Pip Accumulator EA

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - I'm baffled that you're having problems with Alpari UK lol.

I've been using 5-digit Alpari UK all the time for forward testing all versions of the EA with no problems!

It's running right now though not in a great trade (short from early this morning). Still running as the stop was at a swing high which was miles away (maybe we need a limit for these swing stops?).

Hmmm - that error normally means that the stop you're trying to set is too close to the current price. Brokers have their own individual rules on how close a stop can be placed, however this is typically only a few pips. Occasionally if price is moving fast, you can get these errors because each time you try to set your stop, price has moved too close to the new stop.

Dear Soundfx i have seen this scores of time.this same error that is mentioned and detailed by fxpcnetwork.Happens arbitrarily on all pairs and stops arbitrarily too.Sometimes pairs that ahd trailing sl would no have trailing sl on other occasions even when in profit twice the size of trailing threshold and trailing sl size.

there is some trick to it inside the code i feel.i am using fxdd demo and alpari demo.both are five digit brokers.

perhaps a fresh look at the code to area that is about trailing sl might help!

Hermes,

The II_Pip_Accumulator indicator has various settings and some have to work in real-time. This is because it's impossible to look back at candles in multiple timeframes.

Consider a simple "All TF" probability made up of 5m and 15m signals which is displayed on your 5m chart. If we look back four 5m candles in history then this equates to looking back two 15m candles - however the historical data for the 15m candle doesn't allow us to determine price or indicators at a certain time point in the bar - ideally we'd need MT4 to read two 15m candles back but to then read the value of price and indicators 1/3 of the way into that 15m candle which isn't possible.

Hence, the upshot of this is that any of the entry signal parameters associated with probability (which works in MTF) will have to start drawing the boxes from the time you attach the indicator to the chart. The indicator II_Prob_Hist works in the same way too.

Here's the latest version of the II_Pip_Accumulator indicator which was posted in the manual trading thread recently (a lot of the background on these indicators can be found in that thread too):

http://www.multiupload.com/551RY7DL95

I've also updated the page 1 link with the most recent version of the EA (excluding hsafx's fix which I've not been able to test as yet) and all indicators.

For Arrow/Box determination there are 5 possible settings:

ArrowMACDx = Arrow/Box on MACD cross

ArrowMACD0 = Arrow/Box when MACD crosses 0 line

ArrowProb = Arrow when probability is > or < defined limits

ArrowMACDxProb = Arrow with MACD cross and probability > or < defined limits

ArrowMACD0Prob = Arrow with MACD cross of 0 and probability > or < defined limits

The last 3 work in real time - the first two will draw arrows and boxes in history because they only work from the MACD indicator in the timeframe on the chart which the indicator is

attached to.

Halcyonn,

Ok - it sounds as though the trailing stop code isn't as robust as it could be, however this EA development is supposed to be a joint venture between everyone here...A fresh pair of eyes is always a good idea - maybe someone has some time tested logic for trailing stops which can be used instead of what we currently have. Anyone is free to make whatever changes they think will improve the EA in any way ;)

Edited by soundfx

Guys

I've installed the latest version and although everything seems perfect, positive trades do not close since no trailing or take profit seems to work (default settings). The active trade remains as is, no matter if the trend is changing (change of Master probability)

I'm sorry if I'm missing something in this long thread but can somebody give me a hint ?

Thank you all for this great stuff!!

THe version from hsafx #178 work like miracle!

Looks promising.

Hermes

I also checked this version on a 5 digit broker (Alpari) and can confirm that it has potential. Unfortunately there is a bug in the TrailingStop logic. If the EA is set on one pair only everything works fine. But if it is set on more than one pair there is a problem. It seems that the trailing stop function doesn't distinguish between the pairs. It would be great if someone experienced could fix it.

Like others on the site, I feel that this EA has potential, and wish to investigate further - but the version in posting # 178 is "locked" for extraction - could someone post the key/code, please?

Doug.

PS My apologies - I hadn't noticed the key in the earlier posting!:-?

Edited by douggie

Hermes,

I've looked at the gif.

I assume that you're referring to the last 2 EURUSD trades:

1st Trade (Buy) opened at 09:04 and closed at 09:09 with 13 pips profit.

2nd Trade (Sell) opened at 15:34 and closed at 15:45 with 13 pips loss.

These trades are hours apart.

This version of the EA by default has fixed stop and target which are the same 13 pips, hence losses will always be equal to profits.

The EA in default settings will trigger long trades when the last arrow was up and probability is > 20 and short trades when the last arrow was down and probability is < -20.

