Mamont EA - live results

FxEx

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I put this EA on my demo account and noticed that the S/L set is more than 110 pips! Some even more than 1000 pips??? :(

Please see the file attached:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2835178601/Mamont.JPG

its not necessary will close the order base on sl setted, there were an internal CloseSignal from dll will force close it if its +ve(true). the 1000 pips is only set for pending order, once the order triggered the sl will modified to their preset value depend on pair around 100 pips +/- 20

Edited by ruparaw11

Does it mean that the Max S/L will be the one stated in the MT4?

don't know since the CloseSignal signal was came from dll file and mine backtesting do not have any single trade to see if any occurance SL heated. :-/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

just check at their live forward run it actually hit sl @ 110 pips twice on GU

Edited by ruparaw11

Actually I played with previous version of Mamont 1.6 and 1.7. The SL was also computed for each order depending on the current pair volatility. In times of high volatility I have seen huge SL and they have been hit. So the best is to set a max SL and compare the computed SL with the max allowed value. At least you know the maximum risk you take for each trade.

Actually I played with previous version of Mamont 1.6 and 1.7. The SL was also computed for each order depending on the current pair volatility. In times of high volatility I have seen huge SL and they have been hit. So the best is to set a max SL and compare the computed SL with the max allowed value. At least you know the maximum risk you take for each trade.

I think the posted version 2.21 does not allow us to set the max SL manually as we wish. Perhaps you were referring to the earlier version.

I think the posted version 2.21 does not allow us to set the max SL manually as we wish. Perhaps you were referring to the earlier version.

Goddam it'll take a lot of tenacity or knowledge to set stops for each pair. If yez aint feelin comfortable like then maybe just be dumpin this EA and be movin on. Forex aint no easy ride and yez can't be controllin every little thing yez don't like.

Yez can't be setting different stops for each pair individually... get a grip on reality, please.

Edited by callahan

Backtested it on one pair namely GBPUSD and in one month it doubled the account and the next month it blew the profit and was firmly in the red. The 200 S/L is too severe and there are no inputs to adjust this. The year ended with just over 4% gain. It obviously would vary year by year and the pairs it trades.

I have also heard the new version is better but the default stops are the same. My understanding was it had issues with some brokers and this has been rectified ?

It's hard to judge the EA from only one pair. The author also says not to backtest, but forward test to get accurate results.

I know what it's like, looking into eas for about 5 years personally. It's hard to find a very good one, which works well consistently.

This one looks good to me, from what I have seen of it thus far. I wouldn't risk the bank on it though, as it's hard to know for certain.

Today I got a full SL on EURAUD with 2.2.1, I saw price goin' down close to SL on a buy trade, so I analized the chart and I changed SL more lower just below last swing low, the EA didn't change the fixed SL but after some time it closed the trade with its internal SL.... DAMN ..... and I see now the chart the price is just goin' up after touch the swing low ... DAMN ... I think 2.2.1 need to be reoptmized a little bit SL must be just above/below last swing.... but seems on this trade to not respect this....

unfortunately it's a multiplair ea on one chart only, it would be better to have a single chart for every pair, in these case I could disable the EA on the EURAUD and not took SL....

Multipair EA with one chart only is not very good if you need sometimes to manual change something, you have no much control

I don't know what problem could be to load mamont on every single chart with pair parameter setting to only the pair in the chart.....

I could also change other parameter like lotsize on every chart (more risk on good pair, lower risk on bad)

I should try it.....

Today I got a full SL on EURAUD with 2.2.1, I saw price goin' down close to SL on a buy trade, so I analized the chart and I changed SL more lower just below last swing low, the EA didn't change the fixed SL but after some time it closed the trade with its internal SL.... DAMN ..... and I see now the chart the price is just goin' up after touch the swing low ... DAMN ... I think 2.2.1 need to be reoptmized a little bit SL must be just above/below last swing.... but seems on this trade to not respect this....

unfortunately it's a multiplair ea on one chart only, it would be better to have a single chart for every pair, in these case I could disable the EA on the EURAUD and not took SL....

Multipair EA with one chart only is not very good if you need sometimes to manual change something, you have no much control

I don't know what problem could be to load mamont on every single chart with pair parameter setting to only the pair in the chart.....

I could also change other parameter like lotsize on every chart (more risk on good pair, lower risk on bad)

I should try it.....

Very odd, today I had no EURAUD trade and no EURAUD trades shows on the vendors Myfxbook for today. The only EURAUD trade was back from the Dec 9 and 12 which I also have but small lose 8.3 and 3.7

does anyone have MAMONT 2.3 pro ? If its going to be educated, might as well do the latest one.

rumour has it it is WSR, i havent confirmed though.

Hi Storim Norman

I found it on anohter forum, and remember you asking for it, the link is below, I do not use EA and I do not know if its been educated, I leave that part in your hands,

Enjoy

http://hotfile.com/dl/137849945/d0c7787/Mamont_v2.3_RUS__ENG.zip.html

yeah the EA is optimised for 2011. if your patient enough for the days it takes the backtest you can see the performance in past years and compare it to this years.

quite sure it is simply an optimised multi currency WSR clone.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

yeah the EA is optimised for 2011. if your patient enough for the days it takes the backtest you can see the performance in past years and compare it to this years.

quite sure it is simply an optimised multi currency WSR clone.

After installing 2.3 . I really cannot see why some were claiming that this version was so much better, I see no difference between 2.3 and the other that was posted before, no way to control the stop lose level, no input to lock in "secure pips" like Wall Street, so what was the big deal with this update? I see none.

Does anyone know how MM (money management works on this version of 2.3)? Also, what it's suggested to be on 2.3.

I tried 60 MM, which on 2.2.1 would of been 0.06 lots for $2000, although on 2.3 it only started with a trade of 0.01.

Any ideas guys?? Thanks kindly

Ok... Why the small lots for $2000? On ma platform it can trade 29 pairs so imagine if the EA decided to open 29 0.01 lot trades on a live account all at once you would be poopin' your pants right? 29 0.01 lot trades open all at once can do a lot of damage. The Money Management is built to account for this. If you want to trade larger lots then use a bigger starting balance. That's it no mysteries.

It doesn't work the way you think it should work so get a grip. Ahh... feels like I'm talkin' to a brick wall Goddam I hate that feelin'.

God Bless.