Mamont EA - live results

FxEx

Has anybody tested this ea and found any really large stop losses kicked in? It seems like it would be good if stops were reasonable compared to take profits, although a stop like 110 pips is out of the question in my opinion. If stops would be limited to an absolute max of 40 or 50 pips, it would look like a far more attractive ea to use to me.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been backtesting uses open prices only (because every tick is way to slow with this ea) one pair at a time (specifying the pair in the SYMBALL) as the ea opens trades on open of new candle anyway. The backtest results will at least give an idea of the type of results and stop losses that are set with each pair. I am then combining them into mt4i desktop to see what type of exposure the ea is taking on correlated pairs to figure what the actual drawdown percentage could be estimated at for this year. So far, at least every pair i've tested the results have been positive. Does anyone know the actual trade logic behind this EA?

Has anybody tested this ea and found any really large stop losses kicked in? It seems like it would be good if stops were reasonable compared to take profits, although a stop like 110 pips is out of the question in my opinion. If stops would be limited to an absolute max of 40 or 50 pips, it would look like a far more attractive ea to use to me.

A stop loss of 40-50 pips that was bein' consistently honored now that would so nice, right? In a perfect world? Aint you bin seein' what the market does and howzit bin a behavin and all? And right here right now the price is so right for this EA aint it?

I'm thinkin' right now this EA is a 0.01 lots per $1000 type so you got yer equity to take the draw down punishment. This aint for no I got ma $150 in ma account gyppo's.

Try puttin' it on demo for a month or two without usin' stops and see how it does. Aint go nothin to lose demoin' right?

Edited by callahan

What do you guys think is a good setting, lot size or MM wise for this ea? I was consdiering 0.1 or 0.2 lot size trade per $1000 acc size. Perhaps even 0.15 instead. Does anyone think having 0.2 per $1000 acc size would be too risky for using this ea?

By the way, anyone know how MM works on this ea? If default is 20.0, is that 20% max risk, or for example a 0.2 lot size per $1000 account size?

What do you guys think is a good setting, lot size or MM wise for this ea? I was consdiering 0.1 or 0.2 lot size trade per $1000 acc size. Perhaps even 0.15 instead. Does anyone think having 0.2 per $1000 acc size would be too risky for using this ea?

By the way, anyone know how MM works on this ea? If default is 20.0, is that 20% max risk, or for example a 0.2 lot size per $1000 account size?

That is way too high for a $1,000 account. Keep in mind, this EA will open multiple positions for different pairs at a time and some of the stop losses are 200+ pips. .01 per $1,000 would be much smarter.

That is way too high for a $1,000 account. Keep in mind, this EA will open multiple positions for different pairs at a time and some of the stop losses are 200+ pips. .01 per $1,000 would be much smarter.

stb3000

Do you know the logic behind this EA? I would like to make a template to do a visual backtest others backtest for me seem way to slow, How did you arrive at the 200+ pip stop lose?

It seems to me that most stop losses kick in much before 1-200 pips, although an occassional one will be 100+ pips. This is from what I know of this ea thus far.

Even with say 1-4 100+ pips stops executed oer month on this ea, it seems to me it would still make a very nice profit, given the no of total trades, and high success rate of them.

The logic from watching the trades the first few days just seems to be scalping in overbought and oversold areas always with the overall trend.

On the backtesting, the tick by tick testing is way too slow for whatever reason. Using open prices only won't be as accurate but much quicker. It appears that the ea opens trades on new candles anyway so open prices should give us a rough estimate of the performance at least.

It's already been mentioned that it's about a 110 pip stop loss. Are you with a 4 digit broker? Also... does your broker have a "fixed spread"?

Edit: Sorry I asked... what can you do? :-??

Below are the trades opened by the EA in my Demo MT4:

audjpy, sell at 79.306, SL at 91.906, TP at 75.106

usdchf, buy at 0.92581, SL at 0.83021, TP at 0.95761

eurchf, buy at 1,24238, SL at 1.15668, TP at 1.27088

Is the actual SL not revealed to the broker? :)

Edited by apple1937