Doug,

As mentioned in the post #178 pass is "hsafx" (without the quotes).

rmitsos,

I'm not sure myself what's happening with trailing stops (they always seemed to work ok for me) and I've not got much free time to spend looking at this EA. I hope that some other coders will step in and help you guys out.

To post #188, yes but why the EA makes mirror trades buy/sell one winning one losing? Before happened the same +$65 an -$65 opposite trades. Everything ends in nil. No excitement.

I downloaded the last EA #183 and again it does not attach to 5 digit demo Alpari UK. Strange. It acts as indicator installed wrongly in experts!

Hermes

Apply to #188 yes, but why the EA opens mirror trades Buy/Sell one win and the second lose? It happened before also +$65 and later -$65 the result is nil and frustration. I thought that the broker is doing something illegal, especially when the trades are going overnite the brokers hunt the SL! Happened to me with MegaDroid often. Better shut the EA down on evening if not already in trade. The EAs have not enough SL for trading overnite!

Which one is the latest EA? It get confused also. The #183 is an indicator not an EA?

Thanks Hermes

P.S. I did now 2 posts I thought that the first one didn't work because didn't showed up immediately.

Edited by hermes

hermes,

You have the option to change the EA parameters to set whatever stop, target and trailing stop you want. Try out a few different settings - that's what this thread is all about, developing a new EA which works rather than accepting something (normally rubbish) which someone else coded and then sold commercially.

The latest EA is called II_PIPA_EA2_01a.

http://www.ziddu.com/download/16531706/II_PIPA_EA-2_01a.rar.html

The rar file is password protected with pass = hsafx

If you can't unarchive rar files then you can find Winrar here:

http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Edited by soundfx

Hello Soundfx!

I found some errors:

2011.09.25 21:18:39 II_PIPA_EA-2_01 USDCHF,M15: EURUSD Sell Trail error(130): invalid stops TrailStop = 0.9124

2011.09.25 21:20:57 II_PIPA_EA-2_01 USDCHF,M15: EURUSD Sell Trail error(130): invalid stops TrailStop = 0.9128

I already wrote about this bug, but my posts are invisible until some holly moderator approves them :) If you look attentively you will see that EA which is set on USDCHF pair is trying to modify EURUSD pair! Therefore the error happens. Someone experienced should fix correct ticket and symbol handling in the tailing stop function. Currently the EA can work on one pair only. This is a big disadvantage.

The II PIPA EA 2.01a traded yesterday successfully (+$159) and I closed the trade manually because of big red candle forming, I was right, it went south. I put it on "ask manual confirmation" because I didn't want that EA opens immediately another losing buy trade what many stubborn EAs do. This morning I saw a box asking to confirm a buy order, I didn't like it and closed the box with X. The box acted like a virus and didn't accepted the command. To get rid of the box I had to open a buy trade which went immediately in high minus!

I closed the losing trade again manually and unchecked the "allow live trading". I hope it will obey that command because the EA does not react to our or MT4 commands. Very scary if I would trade live account! The EAs should accept our decisions that we can manually correct their imperfection (eg. open trade in wrong time).

WIN RAR is not a problem, everybody should have it because most files come zipped.

Hermes

Edited by hermes

I will like to report this week progress, this is Pipa attached to the H1 TF, I know that my Trailing Stops are giving constant errors and not working properly, but even then the EA manage to pull out some pips. The loses on the EUR/USD were totally avoidable as when I attached the EA it just get in right away, it should have a time delay to give the Expert time to digest the data or if the signal started too long ago wait for the next one and discart old signal.

http://i53.tinypic.com/211tqfk.png

I know this is a great EA and is just a matter of time that some good coder will realise it and help us polish it!

Guys I got the TS working by using MPTM from the forex factory forum.

download it, paste on your experts folder and attach it to any chart.

Set TS in PIPA to "false", 0, and 0 respectively and let MPTM handle the trailing by changing the following settings:

Managealltrades = true

Breakeven = True

bREAKEVENpips = 22

Breakevenprofitpips = 5

Thats how we move SL to 5 once price gets to 22 profit... Then...

TrailingStop=True

UseStandardtrail=True

TrailingStopPips=20

TrailAfterBreakevenOnly=True

That way you'll get the same effect as the defaults on PIPA (which at least for me are not working).

SoundFx, I beleive in your EA and the whole concept of this thread. I'd like to offer my demo space and myfxbook account to showcase different settings' results. Please sing out which ts/tp/trsl parameters you'd like me to test with the EA from your experience of manual trading this strategy. I'll upload my demos to myfxbook account

Cheers from Peru,

Diego