paul Lange of Pristine.com)

"Good" trades are those which conformed to MMM analysis and traded correctly to target. Serve as motivation for further studies.

"Bad" trades are those which appeared to setup according to MMM concepts, but turned out failing and stopped out. Serve to better understand the setups, whether interpretations are incorrect, or other nuances and factors that were missed which others might have seen. "Bad" trades also include good setups that were managed badly, trailing out breakeven or small pips while missing out on the entire homerun moves.

"Ugly" trades are those taken with all the wrong reasons. Nothing more to explain than serving as confessions of bad patience and bad discipline. Use to provide accountability to oneself and to team. "Ugly" trades are the ones that kill accounts, not because of unproven MMM theory. There are probably 5 attributes to good trading: Discipline, Patience, Consistency, Knowledge, Confidence. Focusing on MMM theory is just one part of 5 (the Knowledge part and possibly adding to Confidence if one mastered the level counts and stop hunts timings), the other 4 attributes cannot be solved by watching MMM videos alone. There are no holy grail or magic pill as the cliche goes. No one else can help you short-cut the homework process, you have to do it on your own.

On your own, you can file these pictures into "Good", "Bad", "Ugly" folders. Each served a purpose to improve your own trading plan. Publicly, by posting and sharing your "good", "bad", and "ugly" trades pictures served to provide learning opportunities for fellow enthusiasts. Better than asking, ".... which direction will EU open today?" or ".... do you think we can short EU?" or ".... is this the W to go long?" or ".... is there an EA that can trade M and W for me?". Do the homework and post your pictures.

See all talk about other people, never own work, theory theory theory, Anyone in the forum can do this. when Steve ask for explanation, what was the reply, go and learn it ha ha ha

Always ask other people to do homework, post pictures etc. Where's your homework? Where's your explanation? Where's anything of MMM from you?

Edited by xdin

IanFoster said: "Understanding the method makes a huge difference, even if you have 50% odds of guessing which direction market will move (up or down). In below picture, this guy obviously tried to short EU albeit unsuccessfully during european session, scratching out breakeven unhurt. But why did he choose to short EU, attempting twice, while you saw it as fake move and W to play long? How did he know he should play it short?"

Why not explain it?

A simple answer of steve question could have been useful, why it was short instead of long, but instead "please do homework, learn it, do this, do that,

No answer just BS

Ok here's my easy profit trade prior to NFP news. I like to trade london session prior to nfp becuase it's so slow and easy to trade.

In red in the asian session, the 50 pips is excedded and was really 62 pips but i'll trade it anyway if i get a signal. During asian session and partial london the MM made 3 pushes down, you'll see them in checkmarks then they went into consolidation/accumulation mode. During that time they formed a small W (marked with up arrow)and made 2 pushes up. When i saw the indecision candle (marked in between black lines i went short. At NY open i moved to b/e and added a 2nd order. I closed both orders 15 minutes prior to NFP news.

On the 1st order i banked 85 pips and the 2nd order i banked 50 pips. Nice easy trading day.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m04yx4

Sorry if the picture didn't show up, copy and paste didn't work.

If someone can give me a tip i'll paste the picture

Edited by pcguy007

Ok here's my easy profit trade prior to NFP news. I like to trade london session prior to nfp becuase it's so slow and easy to trade.

In red in the asian session, the 50 pips is excedded and was really 62 pips but i'll trade it anyway if i get a signal. During asian session and partial london the MM made 3 pushes down, you'll see them in checkmarks then they went into consolidation/accumulation mode. During that time they formed a small W (marked with up arrow)and made 2 pushes up. When i saw the indecision candle (marked in between black lines i went short. At NY open i moved to b/e and added a 2nd order. I closed both orders 15 minutes prior to NFP news.

On the 1st order i banked 85 pips and the 2nd order i banked 50 pips. Nice easy trading day.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m04yx4

Sorry if the picture didn't show up, copy and paste didn't work.

Now this is what I meant by contribution. No BS. Good trade pcguy