Pip Accumulator EA

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The manual trading of the system is more secure and successful (psaini). EAs will be always EAs - flexibility of decision making is missing.

Hermes

Depends.

It's hard to find a good trader who could code the manual system into the EXACT EA. SoundFX has done that and added options which could be easily enabled or disabled on the Input tab.

I'm trading it live using the first version of the EA given by SoundFX and using the settings recommended by the original author, so far, it has been profitable.

Before tweaking the EA or system, I would recommend reading and understand the original system. Personal opinion, keep the system simple.

I would rather let EA (aka robots, aka algo etc ) to trade rather than glue to the screen to look for setup, making decision, enter lot size and trigger the trade. I prefer to make use of technology.

I attached the EA to EURUSD H1. Use TP as recommended in the manual. The hardest thing to decide in trading is TP.

Hi:

Using EA to do the trading as designed manually is always a challenge. I came to this thread and also manual trading thread bit late and still 'catching up' stage. I ran EA last night and still tweaking the settings. I was wondering if you know this EA has an option to take only 1 trade rather than keep on trading. I read Soundfx EA manual and I can't seem to find this option if there is one.

What I am trying to do is to trade 1 trade per day per pair at any given time. Luckily, my trade, all 4 trades per pairs yielded profits, but the last order took quite long time and it would have hit top loss if SL were placed.

http://i53.tinypic.com/jq6fd0.gif

Great work guys! It's excellent to see you're keeping the thread alive :)

The key to this system (like any others) is only taking the very best signals. Everything should line up before we allow the EA to jump into a trade. This is so important yet many fail to grasp the importance. We don't want stacks of trades per day even from the EA. One or two good trades per day with high probability of success (say 70-80%) and we have an EA which is consistently profitable, stable and over time will generate significant wealth ;)

Recent posts in the manual thread by psaini suggest that he's mainly using normal pivots as S/R levels and just taking signals provided there's no news nearby.

A possible enhancement is to add FF_Cal (the most recent version) and block trades being placed 30 mins before or after "Red" news items. The 30 mins can be parameter based on each side of the news, as on NFP day for example we may want to extend these to 60mins or more. Though as a general rule we know that NFP will fall on the first Friday of the month unless it coincides with a national holiday or some other major event (these situtations are quite rare though), so even NFP could be coded in using DayOfWeek() in a new month and will work most of the time.

Also pivots can be added, with rules. For example. If we have an up arrow and price is very close to R1 or R2 and probability is > 20 then we should wait for a a closed 5m candle above R1 before entering a Buy trade. R3 is best avoided for Buy trades as it means that price is stretched a long way in one direction and may bounce back short hard stopping us out. However if price is heading down from R3 to R2 and we have a down arrow and probability is < -20 then that would be a good trade and target could be R2 (or one of our fixed targets).

There's loads of things to experiment with for you guys who have the time spare. I'm sure that given the sucess various folks have had manually trading this system with little discretional input, that the system will do very well as an EA if coded with the correct rules.

Edited by soundfx

Yes soundfx, i also believe that this EA should be used with some patience and discipline, normally people treat EA like slaves who are working 24 hrs and 365 days a year to make them some good money,

If this EA is used around london and usa open and not trading around the news then it would give fantastic profits, one or two trade per pair like EU UC GU would give very good profit, i would recommend shutting down the EA when conditions are not favorable.

Pls note i am manually trading this system,

just my two cents

Sí soundfx, también creo que EA debe ser utilizado con un poco de paciencia y disciplina, por lo general la gente trata a EA como a esclavos que trabajan 24 horas los 365 días del año para que sean un buen dinero, Si EA se utiliza alrededor de Londres y EE.UU. abierta y no comercia en las noticias, entonces daría beneficios fantásticos, uno o dos comerciales de la UE como por par UC GU daría beneficio muy bueno, yo recomendaría el cierre de la EA, cuando las condiciones no son favorables. Por favor tenga en i am manualmente el comercio de esta sistema, sólo mi granito de arena

very good observation

Edited by scorpion

Hi soundfx - GREAT work !!

One improvement suggestion: When TrailingStop activates - you can move the TP further to get some more pips out of the trade.

Oh, one more thing - the journal tab indicates that the ZigZag indicator is resetting itself continously.

Thanks again for a GREAT work !!

Hi morloc,

I'm not actively working on this EA as I don't have the time to spare.

As I mentioned at the start of the thread, I've provided a foundation for others (if they wish) to build a decent EA. I never intended to be fully involved in enhancing, bug fixing etc.

where is the download link for this ea ?

many link in post is dead.

Hi:

I was wondering if you know this EA has an option to take only 1 trade rather than keep on trading. I read Soundfx EA manual and I can't seem to find this option if there is one.

http://i53.tinypic.com/jq6fd0.gif

Having the same problem when trying this EA out.

1.Would someone advise on how to edit the setting so that the EA will open just 1 trade rather than keep trading?

2. I found out that when a trade is open, there is SL(last swing) but no TP. How do I set the TP on EA so that it will TP automatically?

3.How to set a smaller SL? SL on last swing is rather big for me.

Have read the manual but can't find the answer.

Would appreciate if someone can help.

Thanks.

Edited by rivergreen

Hi there,

let me join this thread. I am also interested in improving this EA. My MQL skills are limited but existing :)

I dont know if you like new forms of collaboration, but Etherpad is a perfect tool to share ideas and work together.

Guys, please, give it a try!

http://piratepad.net/vpTKAgGEdb

I like the idea of woring together to make this better. Adding some filters, etc. How piratedpad works? I never heard of it until now.

1.Would someone advise on how to edit the setting so that the EA will open just 1 trade rather than keep trading?

2. I found out that when a trade is open, there is SL(last swing) but no TP. How do I set the TP?

Thanks.

Yes, I agree. Using built-in swing options hitting SL too often and can't balance TP vs SL to be net positive. I am running it without SL, so that I know how much DD can occurred and which order placement did ended up with high DD. It surely need some filters, like adding FFCal, taking only xx# of trade after signal, not enter the trade if price is too near swing point, etc.

2. I found out that when a trade is open, there is SL(last swing) but no TP. How do I set the TP on EA so that it will TP automatically?

Thanks.

pips accumulator is using on m5 timeframes ?

Thanks.

pips accumulator using in which timeframe ?